Ziek 14-Apr-15
jcneng 14-Apr-15
joehunter8301 15-Apr-15
midwest 15-Apr-15
writer 15-Apr-15
Bowfreak 15-Apr-15
mikesohm/magnus 26-Apr-15
18-Feb-15
Is there a broadhead that you can recommend for a turkey hunt? I normally use a muzzy 100 grains 3 blades, but I am not sure if there is something better in the market for this type of hunt

18-Feb-15
A lot of people recommend expandables for turkeys. I'm debating this too. I use NAP Hellrazr's for deer and I'm not sure if I want to use those broadheads for turkeys or if I should invest in some large expandable heads.

18-Feb-15

GRoe's Link
I use Grim Reapers Razor Cut 2" expandable 100gr. Hard to beat them.

GR Heads Up Decoy

18-Feb-15
I use Muzzy 4 blade 100 gr and never had a problem. Hit 'em at the wing butt and they won't go anywhere.

18-Feb-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
No offense, Woodsman416, but hitting them in the wing butt is not good advice.

18-Feb-15

Woodsman416's embedded Photo
Woodsman416's embedded Photo
Your right Midwest. Poor choice of terminology on my part. What I've always referred to as the wing butt is what I've circled in this picture.

18-Feb-15

joehunter8301's embedded Photo
joehunter8301's embedded Photo
Woodsman, hate to say your wrong but if that's ur shot placement then your way too far forward. This is a little better illustration of where to aim. Behind the wing joint in the pocket is ideal and where the goodies are. Jus incase anyone looks on here they don't get misled on shot placement. and also I shoot a standard vpa 3 blade I rely on aiming small missing small and if I need some punch if I hit bone I don't worry about a flimsy bh falling apart. This combo has worked great for me so far.

18-Feb-15
Used the schwacker(yes I know,make fun of me) last year on my bird. Worked great!!

18-Feb-15
X2 for Joehunter, on where to aim.

18-Feb-15
X3 joes shot selection spot....

This year I'm shooting a big 3 blade 1 1/4" fixed bh ....A lot of bh will work as long as you hit the goodies.

18-Feb-15
x4 Joe....dead bird.

20-Feb-15
Any Dead Ringer Broadhead will work killed with all styles of head man .. and joehunter is dead on about aiming

23-Feb-15
I'll be running a 25% off sale on the VPA Spurs and 1 1/4" cut 3 Blade 125s in starting this weekend for the stock I have on hand in those models. Anyone interested before I get it posted can PM me or send me an email to [email protected] or [email protected].

23-Feb-15
I am a sucker for the big (not a bowsite sponsor) expandables or the (not a bowsite sponsor), though I also like loppin' off heads with the (not a bowsite sponsor).

24-Feb-15
Nick lolllllll

25-Feb-15
I don't shoot turkeys far so I recently tuned my bow up for some 200 grain VPA 3 blades. I have used Magnus snuffers and Stingers with success also.

25-Feb-15
Nick... dude that is hilarious. I understand what's going on but I hate walking on eggshells not being able to mention the broadhead that I myself use and believe in and have no monetary interest in.

So I can't really comment on this thread. :-(

25-Feb-15
So Nick what ur really trying to say is that you are just here so u don't get fined!!

Make sure u trademark the (not a bowsite sponsor).

25-Feb-15
The 20 or so year old Muzzy 3-blade in 125 grain seems to work just fine.

25-Feb-15
Very easy to become a Bowsite Sponsor just send me a PM and I'll get you going!

25-Feb-15
my sentiments exactly Nick, anytime i see the word M@GNu$ in a thread...it gets closed or locked.

25-Feb-15
I shot fixed head for everything but Turkey's big expandable's seem to work better. One thing I have noticed about turkey's is if you hit them right rarely go out of sight off just a tad and will run for ever! Muzzy's will work fine if put in right spot

25-Feb-15
The three heads I like are not bowsite sponsors so I didn't name them by name. Sorry boys, rules is rules. Maybe someday every product and outfitter will be a sponsor and we can then speak freely about them.

25-Feb-15
"The three heads I like are not bowsite sponsors so I didn't name them by name. Sorry boys, rules is rules. Maybe someday every product and outfitter will be a sponsor and we can then speak freely about them. "

IF those BHs are sold by a bowsite sponsor on their website, wouldn't it be OK to mention them?

