LUNG$HOT 26-Mar-15
Charlie Rehor 26-Mar-15
Drahthaar 26-Mar-15
Mark Watkins 29-Mar-15
SteveB 29-Mar-15
venisonjunky 29-Mar-15
elmer@laptop 29-Mar-15
26-Mar-15
During the first week of February, someone stole the United Bowhunters of Missouri utility trailer out of my front yard. This trailer contained all the club's archery equipment, merchandise and some irreplaceable club memorabilia. We have little hope of recovering any of the items taken so life goes on. Through the power of social media, though, many folks were made aware of our misfortune and responded with kind words and donations to help us replace our stuff. What follows is a standout example of this kindness. Early last week, a lady named Jackie Green called me and said that she had heard about the United Bowhunters of Missouri trailer and archery equipment being stolen. Her uncle, Don Carver, had just passed away and the family wanted to donate some money to the UBM in his memory. Mr. Carver was an avid bowhunter and a competition shooter of some renown with him winning the world championship three times in the barebow class. Unbeknownst to me, he lived the last part of his life in Fair Grove, MO near where I live. Last night, Jackie and her mother, Don's sister, came to my house and gave me $1000 in cash. Just to have the family think about our club was touching enough but to have them display this kind of generosity was incredible. They also gave me these two pictures of Don and I promised that I would put them up and spread the word about their kind deed done in his honor. Darren Haverstick President - United Bowhunters of Missouri

photo DonCarver-1_zpscrfiynkx.jpg  photo DonCarver-2_zpsn5vcajid.jpg

26-Mar-15
Great story.

26-Mar-15
Outstanding! Hopefully through social media your trailer or the thieves that stole it will be found and justice will prevail!

26-Mar-15
Wow, that is a great story and cool pics of Don too! What T Mac said times 2!!

26-Mar-15
Great story! Always Happy to hear there are still a few great people left in this fallen world. Looks like Don was quite the archer.

26-Mar-15
Excellent, keep an eye out your "stuff" may appear some where! C

26-Mar-15
That's a great way to remember a fellow bowman. Forrest

29-Mar-15
A great story! Keep passing it on! Good Morning America could use something like this story!

Mark

29-Mar-15
Giving....that's what real sportsmen do! Thanks for sharing this and good luck with recovering the equipment.

29-Mar-15
Great story ! Hope they catch the guys that stole your stuff .

29-Mar-15
Cool

• Sitka Gear