Mad_Angler 25-Apr-15
David Alford 25-Apr-15
Spinedoc 27-Apr-15
writer 28-Apr-15
Mad_Angler 29-Apr-15
writer 29-Apr-15
21-Apr-15

Mad_Angler's Link
I don't want to hijack another thread...

I have really wanted one of these since they came out. It is $600. But my 50th birthday is this summer and my wife said that I can have whatever I want.

So, has anyone actually used the decoy? Does it work? Is it worth it?

21-Apr-15
Mad angler I have not used it but know someone who has who has killed a few nice bucks over it and had plenty more (smaller ones) come into it. There's a few reviews and stories on AT .

21-Apr-15
wow looks good but 600 ? How sturdy is it? Will it take a beating by a buck and hold up? For that kind of money it better be close to bullet proof.

22-Apr-15
I was looking at that one last year. I have an old Redi Doe modified with real antlers and has been working great the last few years. But I did want a slightly larger one and one that's a bit more quiet to setup. The Redi Doe is hollow and it's impossible not to make some noise with it.

I went with the Carry Lite, which was on sale last fall at Sportsmans Guide. All other buck decoys I looked at had problems. The Scarface plastic is just terrible looking and it requires a big metal stake. The Flambeau's, the flocked and non-flocked, were real front end heavy.

I liked the DSD, but to me, the price was not worth it because of mobility purposes. I also think the size and body posture would scare off most of the bucks in my area. If I hunted a location with good mature buck numbers, I do think it would be a good one.

25-Apr-15
I have a DSD jake and hen decoys. They seemed quite expensive when I bought them.

But so far this year, three nice toms have jogged right in to the decoys.

I haven't thought about the price lately...

If the deer decoy brings in one nice deer, I'll probably forget about the price of it too..

25-Apr-15
I have one, but haven't used it long enough to have results. Modified it for mule deer.

Yes, it is very well built, even bullet proof. It is also very realistic, so much so that if you doze off and glance around and see the decoy, you're pulse rate will skyrocket because you think you've got a buck right there.

The main negative is the weight. Not for running and gunning that's for sure. But one person can take it out to an area within 1/4 mile no big deal. Get the ground options (a small frame) in case the ground is frozen.

With the DSD I lay the buck on the ground and cover it with a tarp or push back in some bushes when not being used. I don't think you would be inclined to keep moving it around such as from your stand to the truck for every hunt.

What I would really like to see is an inflatable decoy than is a few notches above what we have today as I do like to move around.

27-Apr-15
I have one and it is pretty cool. Had plenty of encounters but nothing I'd want to shoot.

28-Apr-15
Mad - you know you're getting old when your wife says you can have whatever you want and you immediately think of a new deer decoy?

:-)

29-Apr-15
writer. I said it was my 50th birthday. After 50,everyone knows that all of those activities stop. All you can do is walk slowly to a treestand and hunt deer.

Actually, I'll be so old that I don't know if I'll even be able to carry a DSD decoy...

:)

29-Apr-15
"After 50,everyone knows that all of those activities stop"

Please don't tell that to my 56-year-old wife, Mad. :-)

• Sitka Gear