IdyllwildArcher 01-Jul-15
TD 02-Jul-15
Shug 02-Jul-15
britfan 02-Jul-15
Cazador 02-Jul-15
britfan 03-Jul-15
Cazador 05-Jul-15
01-Jul-15
Were in Canads can a USA resident go up and hunt without a outfitter /guide ...

01-Jul-15
Nowhere that I know of for large game.

01-Jul-15
In Manitoba, only for waterfowl

01-Jul-15
Quebec for blk bear in certain zones can bait also

01-Jul-15
Maybe Ontario bear as well?? Not sure on that one so don't quote me.

Heck as a CANADIAN there is only a handful of things I can do DIY aside from my own province. Messed up.

01-Jul-15
Small game in BC is OK. Some decent grouse hunting in places, salmon and trout fishing too.

01-Jul-15
Glass sliding doors in Quebec

01-Jul-15
^^^Good one!!!

01-Jul-15
ike explain !!!

01-Jul-15

IdyllwildArcher's Link

02-Jul-15
Swearing in French sounds so civilized.....

If I remember there are some places/provinces if you use a Canadian outfitter you're ok and can be self guided? Like a drop camp sort of thing.

Hit the oltimers wall on where it was though....

02-Jul-15
Quebec for bear ,moose and some small game as long as you hunt in a ZEC

02-Jul-15
Reading directly from the B.C. regs" non-residents of British Columbia hunting big game must be accompanied by either a licensed BC guide or a resident who holds a permit to accompany." Big game " sheep, goat, bison, moose ,caribou, elk, deer, grizzly, black bear, cougar, wolf, bobcat, lynx or wolverine.

02-Jul-15
There is alot more to it than just accompany said family member. It's not like Alaska. Last time I checked the resident must have had a big game license for 3 years etc.

03-Jul-15
If you go to the ministry of environment bc website u will get all the requirements and info on a " permit to accompany".

05-Jul-15
Don't forget this part, note the 3 of last 5 years comment. So, thinking your sister in law who has never hunted a day in her life is going to take you out to the Islands to kill bears.... there is a small road block. As stated, there is more too it.

Eligibility The following criteria must be met in order to proceed with an application for an Accompany to Hunt Permit:

Must be a BC resident, who is a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada;

Must be 19 years of age or older; and must have: Held a BC resident hunting licence AND a big game species licence for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding application for this permit; OR, Successfully completed the BC Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education Program, and held a BC resident hunting AND a big game species licence for 2 of the 5 years immediately preceding application for this permit;

Must possess, or be qualified to possess, a BC resident hunting licence in good standing; and, Must not have applied for or been issued an Accompany to Hunt Permit during the same licence year as the application.

, A person is not eligible for a permit if another permit under section 70 (1) (a) of the Act has been issued for a different time period in the same licence year that applies to the non-resident or non-resident alien whom the person will accompany under the permit.

A person is not eligible for a permit under section 70(1) (a) of the Act if either the applicant or the non resident or non resident alien to whom the permit would apply, has been convicted of an offence: Specified under section 84 (1) (a) of the Act, within the 5 year period immediately preceding the application for a permit; or, Specified under (a) section 84 (1) (b) of the Act, or (b) the Firearm Act within the 3 year period immediately preceding the application for a permit.

• Sitka Gear