Brotsky 30-Jun-15
Fulldraw 30-Jun-15
HDE 30-Jun-15
MDcrazyman 30-Jun-15
oldgoat 30-Jun-15
bill brown 01-Jul-15
Fulldraw 01-Jul-15
29-Jun-15
Hello, I have a 2015 Hoyt Carbon Sypder Turbo. I shoot a lot and as of the last few days I have been getting contact with my rest which is a Hoyt QAD ultra- rest. Everything has been checked and I am not sure what is going on with it. Took it shop after it started happening and it was good for a few days now it is doing it again, fletching contact. My Cock Vane is up too. Are any of you using a diff rest if you have had this issue? Thanks in advance

29-Jun-15
Can you tell where the contact is? What vane? I shoot the same rest and mine works fine with the cock vane up. The tech at one shop says he shoots cock vane out so his don't touch.

29-Jun-15
Its the bottom right. The rest is moved in really close to the shelf and cant drop all the way I think. It paper tuned nicely but I am wondering if he should have used more yoke tuning then moving the rest so close. Thoughts?

29-Jun-15
Thanks Blood Trail, Any other input would be great!!

29-Jun-15
I noticed my rest was touching the shelf as well. I moved it up slightly and had to re-sight it in and all is good now.

29-Jun-15
shaffer

30-Jun-15

oldgoat's Link
Maybe you should track this guy down and so him, seems to have that bow dialed in pretty good!!!!

30-Jun-15
I have the same bow and I shoot the Limbdriver Pro V made by Vaportrail!!! Best rest I have ever shot and easy to tune!!

30-Jun-15
Thanks Hessticles, Old goat, not sure how that will help and Fulldraw what is a shaffer?

30-Jun-15
Most likely the cord is too tight and launcher is not falling fast enough. On Hoyts I set rest so that it's fully cocked at 1 inch before full draw using a draw board. If that's not it make sure rest is high enough so launcher arms fall flat against shelf, I use the standard launcher on hoyts so I can accomplish this and still run arrow threw burger hole. Next- nock a arrow and measure off riser to center of arrow and make sure your center shot is approximately 13/16" off of riser.

30-Jun-15
I use a Hamskea versa rest on my bows. Literally the best. It's pricey but will last a lifetime. I used to shoot Limbdrivers and had 2 differnt ones fail on me. Hamskea has held strong!

30-Jun-15
Did you watch the whole video? Thought maybe you could track him down via YouTube and ask him what he's using;-)

30-Jun-15
A few things with the QAD...as said above make sure the rest is flat against the shelf in the fired position, make sure the cord is securely served or clamped to your cable, and insure the rest does not come to the full up position until you are in the last inch of draw cycle. If you've got all 3 of these dialed in you should have no contact issues. Good luck and if you can't get it figured out you should just send me that bow and start over! Ha!

30-Jun-15

Fulldraw's Link
Lance- Here is a link to the Shaffer...Best rest I have owned.

30-Jun-15
"...It paper tuned nicely but I am wondering if he should have used more yoke tuning then moving the rest so close. Thoughts? "

Yep, yoke tune. I recently put a QAD on my Nitrum 30 and fiddled with the rest as much as I could. Taking twists out of the left yoke is what dialed it in. Try getting your centershot back in the middle of the string and yoke tune and see if that helps.

Nice bow by the way.

30-Jun-15
Fulldraw, that is interesting, looks bulky and is it heavy and noisy when you draw? If its my bow and not the rest It will still need to be fixed anyway. Brotsky, Checked its close to the last inch and since I moved it back to center it falls all the way flat, the chord is served in. Oldgoat, did not watch the whole video as I thought you were making a joke so I will watch it. Ermine, I looked into that and have some Hamskea products but if its my bow It needs to be fixed regardless. Thanks so far.

30-Jun-15
It basically is a joke movie, don't take anything serious I type usually;-)

01-Jul-15
Oldgoat, thanks for the link. Hilarious.

01-Jul-15
It is not heavy, and to this point, has worked flawlessly on all of the bows I have put one on, and took the biscuit off my son's to put this on...full containment works great, and the rest is extremely quite and durable, and easy to tune.

• Sitka Gear