Zim1 27-Feb-15
cityhunter 28-Feb-15
kylet 28-Feb-15
C.Beck 02-Mar-15
cityhunter 02-Mar-15
cityhunter 02-Mar-15
ollie 02-Mar-15
08-Feb-15
We are going to draw Iowa tags this year and just got back from a weekend scouting/shed hunting trip. I'm not really sure what to think of the place. Walked some public land that looked promising. But we had a hard time trying to figure out who owned what to knock on doors. For you guys that have hunted it before, how'd you go about it? Plan on buying a landowner chip for the gps before going back.

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kyle

08-Feb-15
I hunt leased land in zone 4 &5. I'd hate to try to gain access to quality bowhunting in that area by just knocking on doors cold calling!

09-Feb-15
Any sheds found these units have been hit hard with the EHD in past years . There are public land during bow should be ok .

09-Feb-15
You could call the courthouse for the county you are hunting in and get a plat book.

09-Feb-15
County plat book.

09-Feb-15
Iowa has a very good online hunting atlas right on the fish and game website

09-Feb-15
I am a landowner in more northeast iowa, Tama County. I am always looking for an elk hunt swap. If you want to find names you will need a platt book. people spend unbelievable amounts of money to lease good land. Good luck finding something.

09-Feb-15
I hunted public land near Centerville back in 2009. Latest corn harvest on record, so it was tough. But I saw some deer and missed a giant my second day there.

Going back with an outfitter this November. I can't wait!!

27-Feb-15
Just bought the On X maps chip for a Iowa and heading back next weekend. I know it's gonna be tough but I'm gonna give it a shot.

No sheds. Saw a couple dozen bucks of only one had lost one side.

The public looks promising. Would just like a spot to leave some stands up.

27-Feb-15
You're going to put up stands in February/March to hunt next November? Maybe worded poorly. Not legal on public.

28-Feb-15
any stand on public will be taken by shed guys and shrooom hunters they hit the woods hard nothin else to do out there

28-Feb-15
Don't plan on leaving a stand up on public. I know better than that. Just would like a place to leave stands up

02-Mar-15
It sounds like he is looking for a private to leave stands up.

I did a lease back in 2010 and it was worth the $$$. There are many ways to find one. Good luck knocking doors........... You will burn a lot of time that you could be using to scout or shed hunt. I'm going to Iowa this year as well and will be leasing with a few friends as well as a few guys hunting public.

02-Mar-15
whats ideal about iowa is limited tags this is in turn limits the land a outfitter can lease up .

02-Mar-15
had good luck with landowners in wayne county

02-Mar-15
Polite non-residents who are good at socializing with the locals at places like small town diners often walk away with plenty of invites to hunt private lands. Many farmers consider deer to be big, brown rats that eat their crops and they want them shot.

• Sitka Gear