CT bow junkie 29-Jan-15
Teeton 29-Jan-15
Shaner94 29-Jan-15
Chip T. 29-Jan-15
Shaner94 29-Jan-15
Shaner94 29-Jan-15
LUNG$HOT 29-Jan-15
29-Jan-15
I currently shoot a fall away and my bow is shooting 322 fps. I am considering going to a WB because I like less moving parts on my bow. Have any of you shot a bow with this speed or more and set up with a WB? If so, what did you notice? Still accurate out to 50 yards+? Thanks.

29-Jan-15
I shoot 3D with some guys that shoot that setup and those speeds fast and light arrow. Its just as accurate as they can stand, hold, squeeze the shot on a stationary 3D target...but its loud....personally I would never hunt with that setup due to the bow noise...now if the arrow was going 1127fps....then maybe.

29-Jan-15
Note quite that fast, but my Alphaburner at 72# & 29" draw would send a 400 grain arrow at 313 fps through a WB. No accuracy issues at all, out to 60 yds.

29-Jan-15
It's only 6fps loss with a WB. What are you shooting for a setup

29-Jan-15
I'm shooting 303 out of my setup with the wb right helical 2 inch blazer vanes.. I make my own arrows and put dates on the arrow the day I put in service and a date for refletching. Vane hold up great and have two year old vanes on.. Do to work and moving into a new house in Oct. I have now got to shoot much or not at all from end of Oct.. Last night I got to shoot for the first time in months and shot a 278 at a 30 target 3d range.. I had no zero's and only 1 five. The targets only go out to 40yds.. I love my wb and went from drop away to wb. I set pins for elk hunting out to 60 yds and get 4 inch groups at 60 with the wb with hunting setup. Ed

29-Jan-15
Thanks for the replies. I mostly hunt elk and doubt I would shoot past 60-70 yards. I have killed 2 bulls at 61 and 63 yards in the past, but not with a WB, although it sounds completely doable so far from your responses. My arrows are a tad lighter than I like though at just under 400. I like to be 400-even 450. So if I up my arrow weight obviously my speed will drop some and the effects of the WB would be even less I'm assuming? Thanks again. All input is appreciated.

29-Jan-15
Would like to know what bow, draw length and poundage you are shooting to get your speed. I don't think you will have any problem with a WB. I shoot a right helical with 2 inch vanes at slower speeds with no problem.

29-Jan-15
I didn't answer the above post. I am shooting a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34. 30 inch draw, set at 76 pounds. I am shooting the Gold Tip Pro Hunters (if I remember right). I just switched arrows last year. 100 grain Slick Trick Standard.

29-Jan-15
And the more I think about it, it might be set at 78 pounds. Haven't checked in 6 months or so and I have forgotten exactly what it was.

29-Jan-15
I noticed a difference with the wb when shooting helical vanes, not so much with straight vanes but definitely louder and less speed when using helical. Long story short I now shoot a Qad ultrarest and love it.

• Sitka Gear