CCOVEY 26-Feb-15
Jaquomo 26-Feb-15
Woods Walker 26-Feb-15
Mule Power 27-Feb-15
scndwfstlhntng 28-Feb-15
Bou'bound 28-Feb-15
greenmountain 28-Feb-15
26-Feb-15
A parcel of land just changed hands in my town. We have a community forum that allows folks to state opinions. A young lady in town stated that the land should remain open to all responsible users In her mind that excludes hunters and trappers. I responded. In the process things escalated. Many responded. It is interesting to note, Those who support hunting, trapping, fishing cited science, those who opposed these activities cited emotion. I found this interesting.

26-Feb-15
Yup, pretty much that way all over.

26-Feb-15
Yup, pretty much that way all over.

26-Feb-15
Humans have been hunting since the dawn of time.

There is no rational reason to no longer hunt, other than it offending a modern conscience: going against all that we are and have been, how we've lived and thought, for all of time (until the 1960s).

26-Feb-15
Bernie Sanders (Vermont Senator) for President:) Just kidding, Vermont is a tuff place for sure! Hope things turn out OK! C

26-Feb-15
People like her aren't playing with a mind that has the normal capabilities to rationalize. Which is why their opinions never line up with the biological side of anything. These type people are oblivious to the results they ask for and don't care when they come to tuition. With no regard to the facts that science proves. They aren't interested in anything but emotional, Disney Land, fairy tales that makes them feel warm and fuzzy. God Bless

26-Feb-15
You must live in Chitteden County. I went to school there (grew up in Orange county) and it was like a whole different world up there. Would be curious to hear what part of VT this is.

26-Feb-15
Here in (increasingly Blue) northern CO, we've had those same dilemmas, since the city and county have bought a couple of huge ranches to preserve as Open Space. After a lot of public comment, they have allowed controlled hunting on part (apply for a permit), and not on others. It's sort of like King Solomon cutting the baby in half, except the non-hunters can also enjoy the half that allows hunting.

In the big State Park near here, they compromised by restricting hunting to weekdays. Seems weekend hikers, mountain bikers, and horseback riders were disturbed by the sight of evil hunters sharing the same trails.

Welcome to the new world of increased urbanization of the general public..

26-Feb-15
!!! Just keep those blue citiots in Coloweedo and out of Wyoming!!

27-Feb-15
I find that hunters are realists. We base our decisions on facts. But anti hunters will avoid and ingore the facts even when presented with them in a professional manner. Also.. they don't realize that we are a part of the natural process of things.

28-Feb-15
What part of Vt are we talking about?

As any resident of Vt knows, the population of Vt, while staying rather special and different ( I say that with knowledge and affection) has also changed with the years. Hunting in this state which was once as culturally ingrained here as anyplace in the East has shifted away due to the change in educational status,economic improvement, and influx of transplants from more southern states.

An "old time" Vt accent is a rarity these days and I miss it. People just aient the way they used to be.

28-Feb-15
She is in the vast majority

28-Feb-15
I live in Richmond. This town is indeed in Chittenden county. I am happy to report that most of my neighbors are practical folks. While many do not hunt they happily ate the venison casserole I made for a recent local event. I feel strongly that we hunters,fishermen and trappers need to present ourselves as thoughtful citizens. I make it a point to share my view of the world with those well educated folks that have never experienced a night in deer camp. It is rewarding to share a night in camp with a person you barely know. Cooking game over a wood fire while getting the camp up to temperature is a great way to take a barrier away. I hope to spend a night in camp soon with a group of my son's friends.

• Sitka Gear