kota-man 01-Apr-15
bearhunter 02-Apr-15
Buffalo1 13-Apr-15
cityhunter 25-Apr-15
Charlie Rehor 25-Apr-15
Buffalo1 25-Apr-15
midwest 25-Apr-15
04-Feb-15
Is anyone considering playing a practice round on Wednesday before the P & Y golf tournament on Thursday?

Looking to put a possible group together for Wednesday play.

04-Feb-15
We need to rent a course and play at archery golf!

05-Feb-15
We talked about it Greg, but I don't think we are going to at this point. If something changes I will let you know.

Matt

05-Feb-15
i hear lou is signed up for all the best tee times

05-Feb-15
Cityhunter is all over it!! :)

05-Feb-15
Grant at a par4 im on in two . !!!! Golf at a convention full of archers???? I would think the folks at PY would be trying to promote archery i guess not !!

05-Feb-15
The P&Y Golf tournament does a good job of raising money for the Trust Fund. I am an very much an advocate of the event.

I've always been amazed at how much money is raised for different causes through golf events. Also, how much business is conducted during a round of golf. I would venture to say as much or more business is conducted on a golf course as in an office setting.

06-Feb-15
Buff thats all grand but PY is a bow hunting org . I suggested a 3d shoot to raise some money for a good cause makes a lot more sense all that attend the convention shoot bow not all play golf !

06-Feb-15
Golf is fairly universal and a benefit tournament can rack up LOTS of money. People that play golf think NOTHING of $125+/person to play in a benefit tournament, then add in the bar, silent raffles etc. and it DWARFS what you could do with a 3D event.

06-Feb-15
Bob If u took a poll of all the py members i bet only a small percentage play golf !But Bob i bet my last dollar all the members shoot archery !

06-Feb-15
Bob you are spot on about raising money. Golf outings can raise big bucks and it is a universal activity.

Shockey has has great success raising money for SCI with the golf event at the SCI convention.

06-Feb-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
Buff bring yr bow we can shoot for big bucks and entice new members to join the club !

06-Feb-15
City,

Buff is planning on bringing his golf sticks, not archery shafts; a suitcase and photos for the photo contest to Phoenix.

I don't play golf or shoot bows for money- only for fun. I'm not one who bets. But I bet I will have a good time !!

Thanks for the invitation though.

07-Feb-15
"city"....YOU are spot on! You know why people 'golf'?

07-Feb-15
It sounds like a great place to step up and organize a 3D shoot with the passion you have for It. I have heard they tried it in the past but didn't get the response one would expect.

I would consider shooting 3D just like the golf or sporting clays.

07-Feb-15
Matt nothing against golf , but the avg bow hunter does not play golf.Imagine going to a golf convention and they are throwing a 3d shoot . My idea would be to get local state bow hunting orgs involved Invite all bow hunters/archers to the the shoot this would expose the PY club to non members. Have a fun 3d shoot invite the kids and family for a day of shooting bows . The PY club has some of the best shooters! Im sure they would be willing to help promote a day of fun archery shooting . Any club needs new members to continue to grow , PY needs to go after the new and young bow hunters.

07-Feb-15
Pat,

I'll take that sissy "Gold"!

07-Feb-15
You would have to split it with me!

--Jim

07-Feb-15
I for one take offense Pat :). I'm a "Golder" and proud of it. Helps me judge distance...

I plan on playing if I can get "clearance" on my knee from my surgeon. It'll be 4 months since surgury and normally they say 6 months before "golding".

As stated above, "gold" is a universal game known to be able to raise a buck or two for great causes.

City, your idea is great as well, but I think they have tried a 3D shoot in the past and it just didn't work out. I agree, a local club putting on a big local shoot at the same time, might go off better.

07-Feb-15
Kota i have been a member for 15 years i don't recall in these years the PY club offering a 3d. So Kota if given the choice would u rather swing a club or shoot a bow at this event ? Im curious maybe its members would rather play golf then fling some arrows? I would think the corporate partners club would support this 3D big time,after all these companies are archery based companies not golf companies !!!

