PAOH 31-Oct-14
CAS_HNTR 31-Oct-14
drycreek 01-Nov-14
CT bow junkie 01-Nov-14
Buffalo1 01-Nov-14
Stekewood 01-Nov-14
papadeerhtr 02-Nov-14
31-Oct-14
Have been a long time Hoyt guy, and have never had issues with equipment. Currently shoot Carbon Matrix LD. Suffered serious right arm/shoulder injury almost 2 years ago that threatened my bowhunting career. Have been able to shoot, but still struggle with light/med weight (40-50#), and those struggles are causing target panic to rear it's ugly head. I'm thinking about the Elite energy and wondered how it compares to my current bow? Thanks.

31-Oct-14
Talked to a friend last night who has been a Mathews dealer for a few years and done very well with them. They picked up Elite as well earlier in the year. He said his next bow would be the new Elite Synergy. Hands down better smooth draw cycle and aims better than the Mathews.

31-Oct-14
I bought one this year...I really like it so far. The back wall is unlike any other bow I've ever shot. Once at full draw you can move your arms around wherever you want because it takes a lot to get that string to jump forward. It's honestly a bit aggravating at times when you have to let down without shooting because it almost feels like you have to push the string forward to get the bow to start letting down.

Mine is the Elite 35

31-Oct-14
Mine is an energy 35 and compared to the others ive shot or owned it is well elite. The only bow that has ever felt almost as good in my hand was my quest primal it was a completly diffrent feel though as far as the draw.

31-Oct-14
Bought my first Hoyt in '87. Became a dealer in '88, shot God knows how many different Hoyts over the years. Made the switch to Elite on 12/24/11 when my wife gave me a early Christmas. Now I have a Pure, 2 Answers and a E35 (no Hoyts). The first Answer I shot was set on 71# and i guessed it was 62#. May not be the fastest bow out there, but they are smooth, quiet and very shootable. Customer service when you need it is second to none. Glad I made the switch and I've never looked back.

31-Oct-14
Elites are smooth drawing bows with limb stop (HARD WALL) and have little vibration or noise at release. Other manufacturers produce bows with all the same characteristics, but with more speed. Some people cannot get along with the grip of Elite bows, while others love it.

31-Oct-14
I was a Hot shooter before I got my Energy 35 and it is far better than any hoyt I have shot. Love my elite!!!

31-Oct-14
I've owned 4, great bows, great grip, great draw cycle, fast enough, great fit and finish, but would I buy another, nope, not until they have static yokes on them, I would never buy a bow again that I can't yoke tune! With your injury look at the bowtech rpm 360, its as smooth as a elite and fast as hell, so you can shoot low poundage and still get good speed

31-Oct-14
Go shoot a Elite i like my Energy 32

31-Oct-14
I have a 2013 Elite Pure (I shoot bare bow, with fingers)

It's the smoothest bow I've ever owned, no question. Also I'm getting the best groups I've ever had before, and it's only a 36 inch ATA.

I accidentally dropped it 20 feet out of a tree this Season, and it landed on rock hard dry ground. Climbed down, picked it up, climbed back up and shot a pig with it the same evening. No issues at all after dropping it, shoots exactly the same.

Can't be more impressed with this bow!

Best of Luck, Jeff

31-Oct-14
Steff,

I was a long time Mathews bow shooter. I have since sold all of my Mathews and am currently shooting 2 2013 Elite Ansers. Elites are not speed bows- they are hunting bows and offer the qualities that a hunter is looking for- smoothness, quietness, solid back walk, a great valley, etc.

If I were looking for a new bow, I would seriously consider the 2015 Elite Synergy. I have shot it and it is awesome.

Hope to see ya in Phoenix at P&Y in 4/2015. Still got my NY travel info you and your wife shared with me at Dallas.

31-Oct-14
Steff...I've owned quite a few Elite's and am "one of those" that doesn't get along with the grip. I just can't get past the shape. Other than that they make a great bow. You won't find a smoother drawing bow for your shoulder. If you get along with the grip, you'll love their bows.

31-Oct-14
I also switched to Elite from Hoyt. Hoyt makes a great bow I just prefer the draw cycle of my Energy 32.

31-Oct-14
They are great bows. ....only complaints you may hear are from speed freaks or people that don't like the grip.

01-Nov-14
I started with a Pure, then an Answer, and currently shooting an E 35. I love 'em. I replaced the grips with a Torqueless grip on my E 35 and it feels great. BTW, my Answer is in the classifieds if anyone is looking.

01-Nov-14
Great bows and great company. Definitely go shoot one! Bet you put a deposit on one the day you try one

01-Nov-14
+1 Drycreek

A Torqueless Grip will solve the problem if the Elite grip is uncomfortable.

01-Nov-14
I currently shoot an Elite Hunter. It's right up there with any of the "big 3" bows that I've owned.

02-Nov-14
Try the Synergy the moothest draw cycle I have ever shot. The one I shot was set at 64 lb and your hold weight is 6 lb try one and you will buy it just a warning for your check book lol.

• Sitka Gear