TD 22-Dec-14
kentuckbowhnter 22-Dec-14
OleThumper 22-Dec-14
bow shot 22-Dec-14
TD 22-Dec-14
razorsharp 22-Dec-14
Busta'Ribs 23-Dec-14
19-Dec-14
Pat gets so many free bows, he just throws them out of the tree when he's done with them.

19-Dec-14
hose harmonic dampners must have done the trick

19-Dec-14
He thinks that he will make me run out and buy one to use as a tennis racket, but I ain't gonna !

19-Dec-14
Your ahead of me. I haven't dropped one yet.

19-Dec-14
I bet it can only improve your shooting :>

19-Dec-14
At least it wasn't a choice between your life and watching your beloved bow fall 1000 feet to it's death. I seem to recall that story from somewhere...

19-Dec-14
Better dropping the bow out of the stand instead of dropping himself out of it!!!!

19-Dec-14
Few years back I went up a tree in a Summit Open Shot stand and after getting it set up pulled my LX up to me. After getting things hung and settled in I hooked up and drew my bow a couple times, like I always do. Still today I am not sure what happened, but suddenly the bow flew out of my hand..... I don't mean it just kind-a slid..... or even jumped out of my hand....it FLEW out of my hand! I sat there and watched that bow smack the ground, luckily it hit perfectly flat on its side distributing all or the stress equality. The several inches of fresh fallen leaves and natural timber floor was like falling on a pillow. I climbed down, checked out the bow, drew it a few times and tied it back to the pull cord and up the tree I went. Never did find that dad gum arrow???

19-Dec-14
i guess this is were Mathews came up with catch us if u can !!!!!

19-Dec-14
Did it leave a waffle print in the ground?

If not, the sight likely saved it.... =D

19-Dec-14
Good reminder Pat - I have a few ropes in need of replacement. I can tell u what works PERFECT. I found some old brown speaker wire in garage a few years back and started converting over to that. No stretch no wear and weatherproof so far. Doesn't knot or link. Good grip too.

19-Dec-14
I started bowhunting in 1981. Portable treestands were a bit of a new concept back then, and my modus operandi was generally ground hunting, but finding a good tree and sitting in a crotch was always a bonus. I'd stick my arm through the string/limb, and up I went. If there was any sort of bush, brush pile, or a good pile of leaves below me, the bow was usually dropped purposely instead of climbing down with it. Those old Bear and Martin bows took a beating, but kept on shooting straight. Of course, I had nothing but a cheap sight and a flipper rest on it, and a 4" group at 20 yards with fishtailing arrows was good shooting. I remember popping the string off a wheel once, but I always had that piece of cord with a loop on each end to connect to the double tear drops and put it back on.

Times, and equipment, sure have changed...

19-Dec-14
The hunting don't get good till I drop my bow...never had a problem except when my recurve hit on the tip and unstrung on one side and twisted the limb. Compounds are mire durable than you would think.

20-Dec-14
I think we'll call it the "throw-cam" from now on in Pat's honor.

20-Dec-14
City... post of the week.... that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are....

20-Dec-14
I shot the bow the other day and I predict 2015 will be Mathews biggest year ever! Compound bows have been changed once again! I can only imagine the concern amongst the engineers at other bow companies.

Pretty cool tag line: "catch us if you can"!

In marketing you are either "an innovator" or a "fast follower"! It will be fun to watch how the competition reacts.

20-Dec-14
It's been innovated to the point of indestructibility. Now I have to get one because I can't trust my bow to survive a great fall. Humpty Dumpty should've had no cams.

20-Dec-14
" It will be fun to watch how the competition reacts. CR"

I will bet none of the top 5 follow Matthews and go back to using wheels instead of cams. Cams have been proven to be faster than wheels and thats where the market is going, at a high rate of speed! Mike

20-Dec-14
When I saw the title, I figured Pat had taken a chronograph up the tree with him ;-)

20-Dec-14
call it the O-NO CAM

20-Dec-14
Why are you hunting so high? 25' is way up there. Too high for most setups.

22-Dec-14
No worries..... the bow will break your fall..... =D

BTW, what shape is the rope in? heheheheh.....

22-Dec-14
the no cam will be made faster and more forgiving in the coming years by adjusting the circumference of the smaller wheels. the other companies better come up with something or they are going to be regretting it.

22-Dec-14
Pat maybe you need a lifeline for your Bow also! ;>))

Ole Thumper

22-Dec-14
Dropped my 'ol faithful Switchback from 20-something feet first day of early bow. Same result, just had to tweak the site a bit. Modern bows are great...

Well, even the "no-cams" are cams. If there is an eccentric or non-circular member…its a cam. Seems to me they just moved it back to where it was in the 80's.

22-Dec-14
Their next innovation will be to do away with wheels and cables completely.... not sure what marketing will call it...."Not Trad" or something like that maybe....

Basically they took a round wheel bow and updated it by making it parallel limb design to make it shoot more dead in the hand, modern materials, etc to shoot a bit faster than the old ones. Don't know offhand but guessing they gave it a good solid back wall the old round wheel bows lacked. Does look like they put a decent grip on it though....

Companies already have faster and forgiving.... called a duel cam bow.... they can make the cams to any configuration that the public will actually buy. If that is something they were seeing a great demand for that is what companies will make.

In all honesty nearly all the soft cam forgiving designed bows have nearly faded away completely. Simple lack of demand, not enough people wanted them, too small of a market. But if anyone can sell them, Mathews can.

22-Dec-14
The ol' drop tuning method! LOL. Glad your bow is ok!

23-Dec-14
I drop so much stuff out of tree stands that now I just throw a couple less important items to the ground to start every hunt, just the get it out of the way.

Never dropped a bow though...

• Sitka Gear