07-Feb-15
A few months ago I conversed with cityhunter about having a 3D shoot at the convention... It makes sense to me. The Phoenix Convention is being held at a golf resort and is a popular event... which makes sense too.

I told city that I would do whatever I could to make a 3D shoot happen at the next convention. I have a lot on my plate. It would take a commitment from a few volunteers and a local club. At the convention on Saturday night, the location of the 2017 convention will be announced. I'll start looking for volunteers on that night. Good times ahead... Ed F

07-Feb-15
I gave up Golf I lost my balls Dozen balls for nine holes cost to much to play.

07-Feb-15
Ed u can count on me !

07-Feb-15
City...Depends on where the venue is...AZ, I'm sorry to say, I'll be bringing the clubs if I get cleared and would do so given the two choices. We have a lot of great 3D courses here, but not so many great golf courses. I usually tend to be an opportunist when it comes to golf! :)

07-Feb-15
My hat is off to the organizers and all the volunteers who will put on this convention. They are hard to pull off. Looks like a great line-up. The hunter safetey class was a real coup. Thank to all.

07-Feb-15

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
OK, City you are the "3d man" for 2017! Make sure you find a convention sight that will welcome a bunch of guys walking around with bows and arrows! Perhaps we have a liability insurance agent amongst our ranks that can insure the Club against errant arrows! Ha Ha!

Kidding aside I think there is currently plenty of activities during the convention. In past conventions I never seem to have extra time! Here is the line-up!

08-Feb-15
Afraid I am going to have to call for previous question on this thread- it's starting to wonder. Here is the question:

Is anyone considering playing a practice round on Wednesday before the P & Y golf tournament on Thursday? Looking to put a possible group together for Wednesday play.

09-Feb-15
Herm... all the other four letter words were taken.....

City just wants a 3D so he can hustle the membership..... Jackie Gleason with a bow and arra..... heheheheh...

Golf. Robin Williams did a great routine on Scottish Golf.... if you don't mind the language.... one of his best. "Tiger Woods, son of a black man and a Ti woman.... not even a German geneticist could have thought of that one up...."

I'd link it but.... hey, it's easy to find on youtube....

If nothing else.... ttt

11-Feb-15

bigguy's embedded Photo
bigguy's embedded Photo
Buffalo1. If my flights work out, I would love to play a practice round. I played Lookout Mountain when I was in Phoenix in January. It is a great golf course and a practice round will certainly make the next round a little easier. For me, golf and bowhunting are a great mix. I manage a golf course in Saskatchewan for a living. Every day, my staff and I deal with Elk problems on greens and in bunkers. I have treestands 500 yards from the course. My son shot a 20 13/16" black bear out of one of those stands and could hear golfers talking just minutes earlier. Could'nt do that with a rifle! He texted me and I had to leave a lesson I was giving on the driving range to help him load it on a quad. As you can see by the attached photo, the elk like the golf course. I will let you know if it works for me as soon as flights are booked.

18-Feb-15
My flights are booked. I want to play Wednesday!

18-Feb-15
Ed,

I plan on attending the next convention. This year didn't work with my schedule. Pencil me in with Lou....I will be there for a 3D shoot and I will help anyway I can to pull it off.

18-Feb-15
biguy wow they are wrecking them greens !! wildlife love golf courses

18-Feb-15
bigguy,

That puts us at 2 players for a practice round. Before we get a tee time we will see if 1 or 2 more may want to join.

Tks, Buffalo1

19-Feb-15
Will have to sit this one out due to son's spring training.....

19-Feb-15
Sorry to hear that, Steve......I will our conversations and your accent. :) Stay well, my friend.

19-Feb-15
There's no better way to spoil a beautiful day than by trying to play golf in it! Ha! Good thing for me that as much as I go to the course I'm not sure anyone would accuse me of actually playing any. I really wish I could make the convention work this year, great line up and sounds like some good times will be had by the attendees. Travel safe all.

