loprofile 31-Jul-15
painless 31-Jul-15
Ghostinthemachine 31-Jul-15
Cheesehead Mike 31-Jul-15
Cheque 31-Jul-15
27-Jul-15
Or wouldn't need more than one of.

Bou asked for it so here ya go!

I wouldn't need to shoot 13 lions or elephants...

I wouldn't need a Dik-Dik

How about you?

27-Jul-15
Koala.

27-Jul-15
I would shoot a dik dik in a heart beat

27-Jul-15
Manatee

27-Jul-15
I could never shoot a Panda bear.

27-Jul-15
Agree with loess, Panda is pretty black and white. :)

27-Jul-15
Hartebeest, wildebeest or baboon but then that's just me.

27-Jul-15
The Last of the Mohicans

27-Jul-15
giraffe elephant zebra muskox lion tiger Lewis

27-Jul-15
Platypuss?

27-Jul-15
Any kind of mountain sheep I wouldn't need more than one of. Just one of each.

27-Jul-15
orangutan or gorilla.

27-Jul-15
I've passed up blue wildebeest but would love to get a black! Also passed on a great waterbuck and decent blesbok. Why......I have no idea but just wasn't wanting one. I like and would shoot most of the African antelope, just not a few. As per North American animals, bring them on!

27-Jul-15
Sloth

27-Jul-15
Tiger

27-Jul-15
Penguin or Duckbill Platypuss.

27-Jul-15
Emporer penguin

Edit: Ollie with the ninja post

27-Jul-15
Porpoise

27-Jul-15
Unicorn

27-Jul-15
A caribou...lol.

Seriously though, I'd have a tough time shooting an elephant or a tiger. Magnificent animals that are running out of space to live freely on this crowded planet.

Call me a tree hugger, it's OK,...I kinda am, deep down. :)

27-Jul-15
I've killed way more skunks than I would have like to, never one with a bow. I'm thinking if i have to shoot one it just as well be an arrow. Am I really the only person that given it was someone else's money would hunt about any animal more than once. As long as the game provides a challenge I'm game. Heck even TBM knows killing turkeys is like shooting fish in a barrel and it's still fun.

27-Jul-15
Given the opportunity and if its legal, everything is fair game. Maybe not 2 gorillas but id shoot the first one for sure.

27-Jul-15
grizz... only cause they scare the shit outta me though

27-Jul-15
Three-toothed Lot Lizard

Northern WalMart Hairy Cougar

27-Jul-15
giraffe

elephant

any primate

tiger

walrus

wild horse

kangaroo

27-Jul-15
Some interesting responses...some I have never thought of.....keep them coming!

27-Jul-15
Possum.

Any primate. Giraffe Elephant Tiger Musk ox Hippo

27-Jul-15
Bigfoot

27-Jul-15
high fence chupacabra, free range maybe.

27-Jul-15
I want to hunt anything that is legal.

27-Jul-15
Zebra. Or any domestic looking horse. Just don't have the desire.

Ostriches. Have no need for a 100lb bug infested drumstick.

If it's got a rack or horns though.... Game over.

27-Jul-15
Tasmanian Monkey Dog

27-Jul-15
Any animal that puts me at risk of being kidnapped and held ransom (that nobody would pay) by a terrorist group. I'd like to hunt them but as Dana Carvey said (As Bush Sr) "Ain't gunna do it".

27-Jul-15
There is nothing I don't want to hunt. If it has a season and you can shoot it with a bow I am in.

27-Jul-15
I'm with freak!

Had a friend get back from a long hunting trip from Australia once, he was telling stories and showing pictures. He mentioned "they" wanted him to shoot a horse, but he couldn't. It went over my head I kept asking if they weren't in range or angle wasn't right or didn't think his gear was right or....? Finally he had to hit me over the head with the fact that he couldn't do it because it didn't feel right? Damn I look at horses now and always think, "shot placement"!

27-Jul-15
I will not kill anything, that I do not eat.....

27-Jul-15
Big difference between something I would never hunt or would not hunt more than once. I do not recall ever hunting an animal only once. Guess I liked the hunting. Have hunted many without ever getting a shot.

Should be separate questions.

Also, more would depend on the method than the animal. I would not hunt over bait, from a tree stand or tent. Just not hunting to me.