26-Feb-15
Nick, your post confuses me...something that sometimes is pretty easy. Are you admitting to being one of the 'shills' Pat has referred to? :) If not, it is my opinion the rules certainly do not prohibit people from giving opinions on their favorite brand of whatever.

Let's not turn a reasonable request on Pat's part from turning into a controversy that isn't there.

As for the OP request for turkey broadheads I like the Vortex Mini-Max 3 which is a 2-inch 3-blade expandable. They have saved me a couple time on not so great hits.

26-Feb-15
Nick came very close to a verbal reprimand:) By the way Nick, good luck on your upcoming hunt!!!!

26-Feb-15
So there are exceptions to the rules? I don't believe I am a "shill" Dwayne.

Thanks Chip! We head out next weekend. I plan to run a two bladed bladed broadhead through a big furry Ox!

26-Feb-15
Nick, nor do I believe you are a shill for a company or product so no problem with giving opinions on products.

As Charlie pointed out, follow Rule 5 against advertising and all is well. Most of us having absolutely nothing to gain by giving our opinions on products so I don't see any problems whatsoever.

So that everyone doesn't have to go find Rule 5:

"No Advertising.

This includes both commercial, nonprofit, and classified ads. We have programs available for organizations, commercial businesses, and an extensive FREE classified ad section. Sponsors of the Bowsite and our related sites are granted permission to advertise their goods and services on our conferences.

An ad is defined as any post, topic, or blatant attempt to solicit business. An individual may respond, however, to a question on how to contact a business along with responses to inquiries on products or services. Suspicious contributions will be removed at the staffs' discretion."

Here endeth the lesson for today and now back to the original topic. :)

26-Feb-15
I use Magnus Bullheads but have a Shuttle-T in the quiver in case they want to hang up.

27-Feb-15
Take their heads off. D.O.C. Dead on Contact! with the Bullheads

06-Mar-15
anybody seen these?

I ordered a pack.

The Dead Ringer Kill Switch - mechanical. closed is 1 3/4"

open its 5"

supposed to be good for head and body shots.

150 Grain.

09-Mar-15
Bull heads, Big snuffers, Treesharks, only if your bow is tuned enough to shoot fixed,,,,, if not pretty much any mechanical even the cheapo store brands will work on turkeys.

19-Mar-15
Nick,

Talking about what you use and what has worked or hasn't worked for you in the past is not against the rules. Unless you are the producer or selling those products. If we can't do that.....what's the point of asking any gear questions?

19-Mar-15
Shoot what you like, hit 'em where it counts and you'll kill birds...I shoot what some guys call 'flimsy' mechanicals...I've killed a lot of birds...Shot placement is more key to me than what you shoot..

Everyone pushes what they like, shoot what you like!

19-Mar-15
jak-hammers 1 3/4

14-Apr-15
I like Rage's beyond about 15 yards. I like Bullhead's within that.

This year, a Rage killed a nice tom real dead at 20 yards. The broadhead hit a wing bone on the way in. then it pentrated the chest. The turkey dropped on the spot. But frankly, I was a bit disappointed by the penetration.

In fairness, I was in almost the exact same spot a few years ago. I got complete pass through on a turkey and he ran about 20 yards before dying.

(And one shot with a bullhead dropped on the spot during that same hunt)

14-Apr-15

jcneng's embedded Photo
jcneng's embedded Photo
Magnus Bullhead

14-Apr-15
congrats jcneng!! OFF WITH HEADS!!!

14-Apr-15
Makes for terrible success photos. :-(

14-Apr-15

jcneng's embedded Photo
jcneng's embedded Photo
You can always "put the head back on" for the trophy shot!

15-Apr-15
After seeing some "not so great results" with mechanicals and reading what I wrote before the season, I still stand behind what I say about shooting a coc head just as I would for big game. 99 times a mechanical will prob work it's that 100th time you be saying, "dam!!" But what do I know :-)

15-Apr-15
No offense, Joe, but the same could be said for a fixed blade head when the lack of extra cutting dia. and less than ideal shot placement costs you a bird.

I've had great success with the Spitfire Maxx head this season so far.

15-Apr-15
Shot a tom this morning with a Bullhead for the first time.

Didn't take the head off, but it was hanging on only by a bit of skin.

15-Apr-15
Personally I think using a fixed head for turkeys is along they same lines as using a mechanical for elk. Both will work but they are far from the best option for each specific animal.

26-Apr-15

mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
Our bullheads are cut on contact and DEAD ON CONTACT. Take their heads off.

• Sitka Gear