Ace of Spades 30-Mar-15
wyobullshooter 30-Mar-15
x-man 30-Mar-15
bnt40 30-Mar-15
JB 30-Mar-15
bo hntr9 30-Mar-15
Barty1970 31-Mar-15
30-Mar-15
Since there have been several target panic threads, and many of us have had it, it might be kind of fun and encouraging to those suffering from it, to share our stories of our worst disasters.

I tried shooting with a thumb release early on to see if it would help after 40 years of shooting with fingers. I had TP bad, when I hit full draw I released, hoping my pin was somewhere close to what I wanted to hit. I brought the release to full draw, and turned loose of it! It richoched off my riser, leaving a mark, back off the cable guard, into the rest bending it, then wound up behind me about 10 ft. I never did find the arrow.

I have a few more, but maybe some of you can chime in with your worst wrecks. And I am happy to say I eventually beat it, and shoot better than ever now.

30-Mar-15
I shot the basement wall when I was shooting fingers. Ruined a brand new XX75. A clicker straightened my issue right out though! I hunted with the clicker for about 15 years before going to a release. Worked fine. No issues since but I do shoot a back tension release on occassion to stay honest, and hunting is with an index finger unit.

30-Mar-15
my best buddy in Oklahoma Rick Embry is a stone cold big buck KILLER.... but he is also a smart-phone slayer as well.... Somehow he was trying to film himself while shooting, and I think a bad case of TP kicked in and he shot his phone right in the glass....

Now that was funny...

30-Mar-15
Had a friend in MN who was in his house and tried just drawing and aiming at a porcelain figuring on a shelf. Yup, he couldn't hold it and busted it all to pieces.

30-Mar-15
I was shooting 60 yards one time getting ready for an elk hunt and I rushed the shot and sent my 510 grain FMJ with a muzzy 3 blade on it through my parents wooden garage door... Arrow was fine, blades were tweaked a little though.. Luckily the arrow missed my dads motorcycle.. Looked like I had paper tuned, but with plywood instead lol.

Josh

30-Mar-15
Unfortunately, I had it for so long I had alot of train wrecks. ;-(

We were at a 3D shoot and I was struggling, as usual. Point value went down with each subsequent arrow, but you could shoot up to 3 arrows per target if you missed. About 10 targets into the shoot, we came to a deer target that was about 30yds out. After I missed the 1st shot, I took the 2nd. After I missed the 2nd shot, I took the 3rd. After I missed the 3rd shot, I simply started walking off the course.

My buddies asked me if I wanted help looking for my arrows. My embarrassed reply was that it would be a waste of time, since I had absolutely NO idea where to even look. They ended up in the next county for all I knew. Thank God those days are far behind me!!!

30-Mar-15
I watched a guy hit the ceiling of our club three times in one night during indoor league. That's as bad as I've ever seen in person. Luckily I've been able to keep my own demons at bay.

30-Mar-15
Juspassin that made me laugh. I have many. Almost let the bow go instead of the arrow. Bounced an arrow off the driveway into the leg of 3d target.

30-Mar-15

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
I don't think the picture needs any explanation. Other than the fact that I was aiming for the target - not the sign. Amazingly, that arrow survived. As opposed to the numerous arrow that I never did find.

30-Mar-15
Got the yips really bad during indoor league. Shot the florescent lights on the ceiling. Don't shoot indoors anymore.

31-Mar-15
TP-Anonymous

• Sitka Gear