Difficult to answer the way the question is ask.

27-Jul-15
Yeah, there is a big difference.

The "never" list is much different than the "not more than once" list in my case.

I think most people answered with their "never" list.

27-Jul-15
as per title

27-Jul-15
Never more than one snipe hunt.

27-Jul-15
Bigpizzaman! yes, he is an animal in addition to a great cook, but he will kill you first! :-)

27-Jul-15
I think this thread is just about to leave the tracks :)

I was serious, but a little fun is just fine :)

27-Jul-15
"I will not kill anything, that I do not eat..... "

This

27-Jul-15
I inadvertently killed sea gull once, after I got the mount back I knew one was enough.

27-Jul-15
Pizza, I can't imagine ever shooting a horse. I take it you haven't spent much time with them.

If they were hurt bad I spose I could, but I wouldn't like it.

Edit. I can think of one that deserved it.

He bit me. I got him back a few days later... Had his junk dangling full length in front of a big patch of bull thistles. I nailed him with a walnut fastball and he ran through them with his unit swinging.

It might have been more fair to shoot him.

27-Jul-15
Curious why so many wouldn't take an elephant? If we are going to discuss what we wouldn't shoot then a reason as to why would be interesting. I'm not sure there isn't an animal I wouldn't take as long as it was a hunt and not a canned type of shoot. Shooting non game species like a sloth or koala doesn't even enter into the conversation as prey. I guess thinking about it my answer would be a tiger, due to their very low numbers. If they were not endangered I think that would be a very tough hunt.

27-Jul-15
I answered Unicorn because every other animal is fair game as long as it makes sense conservation wise.

27-Jul-15
Song birds. I'm going to hell I just know it for having killed so many of them as a kid. They got hunted hard and took a beating. My kids have never killed one I'm happy to say and I'll never let them take even a pot shot at one.

As for horses. I'd love to hunt them. Donkey's, camels, hogs, don't matter. ferrel is ferrel plus I like eating horse meat. Yak too.

I'd have a hard time killing another cat but dogs on the other hand, no problem.

27-Jul-15

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
Too cute to shoot.

27-Jul-15
No desire to shoot another black bear.

Would not shoot a buck or bull behind a high fence, but might shoot a doe or cow for meat. (Like a grocery store experience.)

Would shoot feral horse, feral donkey. (In Kansas $10,000 per week of your tax money is being spent to feed feral horses, which does not include what it took to capture and ship them from out west.)

27-Jul-15
people , they often shootback

27-Jul-15

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo
"I think this thread is just about to leave the tracks :) I was serious, but a little fun is just fine :)"

Sorry SteveB. I was goofing around to avoid the natural progression of this kind of question. It's actually a fairly complicated question which requires an assessment of your hunting value system.

I would have no interest in shooting a Koala or Sloth because I would not feel that it was hunting...but this will easily slide into an ethics discussion and people will get their hackles up.

I will never be this guy.

27-Jul-15
TURTLE

27-Jul-15
Just offhand.... I really can't think of anything that would bother me. Born and raised on a farm.... first rule, you don't name cute things.... you do know what veal is don't you???

BTW donkey was about the best piece of.... never mind.... I kill stuff all the time I have no plans to eat. Rats, mice, feral cats, cockroaches, termites.... etc... with extreme prejudice....

All this did was get me going on what crazy stuff I'd like to shoot.... thinking vampires.... but have to gear up for trad, wooden shafts and all....

27-Jul-15
The desert southwest has a huge problem with non-native horses and burros. I would hunt them in a heartbeat if allowed.

I'd eat them too. So would my dogs.

27-Jul-15
Nothing with antlers with a rifle.

Their girlfriends, no problem. That's where food comes from.

27-Jul-15
Anyone who says "anything I don't eat"....

Typically shoots a Coyote and gets it mounted or throws it out

27-Jul-15
Elephant and primates.

27-Jul-15
Elephant & Giraffe I would go back to Africa and just shoot Baboons

27-Jul-15
Orionsbrother: don't give it a second thought....its all good.

Lots of excellent thoughts and comments!

This all started with my question about why anyone needs 13 lions. I have no ethical problem with it and to each his own. Personally I have no interest in that. Heck, I let most animals walk these days. I don't need to kill anymore...but have no regret when I do.

