The Yode 28-Jan-15
Nick Muche 28-Jan-15
Jack Harris 28-Jan-15
Medicinemann 28-Jan-15
TurkeyBowMaster 28-Jan-15
Jeff Durnell 29-Jan-15
traditionalman 30-Jan-15
23-Jan-15
1) TBM taught this guy everything he knows. 2) Sure he can split an arrow flying at his face, but I bet he hasn't anything else in his life. 3) I'm just jealous.

Prepare to have your mind blown*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

23-Jan-15

23-Jan-15
The mountain lion thread is much better than this one I think your time is better spent on it.

23-Jan-15
I disagree Mike.

Ol' Lars looked like he was having fun !!

There is a message in that thread....have fun.

Not to mention the historical lesson .

23-Jan-15
It also further explained why the Danes will never experience Olympic Basketball Gold

23-Jan-15
Sorry Mike....Lars Andersen = Next Level.

I also think this is where Tim Tebow got his idea for the jump pass.

23-Jan-15
Why the negativity?!

I found this guy to be absolutely amazing.

I had always thought that Legolas and other elves firing arrows in Lord of the Rings was a little far fetched, but this guy Lars loads and fires (accurately) at what I previously considered to be an impossible rate of speed.

Pretty cool!

Carl

23-Jan-15
I think LegoMan studied under Lars.

23-Jan-15
The jump pass was originated long before Tim Tebow. Try 1940's or earlier.

23-Jan-15
Its a joke IaHawkeye....I am fully aware Tebow didn't invent it. LOL.

23-Jan-15
Holy smokes. That's insane. Makes me feel like a joke with my longbow. That guy could stick 6 arrows in a deer before it gets out of range. Not a good hunting skill - he'd get tough on broadheads ;)

23-Jan-15

DC's Link
This guy is amazing. Truly a level few will ever achieve.

23-Jan-15
I thought it was entertaining and he was amazing. The narrator kind of reminded me of an old Dragnet rerun!

:)

23-Jan-15
HMMM yes yes his technique is good but still needs much training !!! Low Hung !

23-Jan-15
Guy is shooting at arrows coming at him....now thats confidence....or stupidity, not sure which. Amazing guy though....

23-Jan-15
I use to try and put a dozen in the air before the first one hit the ground.

23-Jan-15
Holy chit!

23-Jan-15
I used to do that...........but, I woke up.

23-Jan-15
Wow that is awesome

23-Jan-15
I got as high as 4 at one time.

24-Jan-15
I'm a pretty decent shot with a longbow, But i could practice every day, all day, and i'd never get that good.

I have little desire or need to be jumping around like that, or rapid firing arrows.

Natural ability, comes into play here. Just like we will all never become major league pitchers, most people lack the natural talent to ever get that good.

But if your willing to put the time into it. (a lot of time) you can get pretty darn accurate with a longbow or recurve.

Problem is most people are not that committed,(or to lazy) so we blame the equip, when in reality, the fault lies with the shooter.

24-Jan-15
Few people bother to try stuff like that much less get good at it. Brings back memories of the old single barrel shotgun shooters who held the ammo in between their fingers. They would lay 3 deer down and everybody would swear they were shooting an automatic.

This guy has amazing ability but it's the potential of what can be done with the traditional that is contagious. Makes me glad I'm on track to get another one.

24-Jan-15
It takes a lot of practice, at least for me. But then i enjoy shooting. And i make all my own equipment, and enjoy doing so.. If i want a new bow? i just order the glass, lams ect...and glue one up, sand it down, shape it ect...same with strings, arrows ect.. I shoot every week, sometimes a couple times a week, heck some weekends a couple times a day in the summer.

It might be a shot to my ego, but truthfully i find it rather easy to lob arrows through the vital's of a deer at normal 0 to 20 something yards.

If your willing to practice enough, any two fisted monkey could do the same.

Now shooting like this guy? and trick shooting, i'd say is a rare natural talent.

24-Jan-15
Bow Ninja! Impressive to say the least!

Mark

24-Jan-15
I thought it was very cool. He obviously has natural ability and has spent a lot of time practicing to hone his skills. It also made me realize that the bow must have been a very versatile weapon in warfare before the introduction of the gun. I always thought of "showers of arrows" (like you see in movies) before the hand to hand combat began, but this made me think that bows were probably also used at close range and as rapid fire enemy suppression.

Regardless, that guy has talent that I'll never have. Thanks for sharing that video.

24-Jan-15
I wouldn't say trick shooting is the most difficult thing to master. I would say that cutting the string loose freely while maintaining on target and live back tension and follow through is the hardest thing to master. This guy didn't demonstrate that he could do it and I have seen it bring a lot of trad guys down. That is my biggest concern going back to a recurve.

