Moultrie Mobile
I drew Bosque Del Oso SWA for elk/deer
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
mark land 23-Jul-15
sisabdulax 26-Jul-15
sisabdulax 06-Aug-15
23-Jul-15
Ok I know not to ask for specific area info on here but I am just wanting to talk to someone that has actually hunted in this area or been on it to find out about access, terrain, particular features, things to look for, pressure, what not to do, etc. I have already ordered and received my maps for the area to pick out good spots to hit and will talk to Bob Holder soon as will but being a new area to me I have alot of questions. This will be my 11th elk/deer hunt in CO along with 5 other trips out there for antelope and I have taken elk and deer before so I am not inexperienced just not getting much info about this area. I will be discreet with any info shared. I will be hunting with trad equipment if that matters as I have been traditional only since '92 and have been very successful. You can e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me. Thanks

26-Jul-15
Ya best talk with Holder. terrain isn't too bad. but elk usually aren't in there till later in the season.

06-Aug-15
The bosque is surrounded by alot of High end private land. Dont get me wrong there are elk in there, but they are few and far between. The late seasons are far better as this is more of a wintering spot. Most people I have talked to who draw it for archery Elk are disappointed or have even turned tags in. That being said I know there are some in there just not loaded then. Deer you should be ok. Like I said earlier Speak to Bob Holder he can really give you a hand.

Pat- 85 851 is mostly private land we do have some NF and some SWA. The bosque tag is a special tag for there only. Yes you can kill a monster in there on every species.

Mike

• Sitka Gear