24-Feb-15

Matt Palmquist's embedded Photo
Matt Palmquist's embedded Photo
Looks like you might be in business Louis! Just saw this posted to the P&Y Facebook page.

24-Feb-15
Oh, it's so on now!

--Jim

08-Mar-15
Any more takers for a practice round? It's a great course!

08-Mar-15
I have been monitoring the thread and the 2 "sures" seem to be Buffalo1 and bigguy. Potential players could be Matt Palmquist and kota-man.

I have talked with the resort and they will provide us transportation to and from the course. From everything I can find out, the course is suppose to be a really beautiful layout. I've never played a desert course, so I am excited about the experience.

As we get closer, hopefully we can confirm a group to play on Wednesday.

08-Mar-15
Buff...I will be in the Sunday before and will have a couple rounds in by Wednesday. Just not sure if I will be playing Wednesday or not.

08-Mar-15
kota-man,

I understand about a couple of days and then rest needed. You don't want to peak early.

I not taking you off the "potential" list yet.

09-Mar-15
I think we are still out at this point so don't count on us. We decided two days of golf might be a bit much.

Matt

09-Mar-15
Buff...Good point about peaking early. I need to be on top of my game Thursday:) However, I'm more concerned about leaving my wife in the SPA for 3 days while I golf! Speaking of the spa, I may have to have a massage on Wednesday...Best NOT to remove me from "the list" at this point...

09-Mar-15
I am done playing golf most likely. Hit a hole in one last summer. I am not gonna get much better! lol. Have fun fellas!!

09-Mar-15
Come on Ned....I was convinced when I was told the beer would be cold:)

09-Mar-15
You can walk from the resort to the Proshop. If your in the right room its about a minute away. You pay at proshop, get your cart and take the cart about a half mile. No need for a ride! Sounds like bearhunter might be interested.

10-Mar-15
I received this info from Rod Ronnevaum who is the golf tournament chairman for the upcoming P&Y Tournament. Hope you will find the info useful:

"Proposed Tee Box's: All Players 5990 yards Back Point Tee 10+ HDCP Seniors 5292 yards Middle Pointe Tee (55 Older) Ladies 4521 yards Forward Pointe Tee Format is 4 person Scramble: No player drive requirement. Please contact Glenn Hisey at [email protected] National Headquarters [email protected] Rod Ronnebaum at [email protected] [email protected] I am the local Phoenix area contact. All golfers are welcome, the format is a 4 person scramble team. $120 entry fee per person. We are asking for golf hole sponsors $150 each hole. We are looking for items to auction. All money raised goes to the Pope & Young Glenn St. Charles Museum. To All: The Pope & Young convention in Phoenix Az. is only 5 weeks away. The official Deadline to register for the Golf Tournament is March 17th. The P&Y National Convention St. Charles Charity Golf Event is April 16th. 8:30am Shotgun. I would like players registered by the official deadline. I need time to prepare the pairings."

Tks, Buffalo1

12-Mar-15
Yes I likely will partake it a round with you guys the day before if there is still a spot. Let me know if your group is full yet.

12-Mar-15
Play the tips or go home....:)

12-Mar-15

Cityhunter: You want to mess with me on the links? Hole 5 was my first ever yesterday in Hilton Head, SC. See you in Phoenix! C

12-Mar-15
Congrats Charlie!!!!! I've been playing a LONG time and all of my buddies have multiples, but it has avoided me. What a thrill for you.

12-Mar-15
!!! Charlie I played the game for years its a enjoyable day but these days I cant cut myself thin no time !! I figure when im old and cant hunt then pick up the clubs again :>

12-Mar-15
Bearhunter,

We will get a "serious headcount" closer to the date to see who all is really committed to playing on Wednesday. I think we are going to have a great warm up round. Think the course is going to be a challenge.

