LUNG$HOT 07-Dec-14
Tajue17 17-Dec-14
Tajue17 17-Dec-14
4t5 17-Dec-14
Emmaasher119 18-Dec-14
patience2spare 18-Dec-14
LUNG$HOT 18-Dec-14
05-Dec-14
the new models,,,, I'm thinking about something new for 2015,, currently have a ross cardiac and a Mathews rival Pro both bows I love but they are getting old.

I'm looking for a bow brand that isn't a private label like Mathews/bowtech/ross I want a compound that is neutral as far as brand loyalty goes.

held brandnew Bear Ascend I think it was and I really liked it but I need something that once its set up Its reliable. my preference is quietness over speed (I shoot heavy arrows) , high brace height for stability and I prefer a long A to A if I can get it.

thanks for any opinions..

05-Dec-14
I think they have made great strides over the last 4-5 years. ....their bows are nice, customer service us good, I wouldn't hesitate buying one.

05-Dec-14
I shot an Anarchy when it first came out. It shot well, but it somehow felt clunky. Might just be me.

05-Dec-14
You can certainly do better but you'll pay more

05-Dec-14
I shot the new arena 30 and it felt great! I currently have a Bear mauler that is a great bow but I am looking to upgrade!

05-Dec-14
I have the Bear Anarchy HC from last year. It was my first compound purchase in 10 years. It is very nice. I went to the store to get a carbon spyder 34 and walked out with the anarchy hc. It just fit me better. There are some bows that might be slightly better but not by much. My 2 cents.

05-Dec-14
How about PSE? There a GREAT Bow!

06-Dec-14
Great bows, I had a motive 7, it was fast, quiet, dead in hand, only thing I didn't like is it seemed hard to hold on the target, not sure why, so I sold it and bought a bowtech experience, no regrets

06-Dec-14
In 2007 I had a Scheels flatliner. Which was a Bear bow made for them. It was a single cam bow. It was a good bow but nothing I would get excited about.

06-Dec-14
Buy a Hoyt.

;o)

06-Dec-14
I have an older bear and I like it. My brother in law got one of there top end bows about 4 yrs ago. After his 1st or 2nd season it blew up. He had to get a new string and the proshop was able to put it back together. He re read his book and found that they recomend a new string every year. He has not had to restring since, but something to look for when you are shopping.

06-Dec-14
hey thanks for the posts everyone, someone mentioned Hoyt but I don't like the riser design with that back piece of riser coming out then curving down in front of my wrist,, was wondering about cutting it off with a dremel actually. .

06-Dec-14
I'm shooting a couple year old bear attack. Nice bow. Some of the newer ones look even nicer.

I had a limb crack on me the week before openin day last year. I called bear and they had me take to nearest dealer and overnighted new limbs. Can't beat that for service. 2 days bow was back in my hands.

06-Dec-14
I shoot an Anarchy and had a Truth 2 before that. They have been great bows - very easy to tune, very reliable, have won many tournaments, and killed a bunch of critters. Customer service has been top notch. I am a semi-professional archery instructor and am exposed to all brands of bows thru my clients. I have never felt like my Bear bows were inferior to anything else out there. Would definitely recommend them.

06-Dec-14
Still shooting my 2007 Bear Instinct. No idea what new bows are like, no need to get one but can only imagine they are sweet. Everyone is gonna say something like this. Go to a good pro shop and shoot as many bows as you can and find the one that fits you best, feels best in your hand, you shoot best. Any pro shop worth their salt should let you shoot all day. One thing they won't say but might be a consideration...the one that LOOKS the coolest.

06-Dec-14
I'm shooting one now and have been since starting to hunt. I have the Mauler now I think, I don't pay a lot of attention to names. I like them, never had any problems other than the one time a screw came out. It didn't affect anything and they sent a couple replacements right away. I'd recommend them

07-Dec-14
I purchased a 2014 Bear Method last Jan.;really solid bow,quiet and fast for 50#.My son also purchased a Bear bow this summer.Great customer service from Bear and our dealer.

07-Dec-14
Bought an Agenda 6 last year. Hands down, the easiest shooting speed bow I have ever shot. Super easy to tune, very quiet, and fairly light.

07-Dec-14
"Was wondering about cutting it off with a dremel actually"

DON'T.....thats not there for looks, its structural and will end badly for the bow and your health!

07-Dec-14
^^^ what he said!!!

17-Dec-14
okay sounds good I was wondering about a little custom alteration but I'll forget that idea.

thank you again for all the posts.

17-Dec-14
okay sounds good I was wondering about a little custom alteration but I'll forget that idea.

thank you again for all the posts.

17-Dec-14
They shoot arrows just as good as the high priced bows, but you can take the wife out to dinner with the money saved.

18-Dec-14
I own a Mathews monster 6 and a bear motive 6. Since I've gotten this bear my monster just sits. They both have same speed and I shoot well with both of them, but the bear is more comfortable to me. I'm actually contemplating just selling the monster since I use the bear so much. One thing I found lacking with the bear is the string quality. Didn't really care for it.

18-Dec-14
I recently picked up a used 2014 Bear Venue (their new solo cam) for a good deal. Like everything about it except for the cheap rubberized grip. I took that off and just shoot it bare with the side plates. The back wall is not as hard as my '05 Bowtech Liberty and there is a little more of a hump right before you get there. That said, it is very quiet with the dual string suppressors and it is very still on the release. It was super easy to tune and groups nicely with my limbdriver.

I haven't shot the Agenda or the new Arena, but I tend to prefer a solo cam anyway. Hope that helps. Pete

18-Dec-14
Patience2spare- check out rattlergrips.com. They make custom grips for just about any bow out there and not a bad price either.

• Sitka Gear