Sage Buffalo 22-Jul-15
Medicinemann 22-Jul-15
Rayzor 26-Jul-15
Rayzor 26-Jul-15
MaBow 26-Jul-15
Medicinemann 27-Jul-15
APauls 27-Jul-15
21-Jul-15
As I stated in a previous thread, I am "gearing up" to start videoing more of my future hunting adventures. Today, I observed that Cabelas is selling 64 GByte Micro-Memory cards for $69.99, yet the normal 32 GByte memory cards are $79.99...Cabelas doesn't even sell a 64 GByte Memory card that isn't a micro card.

Since the Cabelas rep assured me that these Micro Memory cards are as dependable as the normal sized cards (they actually fit into a larger housing when used in equipment that takes the normal sized memory cards) and they are returnable in the event that they do not work, I bought two of the 64 GByte cards for my Sony Handycam (HDR-CX210).

Can anyone give me a ballpark idea of how long I should be able to film before I fill a 64 GByte memory card? I don't expect anyone to know to the nearest nanosecond....but can I film for 30 minutes....3 hours.....8 hours?

21-Jul-15
I'm no expert, but on the highest quality from I can tell you might get up to 6 hours of recording on a 64gb card on that camera. Take this with a grain of salt though.

22-Jul-15
Length of video time depends on the resolution you are filming at. The higher the res, the less time you get. As far as I know, your camera is adjustable as to the resolution. I would think that the manual should give you a timeframe....

>>>>-------->

22-Jul-15
5 hours to 25 hours just depending on quality of video according to Sony micro card.

22-Jul-15
10-4

Looks like I need to find my manual for the camera...I will probably opt for the default setting on resolution...at least until I become more familiar with my camera and associated equipment.

26-Jul-15
Manual should say approximate time at each setting.

26-Jul-15
If you cant find yours you can proably download it from mfr's site.

26-Jul-15
Jake. Try going to newegg.com. You can get 128gig for the same price as the 64 gig price you mentioned

27-Jul-15
Lonnie,

I wish that I had seen this sooner!!

27-Jul-15
With two 64GB cards you are good to go. If you download your videos to your computer every few weeks I doubt you even come close to running out of room. Realistically speaking I bet it is tough to lay down an hour of footage per day.

• Sitka Gear