Show-Me Greg 20-May-15
6x6 bull 20-May-15
Brun 20-May-15
expeditiontraders 21-May-15
Bill in MI 21-May-15
Reflex 21-May-15
Zackman 21-May-15
27-Apr-15
There are no strings attached. I am trying to move to a regular member and I have to recruit 5 new members. Please PM me your name, address, and email and I will do the rest. Thanks.

27-Apr-15
You're a good man Eric! Looking forward to our Moose hunt together!!

27-Apr-15
Very nice gesture, and a great guy! Thank you for doing this!

27-Apr-15
Seriously?

The "Club Involvement" criteria for regular membership has been reduced to a $200 donation?

27-Apr-15
Outstanding.... Ed F

27-Apr-15
pm sent

Great gesture!

27-Apr-15
pm sent.

Thanks

27-Apr-15
Pm Sent. Thanks,

27-Apr-15
It nevers ceases to amaze me how varied many peoples perceptions of a given course of action can be......

27-Apr-15
Great offer!

27-Apr-15
pm sent

27-Apr-15
Nicely done expedition! 5 new members is 5 new members!

"You are either green and growing or you are brown and dying."

Mark

27-Apr-15
would 20 make you a senior member?

serious question, I don't know what the thresholds are for the levels.

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15
I have about 20 reequests. I will honor them all and will be reachng out to you to,confirm in the next few days. I am sorry for the slow response. Unfortunately, work is getting in the way.

Take care.

27-Apr-15
membership levels oh my

27-Apr-15
The Club does not require anyone to recruit new members for advancement to Regular Membership.

Participation in the membership drive and achieving the five member level is just one of many things that could be used in part to exhibit “sufficient Club involvement”. Other examples of Club involvement could be volunteering as a committee member, measurer, convention volunteer and on and on.

Offering to pay for 5 – 20 new members to experience the Club and all that it does for bowhunting is fantastic. Imagine how fast the Club would grow if every member recruited just one new member a year. The Club would grow from about 7,000 members to 56,000 in three years.

I will pay for one new member to join. I ask that you are a new member (never have belonged to the Club). PM me.

Anyone else?

-Jeff

27-Apr-15
Another outstanding gesture Jeff... Keeping on track with "Sharing the Passion", the first one to PM me their info (new member), I'll pay for their first year. Ed F

27-Apr-15
Great gesture

27-Apr-15
I will pay 1'2 of a 3 yr. membership you pay the other and tell me what you are going to do for the club. Stan

27-Apr-15
As a newer member I have to ask. Why does the thread owner think he has to get 5 new members to become a regular member? Are the membership requirements so complicated for him to think this?

27-Apr-15

W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
Im in...

Ill also do (5) memberships for new members only. PM me, or expeditiontraders, Ill cover some of the ones you received.

Awesome idea.

Scott

27-Apr-15
Advancing from an associate member to a senior level has several requirements. I am not sure as to all of them. They are on the webs site if you are interested at Pope-Young.org.

This is from the email I got from the membership chairman:

" Below are the links for the requirements to be eligible to apply for Regular Membership. As you read this information, please keep in mind that the Club Involvement criteria in Requirement #2 can currently be met by participating in the Share the Passion! Membership Drive and by signing up five new members. The added benefit is that you will receive an exclusive Buck knife with the Club’s logo engraved on the blade. The three species requirement does not mean three record book entries -- only one record book animal is required. The three different species means that you have taken one of each regardless of trophy quality. Please consider completing the Regular Membership Application using the link below. If you do not know a current Regular or Senior Member (required for sponsorship) please let the Club office know and they will put you in touch with members in your area."

My interest in the regular membership is to have voting rights.

I have send PM's to 22 folks that were kind enough to volunteer to join the club. Unfortunately, I could not fill out the applications as it requires a signature.

I will honor all 22. You will simply have to complete the application and email it back to me. I have put a link in the PM I send everyone.

The good news is that the club will have 22 new members.

Thanks to all and have a great season.

I am really looking forward to hunting moose with Bigpizzaman next year.

In the meantime, I will be hunting bear with Mike's Outfitting and I have a trip to Greenland for musk ox and caribou.

Life is good.

BTW, the Hoyt Nitrum is spectacular.

27-Apr-15
Chip T.... did you read Jeff Pals post? It's explained... Medicine man's post says a lot as well. It's as simple as Sharing the Passion. .. Ed F

27-Apr-15
I'll accept Jeff Pals challenge and also pay for a new member,just PM me..

