Jack Harris 01-Jul-15
RutNut@work 01-Jul-15
Mad Trapper 02-Jul-15
Bou'bound 02-Jul-15
tadpole 02-Jul-15
Cheesehead Mike 02-Jul-15
Padfoot 02-Jul-15
01-Jul-15
I bought a used trufire hardcore max off and the leather wrist buckle stinks. Smells like cologne and body odor. Any suggestions on how to clean it? I have tried scent killer type sprays and airing it out but no luck. I really don't want to wash it because of the leather band. So looking for help. Thanks!

Craig

01-Jul-15
I wash mine all the time in scent free soap and or baking soda. Allow to air dry in the sun. It won't harm the leather any more than sweat, rain and use.

01-Jul-15
I wash mine too, a little water shouldn't hurt it.

You could try the formula for removing skunk scent from dogs.

Hydrogen Peroxide, baking soda and Dawn dish soap.

01-Jul-15
I just spray mine real good with scent killer night before a hunt and let it dry

01-Jul-15
You have to really soak it in scent killer. Even better dip the strap in a bowl of it for 15 minutes, then let it dry in the hot sun for a day or so. Another thing that works is to wash/dry it. Then put it in a container with an ozone unit running.

02-Jul-15
Ozone it

02-Jul-15
replace the current strap with one from scent-lok and then just forget it and hunt.

02-Jul-15
Does anyone have that recipe for the peroxide,soda,dawn mix ? thanks

02-Jul-15
tadpole,

•1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide •1/4 cup of baking soda •1 teaspoon of liquid detergent •Mix thoroughly

for removing skunk scent from pets.

02-Jul-15
Try MIRAZYME. Can be found at most outdoor outfitters like REI and EMS or AMAZON.

Gear Aid MiraZyme Enzyme-Based Odor Eliminator by mEssentials

• Sitka Gear