JTreeman 27-Mar-15
Ermine 27-Mar-15
ben h 27-Mar-15
newhunter1 27-Mar-15
Backpack Hunter 30-Mar-15
PMcGee 30-Mar-15
newhunter1 01-Apr-15
27-Mar-15
I'm looking at the Kifaru duplex frame with the mountain rambler as my system for next hunting season.

I want to know if the duplex will be able to carry my treestand, 4 XOP sticks and all my gear for public land hunting.

I have the eblerstock J105 and it just does not work as far comfort.

27-Mar-15
I just got the rambler. I am certainly no expert, so take my info with a grain of salt. Call and talk to Aron at kifaru. He will tell you straight, but here is my 2 cents.

I think the duplex would be great for hauling that gear. I'm not sure the rambler would be exactly right for that. It seems to me with my limited experience that it would be a bit hard to load the stand/steps easily the way the pack is set-up. I think you should look at the load sling. If you are looking for some storage besides the sling you can add pockets or a lid to fit your needs. I bought the sling as well as the rambler and see it better for what you describe.

That's my opinion, take it for what it is.

--Jim

27-Mar-15
Kifaru duplex will carry more weight than your body can physically handle

27-Mar-15
I don't have the rambler, but I do have a DT1 and with the grab-it it will for sure handle that plus your deer. The meat hauler carries items a little better, but for 90% of the time the grab-it does just fine and is pretty cheap.

27-Mar-15
If I got the frame and the longbow lid would that be as minimal as I could get? I haven't seen the load sling. Let me look at that.

30-Mar-15
The frame will be good to go for what you are wanting to carry. I have no experience with the Mountain Rambler. The most minimal setup I can think of would be the Grab It and a lash kit......probably something else out there though.

30-Mar-15

PMcGee's MOBILE embedded Photo
PMcGee's MOBILE embedded Photo

I use my BT2 all the time to carry my stand.

01-Apr-15
Well I had to cry, because I bought the Duplex Platform Frame And Suspension, Cargo Panel, 2 long pockets, 2 belt pockets and the longhunter top lid. After speaking with Aron, he suggested that 2 pockets and the cargo panel. I'll be able to carry my treestnad, sticks, kill kit, and other necessary gear. This will lighten my load up.

Now, does anyone want to buy an eblerstock J105, a predator brown HBS with accessories, and a warmbag.

• Sitka Gear