Stekewood 26-Jul-15
Buffalo1 26-Jul-15
carcus 26-Jul-15
12yards 27-Jul-15
mizzoukispot 27-Jul-15
huntingbob 27-Jul-15
Brotsky 28-Jul-15
26-Jul-15
Have any of you bought an Elite Synergy to hunt with? I shot one and I really like the bow. I have shot one other bow the Hoyt Nitrum and it is nice too. I like a bow that pulls very smooth and is comfortable to shoot. and for me personally this bow suits me perfect. I just read an independent bow test in outdoor life that had several new bows they tested. The entire crew that participated in the test loved shooting the Synergy. But it was the slowest in the test. I'm not into speed. I've been shooting a recurve the last 6 or 7 years. the bow shot 308 FPS in the test. 70 pound bow 350 grain arrow, and 30 inch draw. Still plenty enough power for hunting in my book. What do you guys think that bow will shoot at 60 pounds, 450 grain arrow, and 28 inch draw? thanks for your input. Arrowflinger.....

26-Jul-15
I recently did the same. Shot some hoyts and elites. Ended up with a Syneregy that I plan on hunting with. Did you try the E35? Several guys I know with your draw length prefer it over the Synergy.

Good Luck.

26-Jul-15
You can't go wrong with it, with hunting weight arrows you will be plenty fast enough... It's a nice shooting bow.

26-Jul-15
Maybe 240 fps. Good luck with whatever you choose.

26-Jul-15

Bac40Hunter's Link

Try this website. It should get you in the ball park.

26-Jul-15
I love the Synergy. Super smooth draw and it holds so well that you almost literally have to push the string forward to let down. I'm shooting a 65# Synergy maxed out and a 31" draw. 480 grain arrow @ 277 f.p.f.s.

26-Jul-15
I've owned 4 elites, nice bows, one big disadvantage is the inability to yoke tune, my last two bows have dual static yokes, I wouldn't never get a bow without, makes tuning easy!

26-Jul-15
I'm gonna share the bottomline with you !!

If you want a speed bow, you don't want a Synergy If you want the smooth, quiet, solid back wall, accurate, unlimited hold time at full draw, easy to tune bow, you want a Synergy.

I bought mine last December. Thus far, I have killed 3 hogs, 3 warthogs, 1 blue wildebeest, 1 jackal, 2 kudus, and badly injured a 1 zebra (if my shot would have been 2" more to the right, it would been killed). This is a variety of animal sizes ad most of them tough animals.

I have got a 50-60# bow set on 55# @ 28 1/2". I shoot very heavy arrows (492 gr. total weight). My chrono speed with that arrow is 218 fps. With a 367 gr. total weight arrow the chrono speed is 248 fps.

You can formulate an approximate speed with 5 more pounds of draw weight, 1/2" less draw, and less arrow weight to get you an estimated speed.

This is the best shooting bow I have ever owned. It is built for hunting.

Maybe BPM will chime in with his thoughts as he too owns a Synergy.

I am really wondering what Elite will do in their 2016 line up to top the Synergy ?

26-Jul-15
I am with Carcus, without the ability to yoke tune it makes it more difficult to dial your bow in and keep it tuned. I shot and bought a 35 last year. I couldn't keep it tuned and eventually sold the bow.

26-Jul-15
Never seen an animal duck the arrows from my energy 35. Plenty fast.. Don't get caught up in the speed hype

26-Jul-15
Hate to show my stupidity, but what is "yoke tune"?

I buy'em, bowshop sets'em them up for me, and I go hunting with'em. It's a 3 step process. What am I missing? I've never had a problem with a bow not staying sighted.

26-Jul-15
With yoke tuning your can overcome any torque, your adding prelean to the cam.

26-Jul-15
I have zero difficulty keeping a binary in tune. Or getting them tuned to start with, least the couple dozen I have set up.

Starting with a solid foundation of well build cables and strings is first step to an easy lasting tune on a binary or any cam system for that matter.

26-Jul-15
Carcus,

How do you yoke tune a bow?

How do you know if it is out of tune?

26-Jul-15
Paper tune or bare shaft, I paper tune, check the bowtech websight, there is a video

26-Jul-15
Carcus,

How do you yoke tune a bow that does not have a yoke cable system to tune, i.e. Elite Synergy ?

I do bare shaft and paper tune test which is part of the set up process. I do this with all bows.

26-Jul-15
You can't yoke tune an elite, get a torque-less grip.

26-Jul-15
I have two elites, a Hunter and a Synergy. No problem broadhead tuning either one and neither has ever had to be touched since the day it was initially tuned and sighted in.

26-Jul-15
I must have had some really weird experiences with Elites- Have owned Elite Hunters, Elite Answers and Synergy. I have never had tuning or torqueing issues with any of these bows. They have all shot FP & BH without any issues.

I've used Torque-Less Custom Grips on Elites, but I personally like the rubber elite grips the best.

Now back to PREVIOUS QUESTION- Elite Synergy?

I love mine and have experienced no issues with it.

26-Jul-15
Elites have a rubber grip? All the ones I have owned have had wood side plates, but I haven't owned one since my elite pure.

27-Jul-15
If you don't care about speed, the Synergy will be great for you. It is plenty fast though. The only downside to me would be that it is heavy. If you are lugging it through the mountains, there might be better bows out there that are lighter. If you are mainly a whitetail hunter, great choice.

27-Jul-15
All of the newer elites are too heavy for me. Great bows though.

27-Jul-15
Look at the Field and Stream 2015 review and then go shoot something you never even heard of. It was eye opening but I don't believe all I read. You just have to put the bow in your hand. I also thought the Elite Bows are a bit heavy when I picked then up. I do believe if you are chasing speed this is not your Bow. I have always liked Hoyt and I shoot one now but I have never sold my Diamond Black Ice just because it is so nice to shoot and for sure not fast. But find a Bow you actually like to shoot. That is what will make you a consistent tag filler.

28-Jul-15
You really owe it to yourself to try an Xpedition. They are making some of the best bows out there right now and are starting to make a name for themselves. If you have a dealer near you try out the X7S or the Perfexion for a smooth shooter and if you want a speed bow the Xcentric 7.

• Sitka Gear