4araquiver 05-Jul-15
orionsbrother 05-Jul-15
R. Hale 06-Jul-15
Genesis 06-Jul-15
moosenelson 06-Jul-15
03-Jul-15

4araquiver's embedded Photo
4araquiver's embedded Photo
Had to pull three down off the wall! Handle is about to become 5araquiver. If anyone needs a sponsor or someone to talk to let me know I am a survivor and you can get through it :) removing the racks from the mounts was not that hard only one screw was stripped and took a little extra time.

04-Jul-15
?

04-Jul-15
?????

04-Jul-15
?????? !!

04-Jul-15
Baby room preperation? =)

04-Jul-15
Thought about doing the same many times. You may just push me to do a little culling myself. I've learned my lesson though, keep the herd small.

04-Jul-15
not an easy thing to do......no going back. Stay strong.

04-Jul-15
Yes fellas I am being evicted from my office for number 5. He will be here in October. My office was overflow for mounts and the three bucks pictured had to become unmounted. It's like culling the live well in a bass tournament!!

04-Jul-15
Good Lord! They are just deer antlers.

04-Jul-15
I don't understand why you would take antlers off a mount... Just store them until you have another spot for them?

Sincerely,

Dazed and Confused in NJ

04-Jul-15
pass me some !!

04-Jul-15
What you expect the baby to be allergic to bone or something????

04-Jul-15
Easy fellas ! This is obviously the first step in a twelve step program. Just going downhill from here !

04-Jul-15
Sounds like it's time to think about preventing 6araquiver. :-)

I'll be doing the same thing in a few when we retire. I have no desire to move a bunch of shoulder mounts. I may take the antlers off a big NM bull, and give the other mount to the state.

Shoot, these days I just get European mounts done...now if I'd just take the time to hang them on a wall somewhere. :-)

04-Jul-15
Thanks to those of you who found the humor and played along. Citi If I shoot a big one this fall and have to cull another to mount him I will hook you up :). I had to move my office out and certainly could have stored a few but I have had to many for a while bordering on obnoxious. I am at a different place in my life now and my measurements of success with hunting (and life in general) have changed over the years. There was a time when putting up a wall hanger every year was so important. Now taking a few down is not that big of a deal at all. I actually looked into seeing if someone else who could not afford a mount for their buck could use the leftovers but it didn't seem to be an option.

04-Jul-15
Best of luck !mounts are overated !

04-Jul-15
Writer- prevention will be a sure thing going forward:) European mounts are very appealing to me. I don't want to haul a bunch of shoulder mounts around either. I am happy retirement is close for you. It's way to far for me to imagine yet, but if you want to hire me to hang those Europeans up for you it might put me a bit closer...

04-Jul-15

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
4ara, the only thing I'm looking to mount now is a full bodied javelina. Got one more spot reserved beside my black coyote. Now, if I would just get my butt down to South Texas..............

04-Jul-15
Dry that's a nice coyote! Hope you get that javelina you are after!

05-Jul-15
I guessed it because I'm looking at some of the same happening before too long. Might have to call myself 1araquiver come January!

05-Jul-15
I play with 6 shoulder mounts.When I shoot a bigger of the 6 I remove the antlers from the smallest rack and put it on that one.

05-Jul-15
I had 2 bucks mounted, and that was enough. Now, I saw em off and toss em on shelves in my garage.

05-Jul-15
this thread is like blasphemy to me! I love all my mounts... The memory of the hunt - can't replaced... I think if I were god forbid ever homeless, they would be in multiple shopping carts chained together...

05-Jul-15
Cheque- you got it and congratulations!! Psalm 127:3-5 children are a blessing from The Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend their opponents in court. Genesis- that is a great idea. Not for my taxidermist, but that is the kind of thing I am going to plan on doing here on out with whitetails. A re-usable shoulder mount that you can exchange the rack. (Exchange-A-Rack System). Genesis and I just trade marked it :)

05-Jul-15
Congrats on number five. But you really didn't have to move the racks. Whadya want the kid to grow up to golf?

06-Jul-15
If I were starting over I would only do European mounts. Most of my mounts are poor condition. Many have been taken apart and the antlers saved. Doubt I will mount any more. Wish the skulls were intact instead of cut for the mounts. Oh well.

06-Jul-15
Charlie Rehor actually has the patent but even after his royalty the cost savings will buy alot of diapers

06-Jul-15
We have 7 now and i find it easier to tell folks that we have "some kids". Not sure how many it takes to make a "quiver full" but i know it aint 2! Congrats and God bless.

• Sitka Gear