fanofdo 15-Dec-14
spike buck 15-Dec-14
Buck Stalker 15-Dec-14
wildan 15-Dec-14
PSUhoss 15-Dec-14
XMan 15-Dec-14
falcon 18-Dec-14
14-Dec-14
I need some opinions on what trail cam to buy, I have 3 picked out...

They are the 2014 bushnell trophy cam HD, browning spec ops xr and the browning strikefire.

I like the bushnell for its detection range and trigger speed/recovery, but it doesn't seem to do well for night shots.

The browning cameras seem to be pretty similar.

Which of the 3 would be the best option

14-Dec-14
The main purpose is deer scouting, if anyone has one of these cameras could you email me some pictures straight off the camera, my email is [email protected]

15-Dec-14
Buck Stalker, I can't email pictures . I delete as soon as I look at them. at work also. I got 2 of the browning strikeforce last month,2 browning range oops the month before, both do good at night. had a bushnell before and like you say night pictures were not very clear.all 3 models take good day time pictures. their are reviews on line of both cameras. Forrest

15-Dec-14
I will pass on the advice I got from an earlier post here: http://www.trailcampro.com/

Has quite a bit of information on the various features so you can select unit right for you.

15-Dec-14
Buck Stalker, welcome to bowsite!!

15-Dec-14
Thanks guys, I think I'm leaning towards the spec ops for its invisible flash and viewing screen

15-Dec-14
Just purchased a Browning Spec OP XR,first trial the pictures looked pretty good,day pics great ,night about on par with my Bushnel's. Great reviews on the Brownings,the Bushel's I have are very good on batteries,easy to set up and take nice videos.I don't have the HD's so the infared is visible at nite,the deer notice but don't seem alarmed. I think the "no glow"is the way to go.

15-Dec-14
I have had one of the Spec Ops for a few months. Really like the camera and the photos it takes.

Very intuitive set up that is easy to manipulate the settings.

15-Dec-14
I have the Bushnell X8's, its the lower cost version of the Bushnell HD's. half the price and just as good IMO for taking pics. I had the Bushnell HD from three seasons ago and like others here I am not all that impressed with the night pics.

A few of the guys I know are going to the Brownings and really like them.

Good luck in your decision.

18-Dec-14
Tried 2 of the Browning Strike Force cams. Decent pictures and good battery life. Only issue I had with the Brownings is that I could not view the pics on my Kodak digital camera. They had to be viewed on a computer. Not to convenient when hunting a property 10 hours away.

• Sitka Gear