Stekewood 26-Jul-15
bradbear 26-Jul-15
IdyllwildArcher 27-Jul-15
Butts 27-Jul-15
cnelk 27-Jul-15
Amoebus 27-Jul-15
razorhead 27-Jul-15
26-Jul-15
I have been going to physical therapy for my lower back. Learning new stretches and exercises that help a lot! Similar to yoga

Recently we worked on core and balance.

Think you have good balance and core?

Try this...

Feet together, Fold your arms, Bend one leg up

You are supposed to be able to do this for a min of 20 secs. Without wobbling too much

Easy?

Try this....

Same thing, now close your eyes and do it. Still easy?

Now try this...

Same thing. Feet together, Folded arms, Lift one leg, Eyes shut, Now, turn your head left and right real slow

Did you wobble?? Try lifting each leg and see which one is best.

Got balance and core strength?

26-Jul-15
Looking up is another interesting twist.

26-Jul-15
Eyes open easy, closed much harder, head turning didn't change much. Of course just got done with 2 hour bike ride and have a bouncing golden retriever I mentioned a walk to!

27-Jul-15
Now, drink 3 glasses of scotch and repeat.

27-Jul-15
Is this one of the PT exercises as well or a test?

27-Jul-15
The PT lady said as a person ages they need to do more of these exercises.

There is a reason I posted this.

I mentioned to her that I will be in the mtns hunting elk for most of Sept so she showed me this stuff.

As we hike in uneven terrain, the chances of injury go up if our bodies arent used to sudden changes in steps or balances.

Like stepping off a curb. Our body knows its 8in because we have done it time after time. But if there a dip or slip, its your body's ability to balance that recovers you without injury

27-Jul-15
I am not so good at the comprehension department. At the end of the first post, am I supposed to be floating?

It is true - at 20, this was a snap. At 50, it is work.

27-Jul-15
that was good advice. I do this daily, in my swim workout,,,,,,, I also believe that you should add yoga to your routines,,,,,, again good post

• Sitka Gear