ToddT 27-Feb-15
Inshart 27-Feb-15
IAHUNTER 27-Feb-15
nijimasu 27-Feb-15
Jaquomo 28-Feb-15
pav 28-Feb-15
cityhunter 28-Feb-15
27-Feb-15
I just want to give a shout-out to the Bowsiters who are so willing to share not only information and advice, but also stuff. Time after time we see threads about people giving away things they no longer want or need.

In my case it has happened a number of times. Most recently from Vernon Edeler, who just sent me a mint-condition copy of the 1956 CO Big Game regulations and a road map of the same vintage for my collection. The wife and I are having a great time reading the non-PC stuff.

I've tried to pay it forward as well, and I think it shows what sort of community we have here to continually hear of hunts scheduled, gear given, advice offered by so many Bowsiters who expect nothing in return.

You guys rock!

27-Feb-15

27-Feb-15
Funny you mention the PC stuff. I just got a Copy of a hunters safety booklet from Maine written in 1950. If you got lost the first thing they reccomended was "sit down and smoke a cigarette" so you can calm down and make rational decisions:)

I too have been the beneficiary of a lot of Bowsite generosity!

This September we will be doing a Wounded Warrior Elk hunt and many of you guys have helped make it possible! More to come! C

27-Feb-15
But it's true. It's a great community.

I wish I had more to add. I don't, so I just blabber about dumb stuff.

27-Feb-15
Some of the best guys (and gals I guess, but wouldnt know first hand) that you can meet are on this site.

--Jim

27-Feb-15

27-Feb-15
I even know some guys that would put their stones on the line to help explain hip surgery...o wait...

27-Feb-15
I agree. I mentioned a lost recurve string and a bowsiter mailed me a flemish string he made and another sent me a pair of snowshoes that he wasnt using anymore. Makes me want to dig through my stuff and see what I got extra to help someone out.

27-Feb-15
Funny you say that Charlie because I was just the other evening showing Jeannine the Camel and Malboro cigarette adds in my 50's Sports Afield mags.

I think that those of us with a few more grey hairs in our beards, grew up with little to nothing and find it easier to give back to support those that could use it today. Compassion, that's what drives me any how.

27-Feb-15
RockyD invited me to join him on a whitetail hunt!

Janez

27-Feb-15
Yep, one of the biggest reasons why I stick around - good people.

27-Feb-15
Amen. I have been a recipient of help a number of times and last spring Shug and Treestandwolf both contributed bug tamer gear to my son who was going on his first bear hunt. I have and will continue to pay it forward and am motivated by the generosity of guys like these!

27-Feb-15
I agree...good people here but I'm still waiting for someone to take me under their wing or lead me to a decent OTC Elk spot in CO before I get to old...that's not too much to ask is it?

27-Feb-15
Thank you..

27-Feb-15
shout out to TOM FOSS i did a 3d shoot to raise some coin for st judes hosp folks had to donate 29.80 Tom Donated 298. said he made a mistake . Plus he gave a bunch of gear to a bowsiter who got stranded.

27-Feb-15
Not too sure of the figures you tried to share city but look back at our auction and what he gave away. Second time he's done that alone. He's a humble guy, in the money business. I'd bet he makes few mistakes. You're very correct Tom rules.

27-Feb-15
I remember when Morgan just grasuated kindergarten and was diagnosed with bone Cancer.

The bowsite support was off the hook!

She was offered so many free hunts it was crazy.

Bowsiters are an amazing group of people.

27-Feb-15
I agree Kelly....some darn fine people here! It's kinda funny, how the written word, makes you feel like you know someone, even though you have never met.

27-Feb-15
My first bow compound bow came from a BowsiteR

27-Feb-15
When my son had an auto accident numerous individuals sent gifts and cash to help. Kelly Harris actually bought him a new crossbow because my son wasn't able to use his regular bow. I still think of all the generosity almost every day, but especially in the fall, during hunting season. Thanks to everyone.

27-Feb-15
Remember the support from bowsiters when bigdan's son passed away - "just don't get no better"

27-Feb-15
Moved across the country and knew one person when I moved to CO. Put up a post and made new friends immediately. Can't say enough great things about the people I have met here.

27-Feb-15
Here, here. Thank you, Bowsite.

28-Feb-15
IAHUNTER, we're going to get a bull for you this year!

28-Feb-15
This midwestern flatlander might have never experienced bowhunting western big game if not for Bowsite and the good folks here willing to share their knowledge and experiences.

Pre-Bowsite, I was content taking a couple trips per year for whitetails and turkey. At 40 years old, had never even laid eyes on the Rocky Mountains.

Since finding Bowsite, I have eight DIY western big game bowhunts under my belt, plus Alaska....and have arrowed four different big game species on those trips.

I can honestly say that Bowsiters generated the motivation to go for it...and most definitely contributed to the success of those hunts. To date, I have introduced three other midwestern bowhunters to western big game hunting...and none of that would have happened without Bowsite.

28-Feb-15
Herman and Judy Kovar APlus for our passion !!

• Sitka Gear