Bou'bound 27-May-15
sundowner 27-May-15
ELKMAN 28-May-15
CT bow junkie 01-Jun-15
TD 01-Jun-15
PAbowhunter1064 02-Jun-15
B4LITE 02-Jun-15
27-Apr-15
Doing away with my design wraps and gonna run solid flo yellow wraps but cant decide if I wanna run 3 black vanes or two yellow and a black.. If yall run something similar can you post up some photos

27-Apr-15
This is a really big desicion. I hope you get some help with the question.

As for me, I worry less about how fancy my equipment looks and more about how well I'm able to use it.

27-Apr-15
You mean like are my fancy arrows hitting where I am aiming?

27-Apr-15
Fletch one up and see if you like it.

27-Apr-15
Between those two options, I would go with 2 flo yellow and one black. It's important to see where your arrow hits and having all black will really be hard to see imho.

27-Apr-15
OFFNHNTN is right on. Black is probably the hardest of all fletching to see in my opinion. I'd only recommend it for things like polar bear and mountain goat because it shows up better on their white coats.

27-Apr-15
I like hot pink for the purpose of finding my arrow after the shot. Not much out there that's pink. It sticks out to the human eye. From what I have read deer and elk don't see the red end of the cool spectrum as well as like blue

Personally I think black would not be a good color for hunting. 3-d and target..sure but not for hunting.

Finding your arrow after the shot is important for determining a hit or hit placement etc.

27-Apr-15
Actually nick I could careless how "fancy" my arrows are hence why I'm getting rid of the design wraps I ask for arrow recovery and sight on arrow impact

27-Apr-15
If you are shooting 3-d, Black is great for keeping your opponent from following your arrow if you are shooting well. I call them "un-friendly" arrows. As mentioned, black is a great for not being able to see the arrow. For hunting it would be bad, but for target practice, I think it is the best color to use. You don't want to see your arrow fly, you want to focus on the target and have proper follow thru. Can't do that if you are watching your arrow. Bad habits are formed and poor form tends to come from watching your arrow. Most guys play "peek-a-boo" when watching flight. They move the bow out of the way so they can see. Doesn't take much movement to affect arrow flight. As you can see, I am a real big advocate of not watching arrow flight. Eventually, you learn to see the arrow in flight, but to begin, focus on the target. Seeing comes in time.

As far as the color combo... I had some black and yellow vanes on arrows once. I liked the combo. I dubbed them my bumble bee arrows. I even crested them yellow and black.

Pink.... real men don't shoot pink... they shoot bubble gum.

27-Apr-15

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Yea I'm definitly not a real man that's forsure.

27-Apr-15
Iv been running yellow for a few years now really like it for recovery reasons I also run hot pink to during October for breast cancer awareness and donate $20 for everything I kill with a pink arrow just a little thing me and some buddies started to do

27-Apr-15

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Wow, that could get pricy if you killed a bunch of stuff. How have you liked the pink vanes when shooting them at game?

Here are some black ones I used for a few months.

27-Apr-15
I like the pink a lot stands out good when looking for your arrow.. Nice arrows how you like the 4 vane setup?

02-May-15

chasintheslam's embedded Photo
chasintheslam's embedded Photo
well I think my change turned out good easy to see after being shot as well as blood on the wrap and saves money by using one color vane

02-May-15
White is better for reading hit sign, and I believe game animals are theorized to be able to see yellow and blue.

02-May-15
I got some white wraps ima do some up with too

02-May-15
Two pink and one white for me.

02-May-15

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Like this !

02-May-15

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
1 blk, 2 pink

02-May-15
I'm not a fan of black vanes for the visability issues already pointed out.

As far as florescent yellow wraps go, I tried them once, and will NEVER try them again. Many years ago I gave them a try, since I also thought they would help with visibility. As it turned out, they did exactly that.

One morning I was working my way up an old logging road. Just as it was becoming light enough to shoot, I heard a far-off bugle so I stopped to see if I could get a better fix on him. As I was standing there, a cow and calf came moseying along a game trail and passed 20yds in front of me. Even though I was standing motionless, and the slight breeze was in my favor, the cow slammed on the brakes, took a quick look my direction, and blew out of there like a scalded rabbit. I was more than a little surprised at her reaction...until I looked down at the arrows in my quiver. In the early morning light, those florescent yellow wraps glowed like they were in downtown Vegas. I might as well have had a neon sign flashing "HERE STANDS A HUNTER"! Switched to white wraps and have been using them ever since.

02-May-15

TREESTANDWOLF's MOBILE embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's MOBILE embedded Photo

02-May-15

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

02-May-15

TJS's embedded Photo
TJS's embedded Photo
Pic is my "yellow jacket" arrows with some patriotic themed ones.

Nice to see arrows in flight going towards your target while hunting!

02-May-15

TJS's embedded Photo
TJS's embedded Photo
Some more. Onestringer wraps with Blazers. Switch 'em up. You only shoot one at a time.

26-May-15
I tend to see white, red or yellow really well. I've been messing around with some lighted nocks now that they are legal to hunt with in Colorado. I am going to go to all black blazers or Goose feathers on my hunting bows and use the lighted nocks.

26-May-15

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Yellow wrap and vanes shows up very well, especially with blood on it. Black not so much or not at all.

My best, Paul

27-May-15
Yellow, green, orange, and blue all get lost on the ground for me in the right leaf-litter.

Oddly enough, blue is the worst, even though there's not much blue in nature. In the shade, it's invisible to me. I can't imagine using black veins in a hunting scenario, but I use a hip quiver and the only thing I consider when picking a vein color is arrow retrieval.

Red, pink, and white are what I can pick up.

27-May-15

Mike Vines's embedded Photo
Mike Vines's embedded Photo
I like them "Fancy" because normal is boring.

27-May-15
clear vanes would be cool as heck. like invisible death. they would never see them coming. pure stealth and they would never betray you to the game. does such a thing even exist?

27-May-15
Yeah. Flex Fletch makes clear vanes.

28-May-15
Agree with Wyobullshooter

01-Jun-15

CT bow junkie's embedded Photo
CT bow junkie's embedded Photo
White white white on white

01-Jun-15
I remember when my primo arrows were the ones that had all three feathers....

02-Jun-15

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Some nice looking arrahs' here! I'm going with a different scheme this year myself, and decided to include one red, one yellow, and one black vane. I'm hoping I don't lose too many!

02-Jun-15
I like pink and brown Blazers, brown is hard to find and I use a quarter inch glow in the dark piece of tape below the nock as sorta wrap. Helps find my arrows and game in low low. Lot tracking done after dark on afternoon hunts. Black vanes and nocks in 3D to keep poeople from aiming at your arrow. Of course that is only if you are in the 12 ring:)

• Sitka Gear