Mark Watkins 26-Nov-14
B4LITE 26-Nov-14
Two Feathers 26-Nov-14
nutritionist 26-Nov-14
habu john 26-Nov-14
25-Nov-14
Pat nice work

25-Nov-14
Well done. This can be a preview of what to expect soon in the midwest. I am hoping for some big snows to knock the prairie down and focus the deer more to the food plots.

26-Nov-14
Excellent idea for the thread. Very interesting. Have you ever tried shredding part of or all of the standing corn? I have not and wondered about doing so.

In NE, I have leave 12 rows standing for 1/2 mile. This corn is irrigated under a pivot, so there is always a good stand. The deer walk down the rows and clean up the ears on the standing corn within a week after the first snow/cold snap. It would be unusual for us to have as much snow on the ground as your pictures indicate, but every few years we might.

My thought to shred the corn would be to make it easier for turkeys to get corn kernels, break-up the ears of corn in several pieces to make the plot last longer and make deer/turkey spend a little more time on the field searching for food. I don't personally hunt the corn, but I do take youths during muzzle loader season.

26-Nov-14
Great idea/info for a thread....keep us posted as to useage as weather gets colder.

Mark

26-Nov-14
Nice and refreshing pics.

26-Nov-14
Very interesting, thanks!

26-Nov-14
My reports from Wisconsin have...4-5" of snow on the ground during week 1 of gun, deer season.

1)150 class buck shot in the test plots 2) deer prefer triticale over 4 forage oat types, rye and wheat. That was expected. 3)The new variety of forage turnip has zero disease issues, and is green as green can be and we have been down to zero. 4)My favorite brassica is now totally consumed. 5)Clovers are still getting some attention. 6) The cannamaize is standing strong and the deer are not knowing down and creating a mess with the rows/stalks. I love the head height ear placement. 7)Many calls this week on cover mixes for deer season and i was able to create a smaller funnel inside a larger natural funnel.

26-Nov-14

• Sitka Gear