CSAL 25-Nov-14
Charlie Rehor 25-Nov-14
Dwayne 25-Nov-14
CSAL 25-Nov-14
t-roy 25-Nov-14
25-Nov-14

CSAL's embedded Photo
CSAL's embedded Photo
Thanks for the advice. Had a great time in Kansas. Met some awesome people. One of my favorite parts was hanging out with other hunters from other states at the hotel. A lot of fun. I shot a mainframe 10 with a sticker to make eleven and I was able to self film it. Unfortunately the buck was a little smaller then what I had hoped for. I scouted the day before and walked up on three bucks. Two were small a one was a very nice 140-150 10 point. I backed out without spooking them and was able to find a climber tree about 150 yards away. I cut a couple of shooting lanes and got out of the area. I was back early the next a.m. for my first sit in a tree in Kansas. I must have picked the worst possible way to access the stand effort wise. As I was up one hill down another into a drainage and back out the other side. I stopped three or four times trying not to sweat to much. On one of my stops I took my binos off and forgot them. I got to my tree eventually and once I got set up with the camera and everything I realized I had forgot my binos along the way in. At that moment I knew I was going to wind up shooting something. Between a speeding ticket in Missouri the awful walk in and leaving my binos along the way it was time for something to work out. After about an hour and a half in the stand I looked up to see a deer heading down the ridge in my direction. I flipped the camera on got him in the view finder. He was about 60 yards away when I first saw him and he was coming quick. I wasn't sure if he was the buck I saw the day before or not. When he got to about 25 yards he slowed down and I could see in the view finder of the camera he was a 10 with no broken tines and he had a kicker. I was still unsure if I was going to shoot and decided that if I was able to get the shot on video I would shoot him. He gave me an easy 20 yard broadside shot right in front of the camera so I took it. I got a complete pass through and watched him go down about 60 yards away. So I only got to spend about 2 hours in a treestand in kansas but the trip was a great experience with all three of us tagging out and two of the bucks we were able to kill on video. I know next year what to expect as far as the size of deer and will definitely be holding out for something bigger as it would be nice to spend a little more time in the stand after thinking about hunting Kansas for over a year pretty much all day every day.

25-Nov-14
Congrats! Was this on public land?

Any more pics? Would love to see video.

25-Nov-14
Thanks! It was on a small piece of private we got permission for. I have the video on my phone. I recorded it playing on the tv so the quality suffers a little but I would be more then happy to post it if someone would tell me how.lol

25-Nov-14
It didn't happen without video! LOL, I love Kansas. Mike

25-Nov-14
CSAL,

I feel your pain.....now we wait until NEXT year!! LOL!!

25-Nov-14
double post...again?!!

25-Nov-14
Yeah its going to be a long wait until next year. Hopefully shed hunting,trout fishing and fast pitch softball can keep my mind off of it for a while but I doubt it

25-Nov-14
Good for you. Congrats!

25-Nov-14
Nice buck and a good story - congrats! So, were you able to go back and find your binoculars?

25-Nov-14
Yeah I was able to find them pretty easily. I knew I took them off someplace on the trail I had tacked in. They are vortex 12.5 x40 or 42. While they aren't the most expensive binos out there they are the nicest I have ever owned so I was a little worried.

25-Nov-14
Congrats on your buck.....and finding your binos!!

• Sitka Gear