Glunt@work 09-Dec-14
HeadHunter® 11-Dec-14
gulfcoast 11-Dec-14
ESP 11-Dec-14
mark land 19-Dec-14
loprofile 19-Dec-14
loprofile 19-Dec-14
25-Nov-14
I usually shoot a 3 blade broadhead of some kind, Thunderhead or lately Montec. Michele Eichler had given me some of Fred's signature series Phantoms. These are 165 grain with the bleeder blade left in them and 125 grain with it taken out and that's what I chose to do. Last night I filled my doe tag using the Phantom. You may have trouble getting me to switch back now! That deer went 15 yards and piled up as quick as if it was shot with anything. They fly like darts too. I've been shooting since 1974 and not easily impressed but I am impressed with these!

25-Nov-14
Again, and if you would have hit a few inches back or high you would be cussin that worthless 2 blade up and down.

Put a razor sharp something in the right place and they die very fast. This was figured out 5000+ years ago.

25-Nov-14
Imagine how much quicker it would have died with a giant Simmons head on a 650gr arrow! Lol

25-Nov-14
Haha! Good one Jack!

Bear Track I forgot to give congrats on that deer. Congrats!!

25-Nov-14
I have no idea how heavy my arrows are. All I need to know is how they fly and how well they penetrate. If someone can figure it out: I shoot Maxim 350's at 29" with a 100 or 125 grain broadhead.

25-Nov-14
I've tried them all with my recurve but settled on Muzzy Phantoms a few years ago and don't see trying anything else.

09-Dec-14
I shoot 100 gran phantoms out of my compound at 260 fps. Took out a pronghorn several years ago at 60 yards. I shoot finger release and so had practiced a lot, but still finger release, decent speed and 60 yards accuracy. Don't see a downside.

09-Dec-14

Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
Been shooting the Phantom since before Muzzy bought them. I shoot them as a 125 gr. 4 blade. Very tough and dependable head. I sharpen mine on a bench grinder and get them crazy sharp. Usually, all I have to do is hit them a few times on the polishing wheel and they are ready to go. They hold an edge well also. I shoot a 60# and 54# Bob Lee recurve and this head shoots just like my field points out of both bows. My arrows are 29.5" Goldtip 5575s for the 54# and 7595s for the 60#. Penetration has never been an issue for me. Here is a pic of the whitetail I killed earlier this year. Shot was 15 yards and quartering away. The hole you see is the entrance hole. There was no exit because it stopped in the offside shoulder. Got liver, lung and nicked the heart. Got a little over 20" of penetration on that shot. Very good blood trail. I've killed a bunch of other deer with Phantoms, got complete passthroughs and all were down inside of 100 yards. In my 39 yrs. of bowhunting I have shot 2 heads: Bear Razorheads and the Phantoms. I'm a firm believer in the Phantom. It's done well for me.

09-Dec-14
Good heads. I also shot them years before Muzzy bought them. Simple and well built. I usually opt for just a plain 2 blade Magnus classic or Zwickey since they work great and are less expensive, but Phantoms are a great choice.

11-Dec-14
Stan & Rose & Rick had a great broad head in The Phantom! Been shooting them since about 1990 .... killed many animals with them. When Michele & Muzzy bought the 'rights' Muzzy did a great service to a very fine broad head! .... MUZZY Broad Heads has always been a fine company run and operated by a great family! ... sorry when they SOLD though! ( I hate change ) , but The Industry has 'changed' a lot in the last 20 years and not necessarily for the better either!

11-Dec-14
Shot phantoms 6-7 years ago... started shooting the phantom MX about 4 years ago. Have not lost any game 25-30 pigs and whitetail) with either version of them. Come to think of it, have not damaged one beyond useable yet.

They are incredibly strong and hold a heckler of an edge.

Using the COC VPAs this year to broaden my horizons and promote a small business. Still, phantoms will remain in the quiver.

11-Dec-14
Does muzzy still sell the standard 125 4 blade?

19-Dec-14
Yes the standard Phantom is still available in 100 and 125gr weights. We have the new Phantom SC out now and it has become my favorite head off my recurve. The Fred Eichler head is 150gr as a 4bl and 125gr as a 2bl FYI Mike Palmer sells the Extreme head which is the Eichler Phantom with a 1 7/16in wide main blade and uses the same bleeder blade, it is 160gr as a 4bl and 135gr as a 2bl.

19-Dec-14

loprofile's embedded Photo
loprofile's embedded Photo
Attached is an hard to believe but 100% honest entrance whole from a Muzzy Phantom 125 and my recurve. Only thing I could figure was that skin was stretched at impact and popped like opening a can of Pilsbury biscuits

19-Dec-14
make that "hole"

• Sitka Gear