WapitiBob 27-Apr-15
Bou'bound 27-Apr-15
12yards 27-Apr-15
Hunting5555 28-Apr-15
60X Strings 28-Apr-15
R. Hale 28-Apr-15
Yellowjacket 28-Apr-15
26-Apr-15
Anticipating my first ever Hoyt in a few weeks and I'm curious what the Hoyt shooters think and or how many others opt to change out stock strings right away?

26-Apr-15
The stock string is good. A custom string might be a bit better but most of us are not skilled enough to see the benefit.

26-Apr-15
all hoyts, bear and pse's compounds I have owned had great strings, when I replaced them I bought strings from them, oh and liked most others what ever they where. the exception is when I buy a recurve, there factor strings suck crap.

26-Apr-15
My team partners podium strings are moving all over the place. Everybody I know has changed their strings except one guy, who happens to be the hoyt rep.

27-Apr-15
X2 - greenmountain

Most bows, and their riggings, shoot better than we're capable of shooting them on hunts.

I wonder how we killed so much great stuff 30 years ago?

27-Apr-15
Bowtech and I believe PSE stock strings come out of Meeker, Colorado here. Rocky Mountain Bowstrings.

My Mathews had a Zebra String originally, now I shoot a Winner's Choice on it which is an upgrade over the Zebra...

Not sure who provides Hoyt the factory strings.

27-Apr-15
Hoyt makes their own strings. I shot with the engineer that designed and made their new machines a few years ago. The first ones off were pretty good. Not so much now.

27-Apr-15
I have had excellent luck with the current Hoyt strings (of past 10 years) and flat our refusre to spend 1200 on a bow and then scrap the string and spend another 100. The string will perform better than you can. how much better do you think a custom is? 10% 25% 50%? what would it have to be as a % better to get you to trash it and up the cost of your new bow $100

27-Apr-15
I only begrudgingly change strings. Always shot fine with the stock ones on my Hoyts.

28-Apr-15
It's not that a custom string will shoot better.....

Some guys claim to get an increase in speed, Some claim their bow shoots smoother, etc....

Personally, I can't say I've experienced those benefits, but where I have experienced improvement is in the stretching, twisting and durability realm.

I have always had issues with factory strings twisting and never had an issue with custom strings.

I have a bow with a custom string that is about 4 years old at this point. The peep hasn't moved since the day I installed it! Last time I checked, the ATA hadn't even increased 1/16".

Personally can't speak for Hoyt factory strings, never owned one, but if it were me, I'd shoot the factory for a month or two and then install custom when the peep starts twisting. (That's assuming it doesn't twist from day one!)

28-Apr-15

60X Strings's Link
Factory strings are hit and miss. We've seen some that held up very well and others not so well. This is with most brands and not just hoyt. I usually tell people to give the factory strings a chance and go from there.

28-Apr-15
When I get a new bow I shoot it so much that new strings are required in a few months. Then I go with aftermarket strings. No way I would replace them until worn out.

28-Apr-15
I shoot factory strings. Oh wait, the factory strings on my Elite are Winner's Choice.

• Sitka Gear