Shrewski 23-Mar-15
LONEBULL 23-Mar-15
LONEBULL 23-Mar-15
LONEBULL 25-Mar-15
arctichill 25-Mar-15
02-Jan-15

Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Well guys, it's that time of year again. Bowhunters of Wyoming is raffling off another Commissioners tag, good for elk, deer or antelope in a unit of your choice. We've appreciated the great response from Bowsite members in the past and hope we can count on you again. You can fill out the form and mail it in with $50 or visit our website www.bowhuntersofwyoming.vcn.com and purchase tickets using PayPal. The drawing will be held the evening of March 21st. Thank you again everyone for your support. 100% of funds raised go to projects that benefit wildlife, habitat or education. Thanks Pat and Charlie for your support as well. Ron Niziolek - Extreme Elk Magazine

02-Jan-15
I don't see a place on website to purchase. I'm sure I'm just blind.

02-Jan-15
Good luck! C

02-Jan-15
Maybe this year is my year. One can only dream. I will be putting in for sure.

04-Jan-15
I bought the winning ticket yesterday thanks to Jason Stafford for putting it on social media!!

Good Luck to all!!

Rob

04-Jan-15
Not sure I understand the first sentence of the fine print. Do you apply after you win & then designate a particular hunt area? There is no way to designate when buying the raffle tag.

04-Jan-15
Still don't see a place to purchase a ticket online. Maybe someone can point it out for me.

04-Jan-15
I don't see where is says anything about choice of bow/rifle/muzzleloader. Being a bowhunter can I use a bow; others may be wondering if they are limited to a bow?

04-Jan-15
It's easy to find on their sitr. I just made my putchase. With only 300 available I bet they don't last long!

04-Jan-15
Dwayne,

Whoever wins the raffle will be able to choose the hunt area and weapon type of license they want.

Jason

04-Jan-15
Is there a link someone can post to purchase entries online? I'm not seeing it on the site.

04-Jan-15
Found it under events. Bought 2, cheaper than applying in AZ and probably better odds.

04-Jan-15
I'm in.... Thanks Ron. Ed F

04-Jan-15
does it have to be used in 2015 or could a guy push it back a year if won?

so if I win, and I choose elk, knowing nothing about wy which unit should I go to and no I don't want to hire a guide---

michael

04-Jan-15
Thanks link... I'm in

04-Jan-15
Thanks I am in for 2.

04-Jan-15
If a Bowsiter wins, Jason and I can work with the winner to find the right hunt/unit for them.

04-Jan-15
Thanks, tickets bought.

04-Jan-15
Very cool Ron! look forward to speaking with you and Jason soon then after I get the call!

05-Jan-15
I won the raffle last year and it was an amazing opportunity in an awesome state. I did not kill an elk but that was my choice as I was holding out for a 360 or better bull. It was the best elk hunt of my life with 6x6 bulls every day for two weeks and multiple times at 20 yards or less. I would be happy to help the winner in any way I can. Thanks to BOW for making this opportunity available.

Larry

05-Jan-15
I'm in baby!!!!! Winner - winner chicken dinner :)

05-Jan-15
Just donated $52.00 to the cause.....

05-Jan-15
Ron,

I am all booked up for the year but would still like to buy a couple chances. Can you transfer to another hunter if you win?

06-Jan-15
How does a guy buy tickets if he doesn't have a PayPal account?

Thanks Kyle

06-Jan-15
I didn't see anywhere on website to buy tickets.I would like at least one.Can someone tell me what link it is on website for purchase??Or I'll just print and mail

06-Jan-15
Steve - yes the tag is transferrable. Check out Bowhuntersofwyoming.vcn.com and look under Events for tickets. If you don't have a Pay Pal account, then you can mail a check to the address listed on the flyer. You will receive your tickets in the mail within a week or so.

Thanks for the support guys. 100% goes back to projects on the ground.

06-Jan-15
Well, if depends on how many tickets you buy... sounds like they only sell 300.

06-Jan-15

Jason Stafford's Link

06-Jan-15
Found it on the website. Got mine.

06-Jan-15
Sweet. I will give mine to a buddy if I win. On another note, I hope to upgrade to Life Member of BOW this year to further help support one of my favorite out of state places to hunt.

06-Jan-15
My first one is in, thanks guys.

07-Jan-15
Ron and Jason thanks for getting this on Bowsite!!! This site has been very good to BOW over the years!! As you can tell from previous posts we had a Bowsite member win last year. That was awesome!!! Hope it happens again this year. Shrewski, I would love to see you become a life member!!!! Hope to meet you some day at a banquet or better yet up on the mountain!!

08-Jan-15
OK,

Got my first one to be in the game and not be selfish :/)

I also realized my vacation refreshes mid October so I could go on one of the late season deer hunts if I actually get drawn. My grind may be out of luck...

08-Jan-15
I put in my 50. It goes to a good cause if nothing else.

08-Jan-15
Man the offer from Ron/Jason to help the winner is worth the $50 alone!!! Those two are elk killing machines.

09-Jan-15
This is for a good cause and Jason and Ron will definitely help you out!