27-Apr-15
Ed, Would there be anyway to send the P & Y club some money for new members mentioning a sponsors name? Say a guy wanted to give memberships to 10 new joiners, could the club take care of it on their end once they got the money? David

27-Apr-15
Great going guys!

Amazed it is not all positive. Guess you cannot please everyone.

27-Apr-15
I just joined. I am looking forward to ethic magazine.

27-Apr-15
David, I'd think that is possible. Just call the office and hit them up. I'll tell you right now the P&Y Club is not going to turn down any generous offer like that... I'm getting chills reading this thread.... Ed F

27-Apr-15
Ed, P & Y is happy to give it a try! The 1rst 10 Bowsiters that call in can get a free annual membership by mentioning my name & they might need my membership number which is A200404201, David

27-Apr-15
I paid for a buddy online and it didn't require a signature or anything. It did take a couple of times to process the payment, but when it did it gave me a confirmation screen and email.

This is pretty easy. You will need to get the guys Name, Address, phone, email, and answers to the 3 questions listed on the membership application.

Great to see so many guys sharing the passion!!

I wouldn't say most of the comments above were negative as much as wanting information. Honestly, I questioned how sponsoring 5 new members would have anything to do with advancing to regular member...and we were quickly informed why it is very relevant...learn something new every day:)

Keep up the good work guys!!

Matt

27-Apr-15
Wow, another example of what the Bowsite is all about-amazing generosity towards perfect strangers. Mr. Edwareds ("Genesis") just hooked me up. A SINCERE Thank You. I will find a way to 'Pay It Forward'... DK

27-Apr-15
Expedition, what a great offer. You're likely to get several takers, I would suggest when making your choices a commitment from them to make an honest effort to continue the membership.

Interesting, I'm a newbie and joined last year. When I joined (on line) I was asked for the names of two members who would sponsor me.

A month or two ago I bought a membership for a buddy of mine, when I signed him up there was no requirement for a sponsor? Has that been waived recently?

Seems the new Board has been shaking things up a bit and changing some things. So far I've seen nothing but positive. The AZ convention was my first, I thought it was very successful.... and by all accounts I heard from veteran members....nearly unanimous the best one they had ever attended.

Speaks good things for the club.

27-Apr-15
Hope it takes off like the ice bucket challenge. Better get my 2017 convention tickets now. Lol. Lots of new members it appears. Awesome.

27-Apr-15
TD---I am part of the membership committee and the references were discussed. It was recommended to remove this requirement for general membership because it was an extra step that made it a more difficult to join quickly. I know I had several buddies that didn't want to inconvenience someone by listing them as a reference so they didn't join. The board moved forward with the recommendation. Hope it removes an potential roadblock for new members.

Also, great point on encouraging guys to continue on after their first year. Also, if you see value in the club like many of us do you will pay it forward like dkidaho mentioned above and sign up another buddy. It would be awesome to see these grass roots efforts move the membership needle like we know they could!!

Matt

27-Apr-15
dkidaho,check your PM

Steve

27-Apr-15
I think membership fees after that....is $45.00 a year ??? to keep active ....is that right?

"qdm" above posted a Very Good Question!!!!

27-Apr-15
What do I need to do to join?

27-Apr-15
Headhunter: One year membership is $40. Three year is $100 and if you enter a trophy at the same time the one year membership is reduced to $20! Great work guys! C

27-Apr-15
DL you asked: "What do I need to do to join?"

You can click this link to join:

https://www.pope-young.org/members/join.asp

27-Apr-15
PY only has 7000 members ?

27-Apr-15
Outstanding...

27-Apr-15
Awesome stuff guys

27-Apr-15
Sticksender thanks for the link. I filled it out and am now a member.

28-Apr-15
I will join this as well. The first three guys to PM me with their info, I will buy the first year of membership. I just ask--like mentioned above--that you seriously consider staying a member and renew when next year comes around.

28-Apr-15
Fantastic snowball rolling here!

28-Apr-15
Zackman, I'll take you upon that offer.

28-Apr-15
Reflex, You are #3. Please PM me your info: address, email, name, phone, etc. Thanks for your interest in Pope & Young!

And thanks to the previous guys for taking the lead on this

Zack

28-Apr-15
Sadly, the understanding of the words "kindness and generosity" is disappearing from our society and culture.

