Any Antelope "Adventure Hunts"?
Pronghorn
Contributors to this thread:
Family Man 30-Oct-14
drycreek 30-Oct-14
midwest 30-Oct-14
glacier 30-Oct-14
30-Oct-14
I have been blessed with a family that enjoys the outdoors and now have 4 of the 5 family members hooked on hunting (bow, crossbow and gun). I am working to put together hunts for us to experience as a family over the next few years. Our kids are 14, 12 & 10 and are good with camping, hiking, horse handling, etc. We are visiting Shiloh Ranch and Hunt's Bowhunting Ranch in 2015 and doing a Manitoba Black Bear hunt in 2016. With the whole family going, I have to keep it to animals with reasonable hunt costs and fairly high success rates. My whole family loves to ride horses, with the kids having ridden weekly since they were small children. I was just wondering if anyone out there does some kind of cool "adventure" around antelope? The "sleep in a hotel and sit in a blind" hunt just sounds a little short of a memory-maker. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your thought and consideration.

30-Oct-14
Well, there's always " the crawl on your belly for 300 yd. just to come face to face with a rattler " antelope hunt also. It goes right along with the " busted stalk after busted stalk 'til you have walked 6 miles " antelope hunt. Both are fun. Well, leave the rattler out !

30-Oct-14
Antelope rut hunt with decoys is a blast! Camp on the prairie, mix in some waterhole sits if you want. I have no desire to sit in a 120ยบ blind in mid-August. Late September....the weather is cooler, the bucks are aggressive, it's a great show!

30-Oct-14
I will second the "decoying rutting antelope" hunt. You can do it just about anywhere you can find antelope, with or without a guide. We used to decoy with a 1/4 inch plywood cutout of an antelope that my brother painted, and we had a blast. I am not sure it is a high percentage of killing kind of hunt for a beginner, but it will be a high excitement hunt if you find some antelope to play with. And there are many places where you can hunt antelope on public land and explore a lot of neat and historic landscapes. If you are looking a couple years down the road, you could hunt the Missouri Breaks region, and explore the breaks, watch elk bugle at Slippery Ann and maybe even raft/canoe down the river while you fish and explore some pretty wild country...

• Sitka Gear