kota-man 31-Aug-15
'Ike' 31-Aug-15
Jon Simoneau 31-Aug-15
Jon Simoneau 31-Aug-15
Jon Simoneau 31-Aug-15
bdfrd24v 01-Sep-15
kota-man 01-Sep-15
29-Jul-15
I had the opportunity today to get my hands on a bunch of the new Sitka gear today. The Fanatic lite is my main interest. I wanted to replace my stratus jacket with it. I gotta say that it seems like all the new offerings this year are quieter which is great. I damn near pulled the trigger on the fanatic lite. It's pretty much perfect in every way. The only thing that stopped me is I really wish it had the windstopper in it. The new stratus coat which does have the windstopper in it is much better than the old one in my opinion. Quieter. The new Fanatic setup is also quieter. The other mid weight offerings all seem excellent as well. I'll probably end up getting the fanatic lite because I love the zipper hand warmer combination that I have on my Fanatic coat. But man I wish it had the windstopper in it. Overall it seems that Sitka continues to make the finest hunting clothing available. Good luck out there guys!

30-Jul-15
Excellent! Under the Fanatic Lite You could later up with either the Kelvin vest, jacket or new down Kelvin jacket under the Fanatic lite or the easier thing to do is to buy Both:)

Addicting for sure and with good reason!

30-Jul-15
Yea. That's what I'm thinking Charlie. I'm sure I'll probably end up with one. Good luck!

31-Jul-15
I'm an addict for sure! But, I bought an after season 2014 Fanatic jacket. Along with Kelvin vest, jacket and pants, I suspect that I'll be snuggly warm this season! Of course, the Ascent and 90% jackets & pants will get their use too! Did I tell you about the undershirts? Long sleeve, and short sleeve..... :)

>>>>---love SITKA!---->

31-Aug-15
I've been interested in the Fanatic light since I saw it came out but was wishing it had the windblocker layer. Well I ended up buying one and even though I haven't hunted in it yet so far I love it. Sitka has come up with new and excellent mid layer items that will compliment this well. There is a jet stream wind blocker vest. Once I got the fanatic light home, I liked it even more. It's gonna be me go to for most of October but what I really like is that it perfectly fits under my Stratus coat, over my Stratus coat and under my Fanatic coat. That is a lot of options to use. It's also very quiet, and minimal bulk. This stuff just keeps getting better all the time. I have an older Stratus coat and I love it but I think the new one is even better. All of it is the finest hunting clothes on earth in my opinion.

31-Aug-15
All Sitka, all the time:)

31-Aug-15
Jon,

I've really wanted to get my hands on the fanatic lite. As I mentioned in the other thread, I just haven't been able to yet.

The windstopper was the one question for me as well. I've got some layering options, but I'm really feeling like this will be the ticket. Just like to "touch" things before I commit!

31-Aug-15
My plan is to layer the new Stratus UNDER the Fanatic Lite as season rolls on. The Fanatic Lite will be perfect early season and provide an extra layer over the Stratus for later season before I have to bust out the Incinerator.

I'm taking the whole new whitetail line on my archery Shiras moose hunt in October to give it all a "test" run.

31-Aug-15
Good call Kota. I just got my Fanatic Lite; the kangaroo pocket will be perfect on the outside.

31-Aug-15
So what are you running for sizing Kota if you plan to wear over the stratus?

31-Aug-15
XL in Stratus, XXL in Fanatic Lite. The XXL is a hair big on me alone but layers perfectly over the XL Stratus.

I find myself wearing an XL in most Sitka Jackets with the exception of the Jetstream Lite which I wear XXL. The Fanatic Lite is a "snugger" fit" and I probably fall between XL and XXL in that offering.

31-Aug-15
A go-to for sure....

31-Aug-15
I'm pretty picky about my hunting clothes. Its probably because I get cold easy. That's why I love this stuff. It works the best. I'm a medium in size. I buy everything in medium and it works perfect for me. But I've seen my friends make some mistakes when buying this stuff. They may be a size large according to the sizing charts but they end up buying a size up thinking they will need room to layer. I too did this. I bought a Fanatic setup in size large, even though the charts told me to buy a medium. I found myself adding extra layers in order to fill the void. I sold that set and started buying everything in medium. After that I was able to completely eliminate a layer AND I was warmer. I live in N.E. Illinois. It gets really cold and it's almost always windy. I never need to wear more than 3 layers up top and 2 for my bottom. That's the beauty of this stuff. My under layers are really thin and I'm good. Another mistake I have seen my friends do is they will spend the money for a full Fanatic set, but skip the base layers. They wear cheap cotton long underwear and sweatshirts underneath. That ain't gonna work. Your going to be cold. My advice is to start from the skin and work your way out when deciding what to buy. It really works well if you do that. I have no complaints. This stuff is really really good if used correctly.

31-Aug-15

31-Aug-15
Bdfrv24d, just go ahead and buy one. I've already been using Sitka stuff and even though I have not yet hunted in this Fanatic Lite it has far exceeded my expectations. It's really good stuff. The sizing is always perfect for me and this new stuff being offered this year is even better and allows more options. I was really really happy when I tried it both under my Stratus coat, over my Stratus coat and also under my full Fanatic coat and it worked perfectly. I mean perfectly. This is really well thought out stuff. My wife says I'm a hunting clothes "junkie" and I suppose I am. But I'm much more effective and I enjoy myself more out there more when I'm comfortable. Nothing comes close to this stuff.

01-Sep-15
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered the fanatic lite then. All my other Sitka tops are XL except my old kelvin jacket being a large.

Can't wait to get it in. Figured if it's too bulky I'll just get a large in

Thanks for all the advice job and Kota

01-Sep-15
No problem. You'll really like it. Like Jon says, it is so versatile and so well thought out. I, like Jon, have a lot more fun when I'm comfortable and it is always fun to try new gear. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear