dm/wolfskin 24-Apr-15
Machias 24-Apr-15
dm/wolfskin 24-Apr-15
Machias 24-Apr-15
dm/wolfskin 24-Apr-15
drycreek 24-Apr-15
Machias 25-Apr-15
22-Apr-15
For you folks that run feeder lights at your feeders, which ones do you like and when you put a feeder light on a feeder they are already using does it take them some time to get used to it? If so, typically how long? Thanks!

22-Apr-15
Why use lights? Animals can see very well at night. Hope you're talking pigs, not deer.

22-Apr-15
Um this is in the hog section for a reason. Yes Hog and I'm hunting them AT night!

22-Apr-15
Go to Harbor Freight and get their solar charged security light. Motion sensor or on/off. Go to Hobby Lobby and get a pack of colored plastic film to put in the light. Put all on a 8' 4x4 and aim the light under your feeder. I've had two of these working for over a year with no issues. I should add that you can rig all this up for $75 or so.

22-Apr-15
Awesome, thanks, once you started using them did it take your pigs very long to get used to it?

22-Apr-15
Machias

Drycreek is right but make sure your lights are Red If you are using a motion sensor, on off type deal White will Greek them out

We use solar lights (white) that come on at dark and stay on

We got ours at lowes or home Not expensive at all. Add lights until you get desired amount

We have one feeder that is hard wired with a pretty bright white light It has a day night sensor on it too

Our animals never missed a beat getting used to the light

The deer seem to actually like hanging around and near the hard wired one

Good luck

22-Apr-15
Machias, the red film on the light made it easy for deer and hogs to get used to it, but it has now faded to the point that the light is virtually white. I have seen deer shy away when it comes on , but hogs seem to take no notice of it. I keep cameras on both feeders and I have seen pics of blurred deer butts several times, but the hog pics show the hogs are unaffected. Guess they like corn more than they are afraid of the lights.

22-Apr-15

Machias's embedded Photo
Machias's embedded Photo
Ok, I have a sounder of about 20+ coming in on a regular basis. Last night I rigged up a headlamp I have with a red lens. Pretty soft light, just barely enough light for me to shoot. The sounder came in at 11 but stayed about 15 yards away. They did not sound alarmed as they were scratching on trees and sounded relaxed, but did not come in. I thought I was going to get to zip an arrow threw one. :o)

23-Apr-15
Sorry, didn't notice the pig forum box. Shoot them all.

23-Apr-15
:o) No worries!

23-Apr-15
Who has bow hunted at night? I wanna know how you see your target ( even lighted up )? I know sights have lights, mine does, but I never use it. It's to bright at that witching hour and lose any vision beyond it. I have 2, 300+ hogs a boar and sow that I only get pics of from 11-2 at night ( NEVER daylight hours ) I would love to knock them down. The boar is all black but the sow is white with black spots. I think she would be easier to silhouette for a shot.

23-Apr-15
There are several videos on YouTube. I hunted Tuesday night and could clearly see my lighted sightpins in the red light I had set up.

24-Apr-15
Also I should have mentioned yesterday, my bowsight light has a high and low setting, I can only see my target clearly on the low setting.

24-Apr-15
I use a green light on my longbow. This is a cut wheat field with soybeans drill in it.

24-Apr-15
Wild video!!

24-Apr-15

dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
The camera was mounted beside my light on my longbow. The end results.

24-Apr-15
Nice! The area I'm hunting is way too thick for spot and stalk but I'll be sitting on the bait all night tonight! Hopefully I can finally share a harvest photo tomorrow!

24-Apr-15

Here's a little better picture of another sow with my set up.

24-Apr-15
Kudos to you dm, you are smitin' them rooters !

25-Apr-15
Sat in my stand last night from 1930 until 0400. Had a large group of hogs come past the bait at 2220, they came within 20 yards but none came into the bait. Then they came back through at 0210 and until 0245 I literally had hogs all around me, but none came into the bait. I have them on my trail camera on my bait almost every night, but so far the two nights I have sat on the bait they have not come into the bait.

• Sitka Gear