t-roy 01-Mar-15
razorsharp 03-Mar-15
pdk25 04-Mar-15
razorsharp 16-Mar-15
pdk25 16-Mar-15
24-Jan-15

BlanchardRiverHunter's embedded Photo
We just returned from our first hog and javelina hunt in south Texas with Rob Kiebler and Fair Chase Outfitting and couldn't be happier. Wanted to share our success. Already booked our hunt to return next year!

24-Jan-15
Uh,..... We need a little more than that ! It's a long time 'til next fall and we can't quit cold turkey ! Story please !

24-Jan-15

24-Jan-15

24-Jan-15

24-Jan-15

Our guide dropped my brother and I off with the wind in our face at one end of the road and said stalk it to the other end of the road. We videoed each others kills and it was an awesome experience. Love to spot and stalk! Very exciting way to hunt.

24-Jan-15
Looks like you had a blast. Congrats on scoring on some nice trophies.

Would like to know a little about your equipment set-up, shot distances, etc. Trying to learn as I have never hunted the animal before. I am scheduled to hunt with Rob in January 2016.

25-Jan-15
Hunting with Rob is...Incredible! We have a group of 8 Canadians going back there mid February...thx for the pics! How were the hogs there?

25-Jan-15
Buffalo1....what are your dates hunting with Rob in January next year? We will be there Jan 15-17th next year. All shots were within 20 yards. If you hunt the feeders they are usually close to 18 yards. Our spot and stalk shots were right at 20 yard. I wouldn't recommend shooting much farther at these javelina's with there small vitals. If you wound an animal, it counts as a kill so we made sure we felt comfortable with all shot selections. We both used rage expandable 2 blade broad heads with our Mathews bows. I shoot an HHA single pin sight. We honestly saw animals on every sit... it's just waiting for the caliber of animal you want to harvest. My hog was right at 180lbs and wasn't the largest harvested while I was there. It was our first trip every hog hunting and we had our next booked before we left. Good luck!

25-Jan-15
You should post the videos to Youtube and the post the links here. Sound like a great time. I stil want to go down there for that combo..free range exotics too.

25-Jan-15
My brother has the video camera and has been working 12 hr shifts since we returned on Friday. As soon as I can get the camera I will post them. The camera read "insufficient space" just 2 seconds before my shot but he got everything leading up to it including my draw and aiming. Bad luck i guess. His is a pretty cool video. I'll post both as soon as I can get a hold of his camera.

25-Jan-15
How was the open bar and pool?

25-Jan-15
No doubt a fun hunt !!!!!!

07-Feb-15
The Cinco is a great place to hunt and Rob really takes care of you. I think I have stalked that same road.

07-Feb-15
goin down wednesday

07-Feb-15
you cannot go wrong with Rob. Congrats on a successful hunt

07-Feb-15
I remember the mesquite grill cooking when I was there great setup lodging eats lodge and master guide Rob Interesting too being right on the rio grande river all the border patrol activity

08-Feb-15

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Not this year, but I hunted with rob last year about this time. I will be back, maybe next year...

First class guy and place.

--Jim

08-Feb-15

habu john's embedded Photo
Heading to Texas in two weeks for hogs. Last year we were in the south and did spot and stalk on javelina and had a blast. Also hunted at night out of a ground hide for pigs and was lucky to get a nice boar, my first.

08-Feb-15

Here is my pig with a few new friends.

08-Feb-15
WOW! That IS nice pig!

08-Feb-15
Headed to Rob's on Sunday...can't freakin wait :)

09-Feb-15
Me too!!!

09-Feb-15
Dino did that hog have one floppy ear?

09-Feb-15
Which hog are you referring to Pete?

09-Feb-15
Big red one he looks familiar.

09-Feb-15
Gotcha...you mean in my trophy photos. She was a big red colored sow, dang thing smelled like honey and maple syrup. Shot from a ground blind. No floppy ears.

27-Feb-15
I am actually headed to South Texas the first part of April to see if I can help a landowner with a pig problem. Never been there nor hunted wild hogs so should be pretty fun.

27-Feb-15
nice to see young guys at it

28-Feb-15

pdk25's embedded Photo
pdk25's embedded Photo
Just got back from a hunt at Fair Chase, as well. Shot these 3 critters.

28-Feb-15

pdk25's embedded Photo
pdk25's embedded Photo

28-Feb-15

pdk25's embedded Photo
pdk25's embedded Photo

28-Feb-15

pdk25's embedded Photo
pdk25's embedded Photo
Second javi

28-Feb-15

pdk25's embedded Photo
pdk25's embedded Photo
Second javi

28-Feb-15

pdk25's embedded Photo
pdk25's embedded Photo
Second javi

28-Feb-15
Each boar javelina weighed exactly 50#, although the second one was considerably more mature, with much thicker canines, shoulders, and skull. The hog probably weighed around 150#, although I didn't weigh it.

01-Mar-15
Very nice, Congrat!!

03-Mar-15
Nice PDK! That is a great place to hunt!

04-Mar-15
Thanks Jim. Certainly a ranch with a lot of shot opportunities.

16-Mar-15
Did Rob take you to the deck overlooking the river? There is some real history in the rocks just below it dating back to the Pancho Villa days!

16-Mar-15
No sir. I was only there for one day, so it was a whirlwind hunting trip. I would have loved to see the rest of the ranch.

• Sitka Gear