Mark Watkins 25-May-15
carcus 25-May-15
Bowboy 25-May-15
elmer@laptop 25-May-15
Julius K 25-May-15
elmer@laptop 26-May-15
elmer@laptop 28-May-15
25-May-15
Just got word from my hunting partner who went down to our bait site today that our bait finally got hit. A brown bear came in at 3:30 this afternoon, May 24th. I don't have a photo to post yet. I am hoping to get down to the bait on the 27th or 28th.

Brown bear season is open till the 31st, black bear is open all year.

There may have been more than one bear on the bait but we don't know. Apparently the game camera we have set up is not working/taking photos as programmed. My buddy is going to put up a different camera.

It's finally started but we have to be patient. My buddy is going to let the bait sit another couple days before hunting in hopes that more bears will be coming in.

25-May-15
Nice Elmer. now what? Wait more or no? Seems you guys have got this bear stuff figured out

25-May-15
Nick, my Buddy is going to wait a couple more days before hunting it. And due to commitments I can't get down there till the 27th or 28th at the earliest.

In past years things really picked up the closer we got to June and into the first couple weeks of June.

This area hasn't been hunted in quite a few years, so we figure give em some time for more bears to find the bait and get comfortable at the bait.

25-May-15
Oh cool, that'll be fun. Any pics from years past once this area got all heated up?

25-May-15
I do have pics but I can't transfer them to the modern world. I don't have a scanner or even a computer that works at the moment.

25-May-15
Elmer, I'm assuming you guys would take a brown or a black bear....or...are you just holding out for a brown bear?

Keep it coming

Mark

25-May-15
I'd wait a week or so and let the bears get comfortable at the bait site, otherwise they will just circle down wind before coming in and smell you!

25-May-15
Good luck!

25-May-15
Mark, my buddy is targeting a brown bear. I am targeting a black bear.

Carcus, From the sound of it based on my phone call with my buddy, he is waiting 3-4 days till he goes back to the bait and might start hunting.

25-May-15
Good luck Elmer

26-May-15
Just got word from my buddy that there are now 2 brown bears at our bait and 1 black bear. He is waiting another day or 2 to start hunting. I might be able to get down there Thursday through Monday. Looks like things are heating up.

28-May-15
Got another call from my hunting partner today. Said the game camera is not working right but we have gotten a couple photos of one brown bear, and there's are also tracks from a different brown bear and one black bear. Site is warming up with the weather.

I am heading down Tomorrow and will be there till Late Sunday or Monday.

• Sitka Gear