BLG 25-Nov-14
elmer@laptop 25-Nov-14
T Mac 26-Nov-14
Brotsky 26-Nov-14
Ironbow 28-Nov-14
25-Nov-14

Tman's embedded Photo
Tman's embedded Photo
In our back yard we have a treestand set up with a deer target at about 20 yards to practice out of over the summer. This past weekend we looked out the back window and something looked funny with the target. Closer inspection revealed a buck had ventured into our yard and took a serious disliking to our target! Should've been sitting in the back yard rather than out in the bush!

25-Nov-14

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
This happens to me every year. This year I had a new fence installed for my lab puppy and kept target inside fence. Eventually the Bucks got too crazed and jumped the fence. Of course I took a pick and sent to all my hunting buddy's with headline 'my target buck is down"

25-Nov-14

Here is a pick of an 8 point buck staring down my target the afternoon before it got hit overnight. I was in a stand 150 yards into the woods and my son took this pic from my deck. I was watching it with my binos. That was one wild rut day 11/2. Saw about 7 bucks that afternoon. Also saw that same buck completely breed a doe at noon on edge of woods. Crazy day.

25-Nov-14
A neighbor has one of those little deer statues in his landscaping. He learned the hard way a couple years ago to bring it in the garage from mid-October until Christmas. The bucks kept knocking it over and had eventually turned it from a buck into a doe!

25-Nov-14
Take the antlers off !

25-Nov-14
Happens to my 3-D buck targets in the woods behind my house every year! I keep meaning to put a camera on one. I think it is fun to see my poor target toppled.

25-Nov-14

BLG's embedded Photo
BLG's embedded Photo
This young bull has never seen a deer, but figured what the heck, give em a go...

25-Nov-14
Moose would take out my 3 d targets and bag targets every fall here in Anchorage for the 13 years we lived on a 65 acre homestead and I could have targets safely out.

26-Nov-14

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
I wondered what the bucks reaction was when he hit my glendel and it exploded! This happened overnight 11/21/14.

26-Nov-14
T Mac, I guess that really was the "full rut" version! Ha!

28-Nov-14
I put my Carrylite decoy out one night to air out and the next morning it was a twisted up mess. My 3D target has also been hit.

I had two bucks approach my Primos Harry decoy this year from opposite directions with hair on end, heads down, eyes rolled back, and I thought Harry was going to get a good thrashing. When they finally got up close they both acted like they just met their best friend and licked and cuddled him.

• Sitka Gear