scentman 28-May-15
GotBowAz 28-May-15
Greg Kush 28-May-15
Predeter 29-May-15
B4LITE 02-Jun-15
AntlergeekAdam 05-Jun-15
Cheesehead Mike 05-Jun-15
25-May-15
Anybody have any interesting uses for old arrows/shafts? Noticing I have quite a collection and looking for ideas for productive uses or even some type of display in the man cave.

25-May-15
Give them to Golden Pyr, he will use them.

25-May-15
I cut em down and give to youngins!

25-May-15
give them the same honor given to shot out rifle barrels. Tomato stakes!

25-May-15
I use them as eye poker-bait holder when I'm rigging baits

25-May-15
"I use them as eye poker-bait holder when I'm rigging baits"

My man. A good aluminum shaft goes a long way on a rigged ballyhoo!!

25-May-15
Donate them to an archery organization that benefits military personnel (Camp Cuervo) or youth.

25-May-15
Ditto on the tomato stakes

25-May-15
They go in a box in case the SHTF.

25-May-15

60X Strings's Link
Yup very good for tomato stakes.

25-May-15
Tomato stakes?? Must be growing dwarf variety :)

25-May-15
bird hunting, yotes, plenty of good uses. young adults just starting

25-May-15
I broke a couple poles on my portable blind. I used several arrows to replace the pole lengths that broke. I have a feeling arrows would make super light tent poles as well.

25-May-15
Some good ideas.

Rman, yotes get good arrows. Hate to miss one!

I do use one for a extra pole for my tarp shelter. I was thinking about trying to make a picture frame or something.

25-May-15
I used some at Christmas one year. Had a friend nearby that his with would put deer in their lawn that were made from vines. Her brother was a bowhunter so I thought I would put some arrows in the deer one night. Weeks latter I mentioned it to my friend. He laughed and said his wife blew up when she saw the arrows and called her brother up and ripped him a new one. Made her mad that he wouldn't fess up to doing it.

25-May-15
Yardage markers for your shooting range. Cut them down for turkey decoy stakes. People make ink pens with them. Cut them in short pieces, drill holes in peg board or 2x4 and put the arrows in to hang things on like extension cords.

26-May-15
Grouse, rabbits, squirrel's etc are what i use old arrows for

26-May-15
Grouse, rabbits, squirrel's etc are what i use old arrows for

26-May-15
Waterproof carbon strikers for glass/slate calls and turkey hunting. Shape cob on your belt sander and drill out.

26-May-15

DS's embedded Photo
DS's embedded Photo

26-May-15
Wooden ones make good dowel rods. I use the carbon ones as handles on my bent metal dowsing rods to insure there is no contact between me and the rod. I see a lot of guys using the aluminum ones on broken car antennas.

26-May-15
I use them as turkey and goose decoy stakes. I tend to lose the originals and have found these to be good substitutes.

26-May-15
DS, that is a good one!

Make some arrow pens and give them to friends. Kids especially love them!

26-May-15
As mentioned Small Game. Use one to take a shot out of the stand before getting out of it. Read a story of a guy on stand who saw deer using a trail about 70 yards from himm, took off a sock and shot it to the trail. Worked for him to turn the deer to his trail. Never know what you can use a use old arrow for in the stand. DANNY

26-May-15

KJC's embedded Photo
KJC's embedded Photo
Arrow pen.

26-May-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
support stake for my GoLite Shelter

26-May-15
Pack em full of gun powder and glue a shotgun primer to the insert and shoot something hard.... You didn't here it from me! :)

26-May-15
I use them for shooting stuff. Once bent I cut short and give to a kid. God Bless

26-May-15
They make great light weight and tough pack tent stakes. My carbon arrow shaft tent stakes are cut 7" long, and I epoxy an aluminum roofing nail cut in half into the tip (pointed end) and the nail head into the other end. They cut over an ounce out of my pack weight on the tent and I take a few more for the Sil Tarp. I just cut up broken carbon shafts I get at the range or the broken ones you get if an animal snaps one off.

27-May-15
CHMike, is that tieback under your thermarest? How'd that work out?

27-May-15
IdyllwildArcher,

If you mean Tyvek, yes and it works great. It's extremely light and compact and has never leaked.

28-May-15
Turkey decoy stakes.

28-May-15
Kurt, the tent stakes is a great idea. Can you post a picture of them, Id like to see them.

I shoot FMJ and have a few shafts I've been saving for something, who knows what. bet they would make great tent stakes.

28-May-15
I used an old arrow to make this camera "stake" for my GoPro camera a few weeks ago.

I use it as a fast and easy way to put the GoPro near my turkey decoys to get some pretty cool footage. Check out the tom bull-rushing my Pretty Boy decoy in this video clip. (Watch it full screen and in 1080HD mode if you can.)

29-May-15
I like that camera mount Greg.

CHmike, I'm going floorless this year for the first time, are you using a bivy in your shelter? I was planning on a Katabatic bivy and no ground sheet.

02-Jun-15
I have cut 2117 aluminum shafts to 1/4" or 3/8" rings and sled them over curlytail fishing worms to give just enough added weight to give worm more action on the down fall and a little glimer and it works. Can use as added attraction to trophies (like 3D and game heads. Plaque on wall, on picture frame in office, great conversation piece, just cut them down some.

05-Jun-15

AntlergeekAdam's Link
Decoy Stake

05-Jun-15
Predeter,

No, I just use the sleeping bag, a pad and the tyvek. I think the bivy might be overkill.

• Sitka Gear