greenmountain 25-Apr-15
carcus 25-Apr-15
Bou'bound 25-Apr-15
Jaquomo 25-Apr-15
r-man 25-Apr-15
spike78 25-Apr-15
spike78 25-Apr-15
24-Apr-15
Just bought a new bow. A Darton 4500. First compound bow I have owned in about 15-18? years. My plan is to shoot it with fingers and keep it as simple as possible. I have a Whisker Biscuit rest on it and have ordered a IQ 5 pin sight with the retina lock on it. I plan to shoot without a peep and thought the retina lock would help with that.

Any recommendations for a good bow quiver. Any advice on set up/ tuning?

24-Apr-15
what draw weight? what arrows? what type or weight point, and is your fletching straight off set ? as that's the best choice through a biscuit . are you using a tab or glove . these devises can alter your nock height , 3 under or split ?as for the quiver and one works as long as its not mounted it wont mater .

25-Apr-15
I was surprised recently when I heard someone say they liked the whisker biscuit shooting fingers. I was never happy with it. I shoot the old nap center rest. I agree you need the side support to soot consistently. Enjoy experimenting!

25-Apr-15
Probably the best choice you could have made for a finger shooter, if you don't like the 80% let off I'm pretty sure it can be changed to 65% with different mods, you would have to contact darton. IMO the 80% should be fine, my ds3800 always felt like it had less than the advertised letoff and a short valley, and the 3800 and 4500 have the same cam

25-Apr-15
A release does not complicate things it enhances them you can keep your rig something and I suggest you do

25-Apr-15
DiamondD, I did the same thing a few years ago when I bought a compound. Got a Mathews with 40" ATA for finger shooting. I tried all sorts of things, different rest, different letoff, but was never able to achieve the kind of consistent accuracy I wanted. (I actually didn't get the same consistency I get with my longbows and recurves).

Finally took everyone else's advice, got a release, and the accuracy and consistency improved dramatically.

IMO it's much more difficult to achieve a good back tension release required for finger release with a high letoff bow, especially with a valley. Some can get it, but most can't. Back in the early '70s I had an old 4-wheel Carroll that was great with fingers. But it only had about 20% letoff.

25-Apr-15
I to shot with a release with compounds, it was night and day for accuracy .

25-Apr-15
I used to shoot fingers with an old school Pearson Spoiler and shot it very well. I decided to try a release when I bought my next bow and developed instant target panic and shot worse but since the bow was a short ATA I couldnt go back to fingers with it. Today im shooting an Elite bow with release still and never really kicked the TP. Moral is if it aint broke dont fix it. Still comtemplate going back to fingers today.

25-Apr-15
I did well with a hunter supreme rest.

• Sitka Gear