jerbear 26-Feb-15
Charlie Rehor 26-Feb-15
cityhunter 26-Feb-15
SteveB 26-Feb-15
Cheesehead Mike 26-Feb-15
Jason hunter 26-Feb-15
Darrell 26-Feb-15
26-Feb-15
My buddy and I have hunted elk in NM since 1989. (Well, he joined me in 93 for the first time) Most of our hunts have been in three units that I don't want to name on here. However, I moved out of state a number of years back so drawing a tag together is next to impossible unless we are in the guided pool. (He is still a resident) We would like to put in through the guided pool with a "minimal guided hunt." The cost for the outfitter drops down to $500 per hunter if the application has four applicants. Odds for our third choice in the guided pool are very good. Our first two choices would be "trophy" type hunts with lower odds and the third choice is a unit with lots of elk and an occasional P&Y bull.

The minimal guide hunt has a guide for an evening and a morning hunt. We will be happy to share information in addition to what the outfitter shares about places to hunt, etc. We have lots of good intel on the units we hunt, know hidden water, etc. that we will share.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your email & phone number and we can talk directly about the possibilities.

I haven't posted on here much in the past couple years. However, guys who have been around a long time know me and will vouch for me as I have been on the bowsite since its earliest days. I think anyone who takes us up on our offer will be very thankful for the help as we really do have lots of good areas in each of our units.

26-Feb-15
PM sent.

26-Feb-15
Darrell,

I would be interested in teaming with you if you still have an opening. I have a buddy that would probably be interested as well. My email is [email protected] 303-518-0158

Thanks,

Dale

26-Feb-15
Darrell, 2 of us will do this if you haven't already filled. We hunted 34 a couple of times and the 16's but are most excited about your 3rd choice given the draw odds. We have both hunted elk for 20 years and live in Texas. We can provide references from hunting buddies and past guides. Please call me at 512 626-9300.

26-Feb-15
I would love to do that hunt, when are you going, jerbear

26-Feb-15
I did this in the past but could do it individually! Why do you need four?

26-Feb-15
yea i would think to save a few bucks not worth it good intel is worth a lot these days !!

26-Feb-15
Outfitter charges less for services if there are 4 guys in the group would be my guess.

26-Feb-15
I would guess that the outfitter charges the same but the per hunter cost is less when you can divide it 4 ways rather than 2...

26-Feb-15
My hunting buddy and myself would be very interested. Please contact me at [email protected] or 716-9830702. Thanx Tony

26-Feb-15
Hey guys,

I posted this late last night and then got on a plane first thing this morning. I have a bunch of PMs so it will take me a bit, but I will get back to you. Unfortunately, we only have room for two and we aren't 100% sure we are going this route.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in everyone. Feel free to keep sending PM's as some times these kinds of things take some clear working out. :)

• Sitka Gear