Bake 31-Oct-14
R. Hale 31-Oct-14
glacier 31-Oct-14
Charlie Rehor 31-Oct-14
30-Oct-14

Genesis's embedded Photo
Genesis's embedded Photo
Marvin 1.75" Bull head Lopers + interchangeable Silky Hayauchi Blade/Head

with 2 X 8' Sherrill Tree Poles that can be used independently or together.

Awesome cutting setup and the durability and ease of cutting is much easier than all my cheapos over the years.

Cost......$280

30-Oct-14
Genesis,

You could use that operation for gigging frogs and such when you are not using it for tree/limb trimming.

30-Oct-14
For that price it should set your stand in place for you and buckle your safety harness

30-Oct-14
I've got the Silky Hayeuchi blade and handle combo. I agree, one of the best deer hunting purchases I've ever made. Much better than the saws at the hardware store

I actually carried mine with me throughout spring turkey season and touched up a lot of stand sites

Bake

31-Oct-14
Bou,they actually threw in the correct pronunciation of "Hayauchi" for free.

If you set alot of treestands it makes more sense.With a new blade I went through a 5 inch limb faster than my Stihl Pole Chainsaw.

Buffalo1,I must admit that I do have to resist saying "say hello to my little friend" when using it ....alone of course.

31-Oct-14
I have a buddy of mine in Mi that lost his whole thumb from one of those. He got his tree all trimmed up and put the thing on his quad but forgot to secure the rope. It got caught in the front wheel and the rope wrapped around his thumb and yanked it off down to the wrist. so yes, it can take off limbs in a hurry! I have one, he saw it in a picture I sent him and told me the story. He can no longer bow hunt.

31-Oct-14
you guys are killing me....nice gear. Always get the bigger better thing I always say. I have added this stuff to my list....it makes the folding gerber saw that I keep on my climber seem so inadaquate.

My wife is already picking out limbs around my property she wants gone...

31-Oct-14
I do a lot of tree trimming, not for stands, just in my yard so have these questions.

What is the max extended length of each trimmer?

Where do you get them.

31-Oct-14
Richard,you can detach a head and connect the pole to the other and have a 16' pole then another foot from attachment gives you about 17 feet of pole and a total 22' reach working from comfortable position.

Silky sells the Hayauchi pole/saw for $220 but you do not have the versatility of my set up and no loppers are included.

I purchased mine from Sherrill Tree.com.they are an arborist company.The catalog they sent with order has a lot of neat stuff.

Their isn't a package for what I got I just piece milled it.

1) Marvin Bull Head Lopper (1.75" cut)+ 2 X 8' Sherrill Tree fiberglass (hollow) poles $170

1) Silky Hayauchi Blade with head (hook) Kit $110

You may can save $20 bucks shopping it from different suppliers,I just didn't at the time.

31-Oct-14
Steve, Thanks!

31-Oct-14
Do they make a hand saw, something small enough for a back pack?

31-Oct-14
Yes they have all the Silky line of pocket saws and many others.

31-Oct-14
I had the same basic need(s), but I went with the Wicked 12 ft. extendable tree saw. It's a tough, well-built saw, that collapses down, so I can strap it to a backpack - very pleased.

31-Oct-14
Sherrill tree is where I got mine as well.

31-Oct-14
Wicked is good gear as well. I carry a Wicked hand saw in my pack for setting up ambush sites. Don't use it often, but very effective.

31-Oct-14
Silky makes some of the best saws available. They are not cheap, but if you use them with any regularity, they are definitely worth it. I have a small folding saw (Pocketboy 170 with medium teeth) and a hand held fixed blade saw (Zubat with large teeth), and I use them all the time around the yard and in the woods... Most of the pro arborists in my area have silky hand saws, and many have quit using chainsaws for the medium sized branches because the hand saws are lighter, safer and cut through in about the same time with very little effort.

31-Oct-14
Genesis: You rep pin "Silky" this year? Pathetic fan boy!

'Live post from tree

• Sitka Gear