woodguy65 27-May-15
Bigdan 27-May-15
safari 27-May-15
skipmaster1 27-May-15
buckfevered 27-May-15
buckfevered 28-May-15
Fisher 28-May-15
27-May-15
Im heading back to Quebec in June for a bear hunt. Last time I went I didn't use my phone but I guy I was with did and got a huge roaming bill. I'd like to be able to call home once or twice and check my voicemail. What's the best option? A prepaid phone? Just trying to see if it's worth the trouble to try and have a phone to use just a few times.

27-May-15
check with your provider. I have a plan with Rodgers, in Canada, and when we go to the States, we only get charged five dollars a day, maximum for roaming.

27-May-15
Call your provider and get the Canada plan. Cheap and easy.

27-May-15
You need to contact your cell company and thell them you want an international roaming package. Use it the month you rae there and then get rid of it. If you dont yu'll have a monstrous bill. Mine was $700 the first time I went and did get the internationa plan. If you have verizon they sells data in blocks for $25 each so if you go past the allowance they add another $25 for the next block, and then the next if you go past it again. Be careful it can add up too. I was emailing pics and getting on websites and ran up a $350 bill one other time.

27-May-15
Turn off data and leave cellular on. If you have service you can text for about 50 cents to send and much less to receive. You can call for about $2 min. Use sparingly and you should not have a very high bill. International data is what drives up your bill.

27-May-15
Very easy and will save you a ton. Just call your provider and give them the dates you will be in Canada - they will give you several options/plans.

27-May-15
Just say eh a lot and they will think your local.

27-May-15
Your are on vacation, what's up with the phone? I can not ever understand it. I guess I an not that important.

27-May-15
Thanks guys. I'm calling verizon in the morning.

Last time I didn't bother with the phone but this year I have a 1 year old daughter at home and my wife is doing a lot of juggling to find people to watch her, as I work second shift and have her all day. If I tag out early it would be nice to make sure its all covered to know if I should head home sooner. If not I'll just drink and fish.

27-May-15
Taking my dad to New Brunswick for his first ever bear hunt. He doesn't have a cell here, but would like one for while he is on stand. What recommendations do you guys have for him and what is he looking at for expense?

28-May-15

28-May-15
Stay and fish.

• Sitka Gear