Kurt 18-Dec-14
tm 18-Dec-14
LINK 18-Dec-14
Russell 18-Dec-14
Kurt 18-Dec-14
Nick Muche 18-Dec-14
Russell 18-Dec-14
18-Dec-14
Been looking at the Bushnell 10x42 Rangefinder bino's wondering if anyone has them if so what do you think of them ? Pros and cons . Price is not bad compared to Swarovski or the Leica.

18-Dec-14
From a detailed look one day at an optics counter (cabelas): The optical quality of the Bushnell bino is not great or even that good compared to the big three. The laser rangefinder seems fine.

For bowhunting I prefer a separate rangefinder and really good binos. I look through the binos 1000 times more than I measure yardage. I also like to one hand range with the bow with arrow loaded in the other hand when stalking which for me is easier with the smaller separate rangefinder. Obviously I am describing western and northern spot and stalk hunting not tree standing, although I do that too. Others will have other opinions.

18-Dec-14
I've had Bushnell rangefinders in the past and went to Leica, much better IMHO. I now use the Leica Geovid and wouldn't go back. Like most optics, buy the best you can afford is great advice.

18-Dec-14
For bow hunting I too like the binos and rangefinder to be separate. If your primary use is going to be rifle hunting the range finder binos are the ticket. I guide deer hunters so I get to see alot of different equipment in the field. I haven't seen the Bushnells but the Leicas are amazing. I prefer Swarovski optics but for the range finding binos Leica is at the top. I once ranged a duck flying solo at 140 yards with a set of Leicas that belonged to a guy I was guiding. I will own a pair one of these days.

18-Dec-14
Top quality rangefinders are much more accurate than cheap or even midpriced ones.

Case in point: Using my Hunters Choice rangefinder, I have ranged (from my treestand) a point that may have a small branch or two along the way. I get 22 yards. Then range the same point using my Swarovski EL Range binos, I get 34 yards.

The cheap ones pickup twigs in the path and the quality ones range solid objects.

Selling my cheap one and bought a Leica CRF 1000-R rangefinder.

18-Dec-14
Russell,

Will the Swaro Range bino measure less than 34 (or 33 yd)? I know that is the shortest distance they will angle correct at. This is one of the reasons I do not own a pair (combined with the bumps on the bottom, added weight and more difficult one hand use).

18-Dec-14
That's a fact on the Swaros.

18-Dec-14
33 yds is the min distance. Contacted the company asking to modify. No-go but they said many customers want shorter min distance.

• Sitka Gear