PAstringking 30-Jan-15
PAstringking 30-Jan-15
jstephens61 31-Jan-15
bghunter 31-Jan-15
Two Feathers 05-Feb-15
DC 05-Feb-15
DC 05-Feb-15
29-Jan-15
Our 20 is next year in June, so I'm starting now. Looking for someplace I can take the wife for around 5 days and still get a couple days of hunting in while she's in a spa. Open to any ideas, just keep it somewhere in the states. We did Africa last year. She never gets on here so it should be safe and a surprise for her.

29-Jan-15
Hawaii, go to Kauai for ferrel goats in Waimea.

29-Jan-15
Did Hawaii in '99 for her 35. I'd like to do someplace different.

30-Jan-15
We did Africa last year.

30-Jan-15
I know you said keep it in the states, but. . .

Think about a Spanish Ibex hunt. Bowhunting Safari Consultants has a Spanish ibex trip, 5 days I believe. Outside Barcelona.

Wife has given me the go ahead for that trip for the both of us in 2017. We're doing Africa in '16

Bake

30-Jan-15
What about NZ ? you can get in a few days hunting and that time of year is perfect Tahr and Chamoi. There is plenty to do for a non hunter too.

We spent our time on the south island and it is beautiful.

30-Jan-15
If did not see the Big Island of Hawaii then might consider going back. Lava flowing, over a dozen distinct ecozones that resemble everything from Scottish Highlands to Palm Springs, spas, mountain top observatory with views of stars unlike anything on the mainland, etc. Lots to hunt there from feral cattle, goats and sheep to other critters. Plus, fishing.

There are places in Texas where could be at a spa for her and you day hunt for exotics and hogs in June. Aoudad hunting is challenging if find free-range or stay away from the feeder zones.

Might be a tad early for alligator hunting in Florida by lottery draw on public land hunts but the private hunts might be year around.

30-Jan-15
IMO, unless she is a very avid hunter herself, forget about hunting. Do something for you both to spend time TOGETHER. Plenty of opportunity to hunt on other trips. This will earn you more points than trying to do both. Make the trip more about her than you. Just my advice, worth what you paid for it.

30-Jan-15
+1 SDHTR.

Don't take bow or golf clubs and make it really special for HER !! You will reap great rewards for future hunting adventures !!

30-Jan-15

PAstringking's embedded Photo
Hawaii...

30-Jan-15

Hawaii

31-Jan-15
Fine! Looking at a cruise up the coast to Alaska and maybe a rail trip. No hunting, but a lot of dreaming of going back with my bow.

31-Jan-15
My wife does not hunt so if lets say we do Hawaii with no hunting there is no way we could afford another trip for me to go hunting.

MY wife is very understanding and we have been to both africa and new zealand with a little hunting and sightseeing/ relaxing, as she understands that without this compromise I would not realize my dreams of being able to hunt in certain areas as our income will not allow it. We have had great trips doing both.

I guess if you can afford both good for you and go for it.

05-Feb-15
June - Yes, you can bring her to Wisconsin and hunt carp.

05-Feb-15

DC's Link
We went to the Grand Teton and stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge for our 30 year anniversary. I would recommend it to anyone. Hunt with a camera. You will never get tired of the scenery. Check out the link.

05-Feb-15

DC's Link
Here is the Vacation if your interested.

• Sitka Gear