Genesis 23-Dec-14
Hawkeye 23-Dec-14
Genesis 23-Dec-14
Genesis 26-Dec-14
Charlie Rehor 26-Dec-14
Genesis 26-Dec-14
Wood 26-Dec-14
18-Dec-14
Got my son a Prodigy for Christmas and was wondering if moving the draw stop back ONLY ONE setting (next lowest number) than recommended for draw length will be ok and give him a little extra (1/4") increase in draw length and wider valley?

18-Dec-14
Got the answer...disregard

18-Dec-14
hows the bow shoot

18-Dec-14
Really good,I'm no bow guru but I tuned it to my liking easily and FP/BH impact pretty quick.

Son benches 440 and like me thought the let down was a little jerky on the "performance" setting.On the smooth setting it was much better.Really dead in hand and hold very well with high letoff.

He was shooting an Allegiance so he is tickled over the advancements.

Quiet with a 480 gr arrow.......

I still have a few years left on my Drenalin but the Bowtech really impressed

18-Dec-14
I think Foss is shooting the bowtech . a really good shooter is there experience shots sweet

19-Dec-14
If the prodigy is anything like the previous years bows you may loose quite a bit of speed by moving the drawstop back while leaving the mods in the shorter position. That said, if your son can bench 440 he should be shooting 80 pounds so plenty of speed no matter what you do.

19-Dec-14
Didn't realize that Carcus so I'll just move to the 30" slot and keep his stop in the appropriate hole.

Yeah he can pull back anything,I got him 70# so he can let down very very slow if the need every arose...

19-Dec-14
Genesis, just curious, what was the answer you got?

19-Dec-14
Yes was what the shop told me,but I just change the mod instead.Got a little more wall than what he is used too but he is getting used to it and imo I better way to be consistent.

It's been a long time since I tinkered with a dual cam bow so wasn't really sure about it has I'm a KISS kinda person

19-Dec-14
Yeah, that would have been my answer too. I didn't like that performance setting much, but I LOVED the smooth setting with all that valley, and liked the classic setting.

21-Dec-14
I put a few shots through a new Prodigy and it is a nice bow. So many options! You can move the mod 1 setting shorter if you want more valley. (If you move the stop back it will draw 1/2" longer.) You also have the smooth, classic and performance settings. Another option that I used on my Experience. (Similar to the Prodigy) I moved the mods up 1/2" for more valley but made some fatter stops for a kind of in between valley and let off. Perfect for me.

21-Dec-14

Wood's embedded Photo
Wood's embedded Photo

21-Dec-14
Bomar makes a great stop

23-Dec-14
Continuation.....moved mod to 30" on "smooth" setting and bow had ZERO valley.....very strange

Really hard to ease bow down,I've never had a bow on 70lbs we couldn't manhandle.....

Moved stop to last setting (30.5) and bow was much easier to handle.......

For us it seemed that every draw length from 29 to 30.5 was better when moving to the next draw stop to slightly overdraw mod......the recommended stop had no valley it seemed......

Anyway if anyone else has something to add please chime in....thx!

23-Dec-14
Steve-are the cams still in synch? Smoothbsetting shkukd be #3 but I felt the #1 or performance was better and not sure why.

23-Dec-14
Hawkeye,I haven't rechecked it.......the string still splits the timing marks before drawing but I don't know after changing DL and shooting 30 arrows and moving stop

Ill check tomorrow.......the #1 performanve setting was very jerky letting down the #3 setting not so much....I haven't tried the #2 Classic setting.

Having shot solocams the last 10 years I guess I'm not use to have the string jerked when easing down.

26-Dec-14
I don't have a draw board but timing eyeballed the same but that maybe mootpoint.

Carcus,why would moving stop back one hole longer slow the bow down?I guess I don't understand how that happens?

26-Dec-14
I once bench pressed 220 in college! How about that:)

26-Dec-14
The girls don't grow as big up north I guess......

26-Dec-14
Moving the stops 1 spot longer than the mods won't slow the bow down but it will draw 1/2" longer with minimal or no increase in speed.

• Sitka Gear