Toothpick 29-Jul-15
Charlie Rehor 29-Jul-15
adam 29-Jul-15
Toothpick 29-Jul-15
Toothpick 29-Jul-15
Rocking R 29-Jul-15
cityhunter 29-Jul-15
27-Jul-15
Due to some very unfortunate health complications, one of our hunters booked this year for our late archery hunt has to move his hunt to next year.

So, I have one spot that is now available for the 2015 hunt. This is the only available archery spot this year.

Hunt dates are September 18-22. This is usually the peak of the rut in SW Colorado.

The group of hunters for this hunt are all Bowsite members. Should be a great time.

Contact me ASAP if you are interested since I expect this to go quick.

Thank you and good luck to everyone this fall.

Dan Reardon

Rocking R Outfitters

[email protected]

970-729-2571

27-Jul-15
Wow! This is a great opportunity for someone!

27-Jul-15
Brotsky Can you elaborate why this is a great opportunity.

27-Jul-15
To be able to hunt with a group of Bowsiter's makes this a great opportunity!!

If I didn't have two elk hunts already scheduled, I'd jump at the chance.

27-Jul-15
I second what Brotsky says since I am one of the Bowsiters on this hunt and knowing two of the other individuals, the person getting this hunt should feel really special considering the company he will be keeping:) Yes, it will be a good week.

27-Jul-15

Rocking R's Link
Let me answer a few of the questions I have had so far regarding this hunt.

Tags can be purchased over the counter so you are guaranteed a tag. The tag is either sex so you can shoot a bull with 4 points or better on one side or you can shoot a cow.

Refer to my website for hunt fees, accommodations, etc. All of the information on the site is accurate.

Thank you.

27-Jul-15
Tracker, because it's a great outfitter and you'll have a great hunt during one of the best weeks of the year. The only downfall is the company you may have to keep! Ha!

27-Jul-15
So this is a full priced last minute cancelation hunt?

27-Jul-15
This hunt has been SOLD.

I have a few spots left available for archery 2016.

I want to thank everyone for the positive comments and the interest that was shown.

27-Jul-15
This outfitter is booked for a hunt with Rocking R on reputation alone. An outfitter with such a good reputation would not and should not ever need to entertain discounting a hunt 2 months out, which is far from a last minute hunt. I know I don't.

27-Jul-15
I have been wanting to do an elk hunt for many years, but due to many circumstances over the years I have not been able to go. I was looking at Rocking R website for the 100th time this morning while dreaming and switched over to the Bowsite to get my daily fix. Much to my surprise I see Dan's thread and immediately called and booked the hunt....if there was ever a sign from above this was it!

Sept 18th can't get here fast enough!!

27-Jul-15
I'll be on camp the 18th-23rd and looking forward to it!!!

27-Jul-15
Good luck Toothpick & the other bowsiters as well!

27-Jul-15
Good luck guys! Should be a blast.

27-Jul-15
Toothpick - Have a great hunt! We would like updates.

27-Jul-15
Good for you toothpick! I'm sure you'll have a blast and you'll have some excellent hunters in camp with you. Hope you guys bring us some updates while in camp as well! Congrats!

27-Jul-15
OK Tooth, you have joined the party!! See you in a few months. You might want to buy yourself a lottery ticket to see if your good luck continues:)

27-Jul-15
Thanks guys! Super stoked to be going and sharing camp with other bowsiters is just icing on the cake. No guarantee on live updates...I very seldom post anything. May have to see if one of the regulars does a semi live hunt while we are there.

27-Jul-15
Toothpick: You were wise to jump on this hunt. Good for you! We have big things planed for this hunt on Bowsite!

27-Jul-15
I should be headed back to Texas with an ice chest full of speed goat about the time you fellas start your hunt. Good luck !

27-Jul-15
Sometimes stuff just happens, Toothpick.

With all of this going for you, it has to be a great hunt!

Neat deal.

27-Jul-15
Talk about timing. Sounds like the moon and stars lined up for you. Hope you guys have a fun, safe, and successful hunt.

27-Jul-15
Lucky guy if you needed a character reference for Dan just read his spring bear hunt with his son...JohbB

27-Jul-15
Good luck guys. Hunt

28-Jul-15
Toothpick - See you in camp. 18-22 are my dates as well.

Cant wait.

28-Jul-15
Toothpick, glad it worked out for you. Should be a great time with a group of really good guys.

Thanks again everyone.

28-Jul-15
Sounds like a fun hunt. Hope to hear updates on it. Have fun guys!

29-Jul-15
Okay, I don't know where to begin or what to say other than thank you all for the words of encouragement! I am humbled to be sharing camp with you guys and can't wait for Sep 17th to get here.

29-Jul-15
Does "Motley Crew" come to mind?

29-Jul-15
Toothpick, I hunted there last year with these hooligans from Bowsite, they are a rowdy bunch, especially that Charlie guy you have to watch out for him....

All joking aside you will have a great hunt there Dan and everyone there are top notch. I think you might be filling my spot from this year as I am unable to attend. Look forward to seeing all the pictures from this year from everyone going, I will be waiting patiently until 2016 for my next trip there.

29-Jul-15
I can guarantee I didn't base my thoughts on their appearance. Although I may have seen a couple of them on the wall at the post office.

29-Jul-15
Adam, I am sorry you won't be able to go this year. I hope that everything works out for the best in your situation.

I jumped on this opportunity based on the information I have received from Bowsite. Plus the chance to hunt with guys from here did factor into my decision, but this was the only opening I could find for this season, so I guess I'll just have to keep one eye open and sleep on my back so to speak.

All kidding aside, this should be a great hunt.

29-Jul-15
Just want to clarify that this is not Adam's spot. Adam, I was able to fill your spot back in the winter/spring when you contacted me. I told Landon the other day that you had to put off your hunt to next year an he said he's already looking forward to hunting again with you.

This particular spot became available due to a health complication with a different hunter. He was happy to see that the spot was easily filled and he's moved his hunt to 2016.

Just wanted to clarify.

Thanks.

29-Jul-15
SOUNDS LIKE FUN ! BEST OF LUCK !

• Sitka Gear