Charlie,

Congrats on the hole-in-one !!! You must be getting primed for Phoenix.

13-Mar-15
Thanks. Sounds good. Will look forward to it.

27-Mar-15
ATTENTION !!!

bigguy & bearhunter please check your PM regarding practice round inquiry.

Thanks,

Buffalo1

27-Mar-15

Short shorts please! Temps for next 8 days!

27-Mar-15
Looks like Nancy was less than excited about your Ace!She would have given you a pretty good haircut until you pulled that out....

Congrats...only one here but it was in a tournament so extra sweet.

27-Mar-15
Weather in Phoenix is looking like MS in July. Ball will roll good and snakes rattle loud!!

27-Mar-15
I'd commit, but I'm not sure I would want a bunch of Bowsiters watching me scream F-word-laced obscenities and throwing clubs

I don't know what activity could be more frustrating than golf! Maybe the Democratic convention, but that's about it

Bake

29-Mar-15
LAST CALL TO PLAY !!!!!!

bearhunter, bigguy and Buffalo1 are scheduling a round of golf on Wednesday morning, April 15. We have one opening left to complete a foursome. If you an seriously committed and wanting to join our group please let it be known by PMing one of us not later than Tuesday Morning, March 31 by 8:00 AM CDST.

29-Mar-15
Buff...Put me down...I'd hate for you to get taken advantage of from the guys North of the border.

Charlie...What happened to the round after the hole in one? :) I couldn't help but notice, you were even after 5 but shot 42???? :)

29-Mar-15
42 front nine then 48 back nine! One great shot, two bad shots! Golf is like shooting a recurve. Easy to be decent almost impossible to be really good:)

30-Mar-15
Kota-man,

You are booked for a tee time on 4/15. Will send you a PM with specifics.

Buffalo1

30-Mar-15
kota-man

Check your PM. You invitation to the Arizona Masters is there!!

Thanks,

Buffalo1

30-Mar-15
The Arizona Masters Invitational Golf Tournament is now an official event. Everyone knew from the beginning the event would be big and all indications are it will be.

The event will be held on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. The course venue is Lookout Mountain Golf Course in Phoenix, AZ. Tee times will begin at 8:20 AM local time. The feature group for television coverage on Golf Channel will be bigguy and bearhunter from Saskatchewan, Canada and kota-man and Buffalo1 of the United States.

Watch for more information on the event.

31-Mar-15
I'd like to place a "bet" in Vegas...Who's the favorite?

01-Apr-15
With Kota-man coming out of North Dakota and bigguy and bearhunter coming out of Saskatchewan, I think the favorite will come out of the deep south due to a lack of snow!

01-Apr-15
Deep South has been having some serious rain issues which is preventing being able to hit balls and play.

It will be a "white legs" affair and a fun time.

01-Apr-15
Better wear some quality sunshades !

01-Apr-15
I think UV rays off white legs is gonna be "clorox white" !!

01-Apr-15
I spent last week in Az "tuning" up.

02-Apr-15
sorry big guy but being stuck with me will not be of much help. Im just along to see what green grass actually looks like. Its been too long

13-Apr-15
Looks like about 46 golfers signed up for the P & Y Golf tourney. 2 more golfers need to complete 2 foursomes.

Kota Man, bearhunter, Bigguy and Buffalo1 in on the Wednesday ProAm.

Golf Channel carrying all the action. Watch it live from Phoenix.

25-Apr-15
so did charlie win !!!

25-Apr-15
I never brought my sticks. I was too busy shooting the 3d courses. Ha Ha! As hard as I tried I never saw you Lou so we'll try it again in 2017 in St.Louis:)

25-Apr-15
There were so many rabbits on the course we played, we could have had a "rabbit shootout" rather than a 3-D shoot !!

City, I think Charlie is setting all of us up for the golf tourney in STL. I'm not betting against Charlie !!

25-Apr-15
St. Louis? Sweet! I will make that one for sure!

• Sitka Gear