Ward's Outfitters 26-Feb-15
13-Feb-15
I am wanting to go on a guided Mule Deer hunt, and spoke with this outfitter at the Harrisburg PA outdoor show. He sounds great however there are no reviews with Mule deer hunts only coues deer on this site. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with him with Mule deer? Any info good or bad will be helpful.

14-Feb-15
I haven't hunted with Steven for mule deer, but I hunted with him for Merriam's turkey, and the amount of effort (physical, mental and financial) Steven put forth to get us into birds was simply amazing. Above and beyond expectations. Based on that, I wouldn't have any reservations about hunting with Ward's for anything. I believe Steven has taken several exceptional mule deer in Arizona on his own, with archery equipment.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help with mule deer!

15-Feb-15
Ditto...I haven't hunted mule deer with him either, but have done 3 coues deer with him and one thing Steven will do is make a great effort to get your deer.

No reservations here either. You can be assured you'll have a great hunt. AS soon as I can draw AZ elk, I'll be hunting with STeven once again.

15-Feb-15
Steven knows Muleys!

15-Feb-15
Steven knows deer, and he knows where to find them. You'll have a Great hunt!

15-Feb-15
I hunted twice with Steven for Coues. Recommend him highly. He is a straight shooter and pretty fair with a bow, too.

15-Feb-15
I haven't hunted with him but I have discussed our Mexico operations with him a couple of times and found him to be a straight shooter with no "fluff". Hard to find honest guys down there and he struck me to be very honest and straightforward.

15-Feb-15
I've been hoping to hunt Coues deer with him. Looks like he gets things done! David

15-Feb-15
I killed a mulie with Steven in Az a few years ago. I think my picture is still on the header on his website. All above posts are accurate, hard working great people. I really need to get back down there, i really enjoy his father Dennis.

17-Feb-15
While a lot of people had success hunting Coues when baiting was still legal (pre 2014), his success rates have taken quite a hit over the last 13 months. I would only talk to people who have hunted in the last 13 months.

17-Feb-15
txco, that might be useful information if baiting for coues deer had anything to do with hunting mulies??

18-Feb-15
BLG, spot on. Total non sequitur. Success rates on coues with and without bait has exactly NOTHING to do with success rates on spot and stalk mulies.

I've known and hunted with Steven since he was in highschool, and all I can tell you is ask him how he thinks you would do and base your decision on that.

19-Feb-15
It was more of a response/warning to the recommendations from people who have only hunted Coues and preban at that. I agree coues have nothing to do with Muleys.

And yes Ive hunted with Steven for Coues with 50% success rate.

19-Feb-15
You wont find any one better!

19-Feb-15
TTT

20-Feb-15
TXCO

Warning???

20-Feb-15

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Steven knows hunting, period! A Muley from one of Matt's and I hunts with Steven...If Matt hadn't found him, I'd have arm wrestled him for a shot at him...

We were chasing Coues, but could have taken Muley's instead if we would have wanted...

20-Feb-15
Waterfowler - Are the Mulies smaller than what would be found in other western states, On average, How many larger Mulies did you see vs smaller ones, and how many did you see per day? On average. What time of year did you hunt?'

Thanks

20-Feb-15
I am reasonably confident that I know where Wards Outfitters pursues muleys. It's not the AZ strip but there are toad bucks there. 200" deer have come from these areas. Don't know Steven but from what others have stated on this post, he'll hunt hard for you. What more do you need? Call the man.

26-Feb-15

Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo

26-Feb-15

26-Feb-15

26-Feb-15