28-Apr-15
To offer to pay the membership fees for several bowhunters to join Pope and Young is a class act. That alone should tell you all you need to know about the caliber of people who are P&Y members and why you should be a member as well.

29-Apr-15
As I said earlier.... my first P&Y event ever.

But I will say without a doubt the people I met there were some of the finest folks you could meet anywhere. The place oozed integrity and.... passion.

A very unique gathering of like minded individuals.

And the bowsite folks X2.

29-Apr-15
If there is an opening left for a sponsored membership, I would very much like to join. Please consider my request and thank you for your generosity and support of bowhunting.

Best wishes, Fisher

29-Apr-15
Fisher send me a pm with your info and I will sponsor you and take care of your first year.

deerhaven

29-Apr-15
I'm still waiting to sponsor someone... PM me your info and I'll get you signed up for your first year... Ed F

29-Apr-15
This is a great opportunity to get more bowhunters involved. Thanks Eric for getting this going and thanks to all who have participated. I will sponsor a few as well if there are still some who haven't signed up yet. Every hard core bowhunter should be a member. No excuses. Jim

29-Apr-15
Good work guys!!

29-Apr-15
To the fellas donating the new memberships, great way to promote our sport. If a person has an animal or several that would make book, do you have them officially measured & submit that information with membership fee to get the $20 fee?

29-Apr-15
Still a few pre-paid spots for membership if you want to call P&Y at 507-867-4144 & ask for Karla. Mention my name & she'll get you signed up! David

29-Apr-15
Welcome aboard Drifter.... one of Pope and Youngs newest members... Ed F

29-Apr-15
I can't thank you enough Ed, and I promise to continue the membership. One of the deciding factors for me was the video "Journey of Challenge" put together by Pope and Young and the PBS. People need to see it. Thanks again!

29-Apr-15
ahunter55: That is exactly right! It's done when the animal is entered and your Measurer has the form. C

29-Apr-15
Ed u can sponsor my application for Idaho !!!

29-Apr-15
Thanks to three of P&Y's newest members for their interest in joining the club:

6x6 bull, kidwalker, Reflex

I hope you get as much enjoyment out of being members as I have. Remember, you get out of it, what you put into it! Thanks

29-Apr-15
I'm in, thanks to David aka "Drnaln".

Man a lot of classy people on this site.

30-Apr-15
Expeditiontrader, you are welcome to borrow my arctic clothing XL for your musk ox hunt if you need any-- just PM me-- great thread you started--

30-Apr-15
We can all welcome Fisher as our newest member to P&Y!! This is a great thread Expeditiontrader. Thanks for starting it and hope it stays up for awhile.

Mike

30-Apr-15
I've been on the fence about joining for a while but after seeing this post a couple of days ago, I joined immediately. Kudos to all of you guys that are extending the invitation out to new members.

01-May-15
Congratulations to all new P&Y members. You're joining a great organization. Welcome to the club!

01-May-15
Thanks for the kind offer Clutch. I have already done the spring musk ox hunt. This hunt takes place late July/August. It will not be that cold.

I don't think my body could survive another 5 days bouncing around on the sled.

Life is good.

I sent in all of the application I have yesterday. Folks should be receiving their membership kits in a few weeks,

Thanks to all.

20-May-15
Eric,

Today I got my official email about becoming a P&Y member! Thanks a ton for offering this chance to become a member! Great way to play it forward!

Phil

20-May-15
Got my email starting my membership today as well. Thank you Eric, Dave

20-May-15
Eric,

I also got an email saying my membership packet is on the way.

Thanks again, Greg

20-May-15
I got my email today saying that I am a new member thanks to Zackman. Very nice thing that you guys did for all of us sitting on the fence. I hope to see everyone at the Convention in St. Louis.

20-May-15
Expedititiontraders. Who are hunting with in Greenland? I have an old friend from Sweden who is guiding some of those. Probably a longshot, but his name is Anders Geiger[ sp?] I don't know how to get in touch with him, but if you met him on your last trip or on the next would you pease PM me or just put in in the thread. I'd love to contact him. Thanks and thanks for what you are doing.

21-May-15
I am hunting with Frank Feldman. I am not sure who my guide will be.

21-May-15
Eric, I received my email confirmation for P&Y.

Thank you again.

Bill

21-May-15
Zackman, I too have received an email confirming my new membership from P&Y. I sincerely appreciate it.

Marty

21-May-15
Great to see all the new members! Glad to have everyone involved in the best pro-bowhunting organization out there

• Sitka Gear