24-Jan-15
I wonder what type nocks he uses?

Man o man he can string an arrow...

24-Jan-15
My mom taught me not to run with share things, she'd string this Lars guy up by his toes...

25-Jan-15
Very impressive indeed, but can he shoot a tight group at bowhunting distances? I'm not convinced that he can, for starters we don't know now many "takes" there were in this video clip. I mean you can make a video of a golfer hitting a hole in one, but how many takes are required?

I doubt video mischief, but then this clip looks convincing, too: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bruce+lee+ping+pong

If link doesn't work go to youtube and search Bruce Lee + ping pong.

25-Jan-15
Robin-who?

Yeah. My wife showed me this video this morning before I saw the thread. Pumped me up to go shoot the recurve a bit, but then we realized after a few shots I couldnt even jump and hit the target at 10 feet... or hold the arrow to the bow... and then she laughed at me..

My enthusiasm went down hill from there. :(

25-Jan-15
He reminds me of the guy that went to live with grizzly bears and got eaten. Especially the shooting arrows coming at him part. He can definitely string an arrow fast.

25-Jan-15
"...for starters we don't know now many "takes" there were in this video clip."

You could give me a thousand takes at most of those shots and I'm still going to fail!

25-Jan-15
He punched really...I mean really bad when he slowed down for a more accurate shot. On faster shots he had an effort filled follow through where his arm extended fully behind his back. I would take him and Byron Ferguson on with 3D targets. I don't think he would perform well at all in our 3D format...I already know how Byron does.

25-Jan-15
this group is tough enjoy the video for what it is!!

25-Jan-15
Amazing video... that dude is a STUD!

25-Jan-15
I say David and TBM do a duel with ole Lars to settle their contempt. I KNOW who would win. Wham, wham, wham, wham! Unless he needed to edit it or he "punched" his release at 60 feet, we'd be a smarter community afterwards. :^)

26-Jan-15
I think Yogi Berra said it best. Half of success is 90%mental. I don't understand the math but this guy "sees" with his body and pulls it off.

26-Jan-15
"He punched really...I mean really bad when he slowed down for a more accurate shot. On faster shots he had an effort filled follow through where his arm extended fully behind his back. I would take him and Byron Ferguson on with 3D targets. I don't think he would perform well at all in our 3D format...I already know how Byron does."

This guy has mastered shots most of us haven't even dreamed of. I'm sure if he wanted to master 3d shooting to whoop up on TBM it would take him very little if any practice.

26-Jan-15
I hear he is looking for an assistant to hold a stack of five aspirins between your lips so he can shoot them one at time in three seconds. tttt bbbb mmm please apply

26-Jan-15
Didn't take long for TBM to turn it into an "I'm better than him" opportunity. I'm still waiting for TBM to clean up on a few other trad guys here with him shooting "their own bows".

But, for all I know, maybe the guy has never killed a turkey, so TBM could be right.

26-Jan-15
TBM, Lars is a stud. while you are at it, why don't you criticize Tigers gold swing.

26-Jan-15
Totally amazing.....guy's a bloody freak....real entertaining....but....show of hands, how many out there ready to adopt this style for your next elk hunt....no body? How 'bout deer or hogs....yeah, me neither.

26-Jan-15
Ambush, do not hold you breath waiting for that to happen, it never will. He all talk but he never puts up any proof of anything.

28-Jan-15
Really amazing talent. Note - he is practicing and shooting "battle archery". He is not hunting, but trying to get an arrow into a man-size target while on the move. Again, not necessarily a kill shot, but something that will stop or slow down the enemy. Speed and moving is not useful for hunting but is when your "target" can shoot back.

Evaluate it for the style of archery he is showing and NOT from a hunting aspect.

Cool things? Shooting two arrows at distance so they hit the target about the same time... Shoot three arrows at distance and then see the targets go down one after the other... Too many other shots to mention.

I too would like to see the type of nock he uses.

28-Jan-15
TTT

28-Jan-15
Ah yes - I missed this one somehow

28-Jan-15
I was wondering about his choice of nocks too.....

28-Jan-15
It's amazing that we can be amazed at this and not be as amazed in a 4 tire change, fill up, windshield cleaned,and bugs cleaned off the bumper...all at under 12 seconds.

29-Jan-15
By a whole TEAM of people.

Now, if the DRIVER could jump out of the car, do all that, take a leak, get back in and be racing in 12 seconds... maybe.... nah, actually it would take a lot more than that to get me to watch a car race.

30-Jan-15
I think this is great and shows what can be done with training and commitment. No need for criticism we Traditional archers and archers of all kind need to stick together. We have enough people against shooting sports as it is now.

• Sitka Gear