Chronic 24-Nov-14
Sage Buffalo 25-Nov-14
JayG@work 25-Nov-14
Sage Buffalo 25-Nov-14
cityhunter 25-Nov-14
Swamp hunter 26-Nov-14
Charlie Rehor 26-Nov-14
23-Nov-14
Hey guys can anyone recommend a good Outfitter or guide service in New York State. The last guy I went with was more concerned about shooting his own buck and not the paying client,thanks guys.

23-Nov-14
unless u are hunting in them few QDM areas why would u want to use a outfitter in NY !!

23-Nov-14
There are outfitters in New York?????

23-Nov-14
Maybe try that french guy that posts on here. I think his name is something like pat léfeminine or something. Been following his live hunt from New York. If not, I'm sure that professional hunter TBM will chime in soon.

24-Nov-14
Yeah if you ever have hunted New York most Of the land is posted.So you need an in to be able to hunt.

24-Nov-14
My thoughts exactly Bou'bound.

But I would give my eye teeth to be able to hunt with that French guy that was mentioned.

24-Nov-14
There are some outfitters in the Aderondacks, unfortunately not many deer.

24-Nov-14
Just find some farm to hunt in western ny! There are places with oodles of bucks upwards of 120 class out here. Oneida county isn't going to be that place.. sorry Pat! :-)

25-Nov-14
There's a great guy I hunted with about 8 years ago who works his tail off for you, is in the foothill of the Adirondacks which means amazing scenery and offers not only deer but bear, geese and fishing.

His name is Anthony Platoni of Bucklore Adventures.

I can't find his website right now but if you are looking for a great experience in an amazing area this hunt is for you.

Just as a disclaimer this is not a place where you will see 100+ deer a day. You will see deer, there are some studs there but this is hunting. The deer you will see will be healthy.

If I lived closer I would go there every year. When I did live there I went 3-4 times a year.

Here's a link to one of several reviews not be me:

http://www.huntinfo.com/outfitter-review-details/1040043988

If he's still around you won't find many who will work harder for you.

25-Nov-14
Good luck finding an outfitter, especially in Northern NY. I live here, and the hunting is such,,, that when I go "real hunting", I got to Ohio. I have hunted over 16 times up here and have seen 5 deer, one of which I shot this past Sunday. The biggest buck I have seen was a 6 point. If you want to hunt NY, stay to the South, or pay a bunch of money to see squirrels and chipmunks,,, and poachers and trespassers,, but I digress. Good luck

25-Nov-14
Jay G you just need to hunt with someone who has good land.

I found his website - his hunts are still very, very reasonable. You can hunt bear and deer with him for $1,250.

http://www.dricedesign.com/bucklore/deer.htm

Anthony has been a trapper in northern NY almost all his life. You know the work ethic of a trapper - pitbull on steroids.

If you want a great hunt in amazing country this is the hunt for you. You will see deer and maybe a bear.

He used to do taxidermy work and have seen racks in his shop from the area he hunts of bucks in the 140-150 class but we all know that right time, right place and usually in November.

I have no affiliation with Anthony but he works so hard to try and make guys happy that great outfitters should be rewarded.

Either way, good luck!

25-Nov-14
Wow sage is this Anthony a cousin :> NY sucs for the most part !! Just drove home from Canada on opening weekend sun evening didn't see one dead deer on roof or pickup bed !! The only place I would look is western NY .

26-Nov-14
Hey guys I think if you have been in the hunting game long enough you will agree nice bucks live everywhere.You have to be willing to put your time in and work at ,I've hunted northern areas where deer numbers may not be as high as southern areas. But the rewards can be great in these wilderness areas with nice bucks low hunting pressure and a quality hunt.As for New York they have some great bucks believe me get out in the woods.

26-Nov-14
Being a deer camp land owner in New York for over 30 years I never thought of New York State as a place for successful outfitters (kind of like PA.) Most good hunting is DIWF (Do it with friends)! Many of the best bow hunters in North America are from New York State and Pennsylvania. Good luck C

• Sitka Gear