Grunt-N-Gobble 30-Nov-14
Bowhunter#22 30-Nov-14
Bowhunter#22 30-Nov-14
Bowhunter#22 30-Nov-14
Bowhunter#22 30-Nov-14
cityhunter 30-Nov-14
mark land 19-Dec-14
29-Nov-14
I've alwqys made it point over the last 10 years to stop in and see Scott and the crew at this shop, but this year, I really needed to.

On day 3 of my 10 day hunt, we had a bit of rain which turned to ice. I tapped my bow to get the rain off and attempted to draw it back to check everything. It turns out there was ice on the idler wheel and when I drew back, the string derailed and my arrow fell to the ground. Ugly feeling, during the rut.

Only choice was to climb down and go get the bow pressed and get the string back on. Unfortunately, for me, my back up was on Long Island and UPS wanted $380.00 to get it to me over night.

I've always carried my back up, and now I needed it. I headed to Pike County Archery and upon further inspection, the limbs where done, splinters and cracks everywhere, now I'm disgusted. Wes, who was helping me called Mathews, got a rep on the phone and assured me a set of new limbs would be shipped that day and would be in thier shop the next day. He would then strip my bow, install the new limbs and I would be on my way. But I couldn't hunt!

I gave him one look, he knew what I was thinking and I purchased a Mission, just in case the UPS package didn't show up on time. This was the closet set up the shop had to my bow, so after the set up, a little tweaking and Inwas back in a tree in about two hours.

In the end, the limbs showed, Wes had the bow all set, after a few shots, I was back in business with my bow.

They knew I was after a bruiser and I still haven't killed him, but these guys kept me in the game and I can't thank them enough.

A very big thank you to Scott, Wes, and the guys out there.

And yes, if I kill him, I will stop by!

29-Nov-14
Glad to see you were able to put your hunt back on track. Imagine what would have happened if you were on a wilderness hunt.

29-Nov-14
John so true buddy.

Just one more thing to pay attention to.

29-Nov-14
I am glad that you have had better luck in there than me. We usually stop in every year and pick up some additional broadheads, arrows, hat, etc. This year I forgot my grunt tube in pennsylvania and also wanted to pick up a spare release on friday mid day before we started hunting for the week.

Walked into the shop, and browsed a while. I was waiting to pay with my items and I asked one of the workers who was just standing there how the hunting has been and a casual "what do you know?", just trying to make small talk. In an arrogant tone his response was "that the deer are brown and they are in the woods". It wasn't necessarily what he said but how he said it that rubbed me wrong. I am sure that they get asked those same questions week after week, but really? A simple response like "I heard of a few that have been killed" or "things have been slow" would have been all that was required.

I set my purchases down and went to wally world.

29-Nov-14
Great story, goodluck with bullwinkle. Mike

29-Nov-14
what town are they in last time I hunted pike a archery shop was just opening in Pittsfield

29-Nov-14
That's them Lou, they are in Pittsfield.

30-Nov-14
I think is been 12 years since I was in that shop.

If it's the one I'm thinking of.......... Not right in town, just on the edge.

30-Nov-14
Beside long beard taxidermy edge of town

30-Nov-14

30-Nov-14

30-Nov-14

30-Nov-14
ok yea I stopped hunting pike just about then . Pike was awesome back then !!!

19-Dec-14
Yep Scott is a great guy and runs a great shop, always try to stop by wwhenever I am up that way and visit!

• Sitka Gear