LBshooter 04-Nov-14
Callingalldeer 04-Nov-14
Fulldraw1972 04-Nov-14
Fulldraw1972 04-Nov-14
Grunt-N-Gobble 05-Nov-14
GRoe 05-Nov-14
Knife2sharp 05-Nov-14
30-Oct-14
You are hunting tomorrow morning in treestand overlooking a dried up swamp(40yds x 70yds) in a river bottom that's full of open space of window makers and deer trails. Morning temps are going to be in the lower 30s. You are going to use a deer decoy. Do you leave as a buck or remove antlers and create a doe? For argument sake, there's no option of not using a decoy - you have to decide buck or doe decoy.

photo 20141030_145540.jpg

30-Oct-14
I'll be using a buck.

30-Oct-14
Buck all the way.

30-Oct-14
Buck for me. 1 antler.

30-Oct-14
I'm probably the only guy in America that decoys whitetails in with a pronghorn decoy that has deer antlers screwed on to it.

It works fine, buck all the way baby.

04-Nov-14
Doe every time. First week of November. Had a buck come in to my doe decoy. He circled around to get down wind and was 5 yards from my stand. At the shot I my lower receive limb hit the stand sending the arrow off its Mark. The arrow cut the top of his back at the rump. He bounded off just 10 yards and came right back in. I shot him at 5 yard. He piled up at 40yards.

04-Nov-14
Hey ghost, I have a2d antelope buck decoy and I use it too, so your one of two lol. Hey blackbear, did you use scent with the decoy, if so which one?

04-Nov-14
Bucks are cruising for does and you use a buck,Dah. Brent

04-Nov-14

Fulldraw1972's embedded Photo
I grunted in the buck I shot this morning right into my decoy. Buck decoy all the way for me. In a few more days I would put the decoy away.

04-Nov-14

This was my set up. He come in from behind the decoy and was circling to the head when I shot him.

05-Nov-14
Buck decoy. I've never had a deer, back or doe spook when I had the antlers attached. When I had it as a doe, the exact opposite happened. For whatever reason, does just don't like a doe decoy, but I've never had one spook as a buck.

05-Nov-14

GRoe's Link
Most of my success comes via the buck decoy...but it seems at first light cruising bucks will come into a doe decoy.

GR Heads Up Decoy

05-Nov-14
Buck decoy if I had to pick one over the other. But I did get one of doe Flambeau feeding decoys. I want to try it in those picked fields, about now and up until gun season.

Last week I had a fawn and a doe come to my buck decoy, and the following morning, two yearling bucks. In both hunts I had done loud rattling.

• Sitka Gear