09-Jan-15
I'm in ...

15-Jan-15
Ron, I sent you a private message. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks

21-Jan-15
ttt

22-Jan-15
I'm in. Hopefully I can get a chance to elk hunt for the first time! Thanks for the opportunity

22-Jan-15
got my ticket the other day in the mail.... fingers crossed!

25-Jan-15
Well I was feeling lucky so I sent my check, I figure one of these years a bowsiter will win.

25-Jan-15
A Bowsite guy won last year!!!

27-Jan-15
I'm in. Good luck everyone.

28-Jan-15
Glad to hear that a bowsiter own, did not know that. How did his hunt go?

28-Jan-15
Look more in the beginning of this thread. LCH was the winner. I'm sure he can tell you more. Thanks.

04-Feb-15
ttt. Thanks again guys. Bowsiters are the best!

04-Feb-15
Just received my entry even though the address was totally wrong, kudos to my mailman for getting it here.

04-Feb-15

04-Feb-15
Also, anyone know if a nonresident has to have a bow hunter safety class/card to hunt there? Its been a long time since I hunted Wyoming, didn't need one then.

04-Feb-15
How many tickets are left Ron? Any?

05-Feb-15
I spoke with Susan who is doing the raffle this year and she says there are still about 150 tickets left. LB - she has your ticket in the bucket - you are good. Sorry about the address mixup.

Hunter safety is required of anyone born after January 1, 1966. Bowhunter safety (NBEF) is not required.

05-Feb-15
I'm in for two

05-Feb-15
I'm also in for two. I promise to post pictures after my trip.

05-Feb-15
Wow a 150 left. Maybe I should buy a few more. Then I can get teeton to pack out my elk:-)

06-Feb-15
For whatever reason I think in the past we've sold more right before banquet time (when we draw the winner)so I think we're right on track. Remember even at the 150 tickets that's $7,500 worth of projects that will be funded. Hope to sell them all!!!!!!!!

07-Feb-15
Just signed a check for two. Will drop it in the mail in the morning. Great cause!

09-Feb-15
Quick update, effective immediately, we are not able to use PayPal for online raffle purchases. We were just notified by them. So if anyone was holding off and waiting to do that, please send a check to the address on the flyer instead. Also please make sure to have it in by March 19th so it can make it to our meeting and banquet for the weekend. Thanks! Ron

10-Feb-15
I'm in for two. Thanks

14-Feb-15
ttt

15-Feb-15
What was the deal with PayPal?

16-Feb-15
I better print mine and get a check in the mail!!

Good luck, Robb

16-Feb-15
I was one that was going to send it over by PayPal, so I printed it out and mailed it over late last week after Ron posted.

16-Feb-15
Pay Pal contacted us and shut down just our raffle ticket sales. It's against their policy I guess. They have their work cut out for them because there are several organizations I'm aware of that are still selling raffle tickets using Pay Pal.

16-Feb-15
I just bought a chance for a dall hunt from WSF Cali chapter and Pay Pal was an option. I used a CC.

20-Feb-15
Are there any tickets left? Time for me to buy I have been procrastinating long enough.

20-Feb-15
I'm sure there are some. We've never sold them all out in previous years.

20-Feb-15
So guys what they are saying is our odds are better than 1:300! Get after them tickets, I can't believe these tickets don't sell out every year. $50 is only the money for one elk point, but yet it gives the opportunity for the hunt of a lifetime!

20-Feb-15
Elkaddict, That is so true. I'm shocked every year that they don't sell better than they do. I haven't checked this year but I'm pretty sure last year BOW and one other group are the only tag holders that sold tickets this way and the other group were quite a bit more money. Thanks to Ron for getting this started years ago, it gives the common guy a chance at a tag that most people could never afford. Most sell on e-bay for $8-10k a whack. Thanks to all that support the cause.

27-Feb-15
For those that didn't draw, there's still a chance!!!

27-Feb-15
Check is in the mail.

27-Feb-15
i didnt draw a tag maybe u guys that drew can give me your tickets LOL

27-Feb-15
Louis, I'll tell you what, If I win the tag I'll sell it to you for the price of a non-resident tag and donate the money back to BOW!!! All I want is a promotional picture ( of you and the bull you kill, I'm that confident you can do it)that we (BOW) can use to get more sales for future tags that BOW might get. That's my offer if I win. Thanks.

04-Mar-15
One more week.

05-Mar-15
OK boys, I am all in. Check is in the mail for two more tickets and a life membership to BOW. Thank you guys for all you do for BOWhunting in Wyoming; and thanks for supporting us non residents. I've enjoyed a number of deer and antelope hunts out there and have grand plans for more of the same along with lots of elk and the cashing in of my now 15 sheep points.

I'm looking forward to hitting a BOW banquet or two soon as well.

05-Mar-15
lonebull thanks so much I will even pay the special fee !!

05-Mar-15
Thank you Shrewski.

05-Mar-15
Had an e-council conference call last night and we still have over 100 tickets for sale. Come on guys lets get them sold!!!