Most walk but not all ;)

27-Jul-15
Warthog

28-Jul-15
I don't want to hunt anything, I need to.

28-Jul-15
When i say I won't hunt anything I don't eat, that just means I won't hunt just for the sake of a trophy.

I was thinking only in terms of "game animals". I don't put yotes in the catagory of game animals.

Lots of guys travel the country(and world) shooting animals only to fill their trophy room. That will never be me. Not even if I won the lottery. I have no ill will towards those guys as it's perfectly legal. It's just not me. I eat what I shoot first, admire it last. I'll shoot a female over a male any day, even if they're standind side by side, they taste better.

28-Jul-15
TD I agree. Growing up I've had to shoot all most every domestic animal you can think of. A friend wanted to give my wife a piglet last year, I told her if you can't name it bacon we can't take it home. I couldnt shoot my own dog but anyone else's I can.

30-Jul-15
the symbol of American freedom! the Bald eagle MikeC

30-Jul-15
I would never shoot a primate, It just makes no sense.

30-Jul-15
I hear that gorillas taste just like Roast beef...or is it chicken.

30-Jul-15
Coming back to this thread Steve, I may have told you up at our camp a couple years ago, my antics when I was 9 or 10 maybe sooner. I asked for a bow and arrow set for a couple years at Christmas and Santa finally brought me one. A 10# fiberglass bow and 3 arrows that shot hundreds or lepeord frogs. Santa showed up with a 35# Bear fiberglass bow another year that was responsible for even more hundreds of frogs. I didn't know I couldn't kill another frog many years later when I caught a couple frogs to go cat fish fishing. I put that frog on a hook, sent him to the bottom, thought about it and reeled him back up and released him and his buddy when I got back to shore. I swerve to not run over the little guys now.

30-Jul-15
I wouldn't shoot a Wold

30-Jul-15
ManBearPig.

Actually, nothing I can't or wouldn't eat. But I have no problem at all if others want to kill any legal animal they desire.

30-Jul-15
Hard question to answer. I would love to hunt animals with side facing eyes, however I understand that may not be popular or possible with dwindling numbers.

30-Jul-15
An African lion named 'Cecil'

30-Jul-15
Henweigh

30-Jul-15
Anything behind a high fence. No problem with those that do just not for me.

30-Jul-15
Chief you beat me to it!!! :)

30-Jul-15
"TURTLE"

My cousin and I had camped out at Hemitite Lake, at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in Western Kentucky ( before it was designated a NRA ).

We caught a huge stringer of catfish, and left them in the water overnight.

The next morning, I pulled up the stringer, and there was nothing but bones.

I will kill every legal Turtle that I can, with extreme vengeance !!!

30-Jul-15
A comment was made about why shoot 13 lions. Well I say why not. We all have our favorite animal to hunt. Why shoot 13 P and Y whitetail bucks? I don't think there is an animal I wouldn't hunt. Sure there are animals I never will hunt. Due to not high on my list if priorities or financial reasons.

30-Jul-15
Don't care to hunt anything that shoots back, but my active duty years are long over. I can think of a few elk and critters I try not to remember that bothers me a tad.

if I had the means to do whatever I choose to hunt, I would still probably only take some things once. I would not likely shoot 12 types of Chamois for example, one representative would suit me.

30-Jul-15
"Henweigh"

What's a henweigh?

31-Jul-15
Anyone who says "anything I don't eat"....

Typically shoots a Coyote and gets it mounted or throws it out

31-Jul-15
Fish in a barrel. Yea, what's a henweigh?

31-Jul-15
"What's a henweigh?"

Usually about 4 - 6 lbs, why do you ask? :)

31-Jul-15
collared lions............it would just complicate my life too much.

31-Jul-15
R.Hale says ". I would not hunt over bait, from a tree stand or tent. Just not hunting to me."

Subtle slam at 95+ percent of whitetail deer hunters

31-Jul-15
Loup Garou

31-Jul-15
""What's a henweigh?" Usually about 4 - 6 lbs, why do you ask? :)"

Thanks. Someone PM'ed me saying they taste almost identical to chicken,

31-Jul-15
Don't really have any desire to hunt African game...

31-Jul-15
Apes. That's about the only thing I can think of. I would definitely take a whack at a sasquatch if I got the chance though.

• Sitka Gear