05-Mar-15
Let me add to Ron's post, Thank you Shrewski!!!! We need more people to join the ranks!! You'll have a good time at a banquet and meet people that will become friends for life. Take care.

05-Mar-15
I just sent in payment for two!!

05-Mar-15
tobinsghost, Thank you!!!!!!!!!

05-Mar-15
As of Thursday night, there are only 75 tickets left.

06-Mar-15
Hold one for me, I put a check in the mail 3 days ago!

06-Mar-15
Jeff and Craig thanks that's one of the nicest things someone has offered me God bless !

09-Mar-15
I've got the list of proposed projects and we need to sell all of our tickets to fund more of them, so if you would like to join in for a chance at a great tag and help the cause in the process please do so. Thanks. Jeff Capron

09-Mar-15
Lonebull sent you a p,m, thanks gib

09-Mar-15
My check is in the mail.

10-Mar-15
Check for 2 tickets headed to Wyoming today. Good luck everyone.

10-Mar-15
Ron thanks! I called Susan and she sat my ticket aside. I will have the check in the mail in the morning. Bob.

11-Mar-15
I got my raffle tickets in the mail yesterday! Here's to a Once in Lifetime hunt for dad!

11-Mar-15
Down to 45 tickets as of last night. Thanks.

12-Mar-15
City, Be praying for #207!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot me your phone # so if we win I can give you a call. Again to everyone thanks for your support of BOW!!! I want another Bowsite guy to win this year!!!

12-Mar-15
Jeff has a lucky bowsiter won this before ?

12-Mar-15
Yes last year we had a Bowsiter win. Hope it continues!!

12-Mar-15
How many remain?

13-Mar-15
Should be a ticket coming to MN hopefully....check mailed Monday 3/9. Never hunted Wyoming but sure would like to!!!!

13-Mar-15
I not much of a bow hunter anymore, but because of this thread a buddy and I each bought tickets. I wish I could attend the banquet.

13-Mar-15
Thill, the winner does not have to bow hunt. It is their choice on which area and weapon choice. Thanks for the support guys!

13-Mar-15
i checked plane tickets 1,386 to WY

13-Mar-15
Lou, that seems high

14-Mar-15
I don't knowbif the ticket are going out in order, but if they are, from what I got in the mail today, there are not many more than 30 left. I'd rather my odds go down than have tickets left over.

16-Mar-15
I noticed this for the first time late Friday night and had a check in the mail Saturday morning.

I'm expecting a "Dear John" letter but maybe, just maybe, Friday the 13th will turn out to be my lucky day!

18-Mar-15
Well they are all sold out!!! Thanks to all that bought tickets!!! Now we just need to wait and see if a Bowsiter wins again this year. We'll find out on Saturday night!!! Thanks again.

18-Mar-15
If???

I'm in it to win it!!!

just wish i could be there to hear them call my name.

19-Mar-15
I think I have a check for two tickets in the mail right now. If it didn't get there before the tickets were gone please accept the check as a donation. Thanks for all you do BOW!

19-Mar-15
arctichill, Thank you for your kind gesture of a donation!!! We will certainly give you membership to BOW for your generous donation. Thanks again. Jeff

21-Mar-15
I was doing the same Scoot! I am 2 days off of ACL surgery so it would be a good problem to have!

21-Mar-15
yeah! me too scoot. Tonight is the night. Bob.

21-Mar-15
I ain't gonna lie, it's in the back of my head!!

21-Mar-15
To may understanding the winner of the raffle was Rory Shore of Casper. Congrats Rory

22-Mar-15
Congrats and good luck!

22-Mar-15
Congrats and good luck!

22-Mar-15
way to go Congrats to Rory!!

22-Mar-15
Congratulations to the winner

22-Mar-15
What, I didn't win??? How could that be. Congrats Rory.

22-Mar-15
Thanks to everyone who supported this. We were able to fund many quality projects!

22-Mar-15
Congrats and good luck on your hunt.

23-Mar-15
Congrats to the winner and to BOW for the projects that get done.

Good luck, Robb

23-Mar-15
Good luck to the winner. Can you BOW boys let us all know what tag he picks and maybe update us on the hunt and all the projects. It is wonderful the tickets all got sold and I know I will look forward to supporting next year.

23-Mar-15
Sorry city we didn't get it done!!! maybe next time. Jeff

23-Mar-15
Shrewski, I will get the list of projects soon.

25-Mar-15
Shrewski, The list of projects is as follows- Conifer removal Cheyenne region for $2,000, Elk migration study Lander region $1,500, PLPW Access statewide $1,000, Aspen enhancement Lander region $1,500, Antler gathering enforcement Pinedale region $1,500, Law enforcement (cameras, etc) Gillette region $2,000, Riparian enhancement Cody region $500, Mule deer fawn survival study Laramie region $3,000, Winter range protection gates Laramie region $2,000. Total of $15,000 this year. Grand total over the years is $186,693 in projects. Thanks. Jeff Capron

25-Mar-15
Very impressive Jeff! Keep up the good work.

• Sitka Gear